Notices

Class of May 2020 Part Two

Old 05-13-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Classic Next Gen Sober Recovery Desktop' is to become the default desktop style - its different looking and will take some getting used to but it's free of funny characters.

D
Old 05-13-2020, 10:23 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Free.

11:23 here.

Good night, folks.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Was awake at 4am today. I have a phone meeting with my doctor at 4PM. Accidentally set my alarm for AM. There is absolutely nothing to do at 4am. Thank God for Netflix!
Old 05-14-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

It's day 21. Since I started drinking heavily in 2007 (reaction to stress, anxiety) I have been alcohol free for three weeks twice before. But this time feels different. More solid.

While our state is starting phase 1 of recovery for most counties, our county is a hotspot and will remain under the full stay-at-home order for a bit longer. I'm okay with that. However, this afternoon, we are going to a public garden that is open, but of course will wear masks and keep 6+ feet away from others. After a chilly spring so far, we look forward to walking outside in 72 degrees.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Enjoy the garden, Lilylady. It sounds like a great thing to do. I hear outdoor things are the safest.
I'm thankful for Netflix, too, Wasting. Also Youtube. I am finding so much recovery stuff on there.
I'm also still watching too much news. This is all just so fascinating to me. Not only the virus and it's issues, but the personalities involved both in the media and in the government and all the people acting out. It's like a real-time soap opera, but the sad thing of course is that it's real and people are suffering. I hope that some good changes come from it.
Venus, I am sending you lots of love and hugs. I'm so glad to hear you're taking back the reins.
RAL, congrats on day three! I'm also so glad you're back.
Hugs to everyone, see you all later!
Old 05-14-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning dearest Karen and so much love to all of you.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:40 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Day 3 for me. nearly 5pm. Had a much better day. It's so important to remember that even though one day is really bad the next will surely be much better

Love to you all.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Enjoy the garden, Lilylady. It sounds like a great thing to do. I hear outdoor things are the safest.
I'm thankful for Netflix, too, Wasting. Also Youtube. I am finding so much recovery stuff on there.
I'm also still watching too much news. This is all just so fascinating to me. Not only the virus and it's issues, but the personalities involved both in the media and in the government and all the people acting out. It's like a real-time soap opera, but the sad thing of course is that it's real and people are suffering. I hope that some good changes come from it.
Venus, I am sending you lots of love and hugs. I'm so glad to hear you're taking back the reins.
RAL, congrats on day three! I'm also so glad you're back.
Hugs to everyone, see you all later!

You are so right, Sober369. It's very fascinating for me too and hard believe this is all happening. I watch too much news as well. I have CNN on TV all day. We are witnessing a historic event. Not knowing how this pandemic ends has brought out the curiosity in me.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:42 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Me too! I don't think I've been this committed to staying alive in many years. Partly because it's given me hope being sober, but a big part of it is I want to be here to see what happens next.
Love to all, have a magnificent day!
Old 05-14-2020, 10:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hi everyone,
Day 3 for me. nearly 5pm. Had a much better day. It's so important to remember that even though one day is really bad the next will surely be much better

Love to you all.
Really glad to hear your day was better today dear RAL s xx

Old 05-14-2020, 11:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

well i bought some drink, took a sip and actually tipped the rest down the sink, just feel full and feel like crap, phyicaly and mentaly. Hub told me to try and have a bath and see if i can relaxe which i had bath but naw cant relaxe just feel so full of shite and down. got work tomo afo and evening and thats a thought to do. sry having a bad afternoon and early even, i just seemed to of slipped when finished work this afo and went for lay down and dont seem to be able to get back up again.

good to see everyone doing ok, good job on everyone sober days x
Old 05-14-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Oh love. s

Tipping out that booze was such a great thing to do. Really. :hug; s

Just sorry to hear that you are feeling so lousy. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-14-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good on you for tipping it out erratic
Old 05-14-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Today has been pretty good. No cravings. Feeling ok. A little disconnected from reality but not sick.

Having a day where I can only focus on the past and regret though. Why did I waste those years. I want the time back. I want a do over!

Hope you're all well.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:23 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

How are you feeling now Erratic? Is it possible to take the booze out of the house so it's not so easy to be tempted? I've started shopping before 10am as we can't buy alcohol here until 10am so that takes that out of the equation. I hope you are ok and get a decent sleep tonight.

Thanks Venus - it still amazes me the difference a day makes. How are you doing today?

Karen-just want to say I love your posts, you're so very upbeat and positive, it is contagious

Congrats on 3 weeks Lilylady-I hope you enjoyed the garden.

Fallow-how are you? The ice cream sounds fantastic!!

TC-hope you got a good night's sleep

Dig-I also love reading all the posts here. I think many people are in the USA so when I wake up in the morning there are so many posts to read.

WL-I hope your doc appointment went well. I am also a bit of a news addict although I have been watching it less and less as time has gone on.

Just some rambling thoughts. When I started being off work I thought oh this is great, the sun was shining, we ate what we wanted and drank every night. How stupid.

Now I miss work so much and want to go back but understand I have to stay off at least another 3 weeks but hopefully things will return to normal soon after the 3 weeks is up. Or whatever the new normal is I am going to use the next 3 weeks to get a firm foundation of sobriety, good health and peace of mind. No drinking, walking every day, read, do recovery work, eat healthily -all of which make me remain calm and lead to peace of mind. The sun has shone here for the last 6 weeks which is unheard of at any time of the year but especially so early. It is a bonus and a positive

Of course there will be bad days and mental health issues and potential work problems but with a sober, clear head I can face it.

Day 3 coming to an end and it has not been too bad. Although I've felt groggy and had a sore head I have had a decent walk, read and sat in the sun. Plus done some housework and home schooling. Mentally I feel 100% better already, even Mr RAL commented on it. I did take an anti anxiety drug last night but will not tonight as know how easyi it is to become dependent on those too.

Good night all and thanks for being here.x
Old 05-14-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good job dumping the drink, erratic. That's not easy, but definitely smart.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

That's a great plan, RAL.

Good night.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good night.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

It is a great plan, isn't it?

Why did we waste all of those years.....oh yeah.....I know that train of thought very well......so I like to look at it this way instead.....what a miracle we came out the other side and have years in front of us to choose to live the way we want. s xx
Old 05-14-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mamatembo View Post

Good night.
Thanks Mamatembo Good night to you too.