Notices

Class of January 2020 PART 7

Old 07-15-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Morning all.

I continue to be amazed at the ease with which my wife and I can discuss things that before would have stood little chance of being discussed in a productive manner.

No lake fishing today. Going to try to get some chainsaw projects done around the house. A tree has grown into the path of our tv satellite dish and a large branch needs to be removed. There are also trees that were damaged in storms of recent years and finally died and fell into the mowed area. At least the firewood shed should get stocked up, not that anyone wants to think about firewood when it's 97 F and humid.

Old 07-15-2020, 04:55 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi Classmates

Thanks BM. Well, it was a 6 out of 10 day yesterday, doing great and fell away a bit at the end. The armour idea and setting the right mental attitude helped. Some things got done and I am hoping for the same today. A few green shoots, let's say.

I haven't bought any clothes either since this lock-down. I am looking forward to being in that kind of world again. I do love the idea of pyjamas. The last time I had some, I must have been a kid.

Masks, where I live, are mandatory indoors and many people wear them in the street. I would guess 70% of people you see outside wear them and 100% inside. It has been that way since the start so wearing a mask is normal now. I don't think many people think that they, themselves, are being protected, it more about spreading. Maybe it is a big city/small town thing, like you suggested City.
Not drinking does wonders for being in lock-down with your significant other. I feel for those whose partners are smashed all the time and unable to communicate.

I hope all of us in the class get through this. You get the feeling that the pandemic isn't going away for a while. Thankfully we have this forum, while others have felt isolated during this time.

Before it gets too hot, I am going to have a SLOW jog outside.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all

dlb

Old 07-15-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

The biggest motivation now for me to never drink again is not the dreaded hangovers, lost time or health implications anymore.
These are still huge but they are not #1.

It is the fear of erasing the emotional growth I have gained sober. It may not be much but I and others have noticed.

If you don't mind me saying, I believe this is what you are experiencing also city in relation to you and your wife communicating.
I know communication in my household has never been better as well.

I just bought some t-shirts this morning. Online Being the fashionista I am they double as daily attire and pj's LOL

Old 07-15-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Indoors bachhus? I am confused. Not in your houses though right?
Old 07-15-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I agree that communication is so much easier when neither party is smashed!
Less arguments in our house that’s for sure
Old 07-16-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Watching the early morning weather. They said "steamy and sweltering" today. Nice.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:32 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Steamy and sweltering is our normal lol, although it’s winter now so it’s cool and crisp at night and warm and sunny by day
It’s currently 17C which is cold for here! I’m rugged up and wearing warm clothes. Apparently going down to 11C tonight which is really freezing for us, about as cold as it ever gets here, and will probably only last one or 2 nights and winter will be over lol. But I’m feeling it tonight and have the winter woollies on and extra blankets on top on the doona
Old 07-16-2020, 02:38 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

"Steamy and sweltering" - uggh! It is very grey and overcast here today - I am now very grateful for that! :-)

Completely agree with the sentiments regarding improved communication and emotional growth. I've always been aware (this time around at least!) that this is a journey and an ongoing process, and never has that been more apparent than now. It's not always easy, but slowly and surely more and more jigsaw pieces are falling in to place.

Take care everyone :-)
Old 07-16-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-8-a.html (Class of January 2020 PART 8)

D