Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomer's Daily Support Threads
Reload this Page >

All in all, Rome wasn't built in a day, eh? kk1k5x accountability thread Pt 2

Notices

All in all, Rome wasn't built in a day, eh? kk1k5x accountability thread Pt 2

Old 08-06-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Administrator

That was a great post Bekind. Thank you. I too get a lot out of being part of something bigger than myself.

I really hope to see you and your posts (& everyone else here) continue around the place.

I just wanted to add that as much as I disagreed with the part of the post I singled out, I can’t recall any other times I had issue with what you posted Kk and your forays into other people’s threads have been always been good advice, firm but helpful in nature.

I remember the struggle you had to get sober and the fact that you got there and have stayed there is commendable.

No hard feelings I guess is what I’m getting at, and I wish you well no matter what you decide regarding your participation here.

D
Old 08-06-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

kk, I don't always keep up with your thread and I hope you were just having a bad moment...not sure what happened here.

I just wanted to say goodbye and good luck with the rest of your life. I know thousands of people have read your thread (yes, every tick on the numbers is a new person) so I'll speak for the 5500 or so of them who aren't members of this site, but clicked on your thread.

It will be a shame to lose your voice here.

Blessings.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:55 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
every tick on the numbers is a new person
Really? I had no idea.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:50 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Wonderful post Bekind. All the best to everyone on the thread.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Happy 60th Birthday Saou! I discovered this after reading the Weekenders thread. I also saw a photo of you recently on the same thread....and NO WAY do you look 60 years old, I'm amazed at how youthful you looked! You wear your years very well....that could be a song title! Must be all that walking and abstaining from alcohol.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:10 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you Tatsy, you are most kind. I turn 60 on the 15th.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Just like to say well done, Kk! You renounced your tenure in this thread on the 7th August and haven't visited since. That shows positive forwards movement and hopefully, stability. It would be good to hear of your progress.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Kk, I understand why you feel the way you do. I also understand this is a public site where others can respond. That’s the wonderful thing about this site, yet I understand your frustrations with feeling like you’ve lost your personal thread.

Have you looked at the flip side? That people have felt so comfortable with you, people who have really identified with you, were open enough to also share their lives on your thread? That they felt it was a safe place because you had been so open about your daily struggles and accomplishments? How wonderful you created that kind of space!

Personally, I’ve come back to this site frequently, although I don’t usually log in. Yours is one of the daily threads I would visit because when I first joined we were close in starting our journeys. I haven’t been successful. You have shared your accomplishments, frustrations and everything in between and have been someone I have kept tabs on because its shown me that I can do it too! I’m still struggling. Please don’t let this keep you from posting, as so many people have benefited so much from your posts.

I hope you come back. I hope you share your daily musings because it shows so many people that we can get through our daily lives too. Your voice has remained strong on your thread. It was never lost or ignored. We miss you. We are all just trying to get through this thing called life. And those with addictions have an even more difficult go at it. You have been such a strong voice, it would be a shame for that voice to go quiet permanently. So many would love to hear from you again. I am hopeful that one day when I return to the site I see a new post from you.

And even if I don’t see that post, I wish all the best for you. I wish you continued sobriety, health and immense happiness. I’m sure everyone would welcome you back with open arms when you decide to return. I hope things have been well for you.

~Peaches
Old 09-01-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Peaches, that was a beautiful, wise and heartfelt post.
Hope you're still forging ahead stoically, Kk.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck MissPeaches. You can do it.