Notices

Class of May 2020 Part Two

Old 05-13-2020, 11:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

<div>I had a post written but it had so much garbled text formatting stuff mixed in that it was not readable.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>Just wanted to say hugs and love to all, mainly.</div>
Old 05-13-2020, 11:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Tomorrow is a new day.&nbsp; Staying positive and on here. Thanks to you all.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

OK.....hopping over to SoberRecovery Desktop mode to see if it is better today.

And saying goodnight to RAL. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope you sleep well love.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well! Everything is different here again. I think it's kind of funny. I was disturbed when it first started, but now it just seems par for the course in this odd world we live in. So long as I don't try to make another paragraph or smile or anything, it seems okay. I kind of like the look, too, I think.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I dug a hole for another rose bush but it wouldn't drain, so I dug a trench next to it. I am so tired and hurting all over. I may have to hire this job out to someone. But, I am not wanting a drink. I'm grateful for that!
Old 05-13-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

SO much work love. s

Have a big tall glass of cold water. I bet it will be wonderful. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-13-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey all. I'm hanging in. Mornings seem tough for me. Gets better as the day goes on.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you are doing OK dear Maria. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-13-2020, 06:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hope you are doing ok Maria and sorry to hear you had a bad day but well done for getting through.

Thanks for all the kind messages last evening, I got some sleep though it's 2am now and wide awake.Still better than it being 2am and having a raging thirst, banging headache and many regrets. I know that what happened work wise is just life. It's nothing too serious, just off for another furloughed period when I genuinely thought I might be going back this week. Anyway, at least I still have employment and hopefully there won't be any redundancies. Hoping things will get back to normal or at least a new normal very soon.

From periods of sobriety before I know it's not all plain sailing. Life happens and getting sober means learning new coping skills and dealing with issues in new ways without reaching for the bottle. I just didn't think I'd be thrown in emotionally on day 2 when emotionally very raw anyway. But alcoholism is no respecter of time or of anything.

Anyway, as it's after midnight I am on day 3. Surprisingly I feel physically ok and eating better already though that is not a main priority but it seems to help.

I am focusing on what I do have. a supportive spouse, a child who is dealing with lockdown/home schooling pretty well apart from missing his friends. A job. The biggest issue is my mental health, as I am sure it is for many of us. But wine gives no answers and no solutions. whatever is happening of coming to us must be dealt with with a clear sober head. The mind races in the early hours but at least my head is clear and have some element of peace of mind.

I am going to paint today (buildings not artwork) as it calms me and is good exercise. Will try and get some more sleep now but if not then so be it.

Take care all.x
Old 05-13-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

double post
Old 05-13-2020, 06:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

You are so right honey.....mental health is an issue for a lot of us right now. I know it is for me. s

Proud of you. Hope you get back to sleep soon. Huge hugs. xxxxxxxxx
Old 05-13-2020, 06:42 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus Hugs to you too. How are you doing?
Old 05-13-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good today.

This is all very challenging.....this virus stuff....lots of changes to my life that were very hard for me.
But I took back the reins today and it was very empowering.
I can still have control of my life....I just had to work out how if that makes sense.

Off to bed. I feel like I will actually sleep tonight without tossing and turning. We shall see.
So much love. s xxxxx
Old 05-13-2020, 06:56 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Glad you are working through things Venus and there is improvement. I hope you get a decent sleep
Old 05-13-2020, 06:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thank you.....gosh I am glad you are back. I missed you so much. s xxxx
Old 05-13-2020, 07:57 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Zzz from Canada, eh

All caught up on reading. Sending this entire group some positive vibes!!!

Let's all keep up the good work and keep the SR communication line wide open...

I love reading how everyone is doing at least once every day

Zzz...
Old 05-13-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Checking in b4 bed happy I got to catch up a bit.
RAL hope the job situation gets better and more normal soon.

Had a long day was tired thru the morning. Thankfully not anything like hangover tired just not feeling the day. I never really got in a groove at work. Kids were behaved all day so that was nice. Had an awesome sandwich for lunch. I played golf after work with some friends. Played real well. Got offered a couple beers but declined easily.

Afterwards I made a pit stop at my favorite local ice cream shop. I bought 4 pints of ice cream! 😁

Getting ready to have a half pint of salted snickers and go to bed. Hope everyone has a great day/night!
Old 05-13-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

OMG I am alcoholically eating this ice cream! It is so good. I think the pint is going down.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:39 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x<div><br></div><div>thanks maria and sry about ur cat, i know how hard it is as i had 2 cats and i was the same xx good job on day 2 i think u said you was on, i am on day 2 again today.&nbsp; thanks also ral and ur doing great for all ur days. fallow yeah i seem to do the same thing with icecream when i get it, i have to eat the whole thing. xx thanks venus also x</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>ended up buying a book and then chipper then went to bed. i may change it tonight like u all suggested, bath then pjs to feel settled, maybe thats what missing as i dont get into pjs until i go to bed xx&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>have to leave it there got work this morn xx hope u all have a good day x</div>
Old 05-13-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hope ur able to read it cant be bothered sorting out all the script the post made&nbsp;