Notices

Class of January 2020 PART6

Old 04-11-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi Januarians

I hope everyone is well on this Saturday. It is nice weather in my part of the world but we are only meant to go out for emergency supplies. Therefore, it will be enjoyed through an open window.

I do still see people out walking dogs, running, cycling with kids. I guess you do only what you feel is allowed. In Spain, Italy and other places, the police crackdown is very strict. I hope the levels of transmittance are manageable, without adopting a Spain or China type lock down. Time will tell, I guess.

On a personal level, doing pretty good today. I slept well, for some reason. I have a bunch of to-do's and am planning to get through them and celebrate with cooking a nice dinner.

Have a healthy, happy and safe evening/day/morning all.

dlb
Old 04-11-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

FK; congrats on catching the snakehead and catfish the other day, and for purchasing that new kayak. It looks like you'll be keeping very busy and productive outdoors for quite a while yet. I envy that lifestyle though I'm not sure I could seriously do it, even if I had the time and opportunity. Maybe in the future...

Cityboy, conflicts with loved ones are the worst. For me, I'm often left feeling guilty for a long time afterwards when they happen. As I grow in sobriety, I'm learning to do a lot of letting go and embracing acceptance, patience and humility. These things are helping me deal with such conflicts. I wish you peace and strength as you go through those challenges.

db7, that's really kind about the masks being free and the recipients 'paying it forward'. So thoughtful.

Regarding announcing sobriety, I don't think I'll ever 'announce'. I hope that my announcement will be more in the form of how my life will change/is changing. Sort of a living announcement. Personally, at the moment (and this may seem selfish though it's really not), I have no interest in involving anyone in my recovery apart from SR. People in real life simply don't get it, in my experience.

A huge congrats, Willow, on 40+ days. Congrats also, of course, to db7, Cityboy and jr... I hope your bike ride is awesome, jr.

jr; those really are beautiful pictures of the sand paintings. That's something I'd like to see in real life someday. I also agree, they're apt for Easter. Thank you.

dlb, I have been going on walks with my kids. I did wonder recently, however, whether that was ok, even with maintaining social distance (we don't wear masks or gloves on these walks). Anyway, starting yesterday, I decided to stop walking altogether. It isn't very necessary and the risk, if any, isn't worth it, I suppose.

I hope you're all having a lovely day/night. I'll try to check in later.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

It's OK to go for walks love. We can't get the virus from the air. As long as you are a good 6 feet away from others.... s xx

I don't think it's selfish at all the way you are doing your recovery. I personally think it is wise. And also what I did. And I love what you said about the "living announcement".

My big one was going from the biggest screw-up of my class and in fact whole school (by accomplishing nothing in my life, including career and marriage) to announcing that I was moving to America and getting married.

My best bud, Danny, who was my BF from 18-24 almost jumped for joy for me. He was happily stunned. As were a lot of other people who had known me as a pretty hopeless alcoholic for years.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the feedback! I appreciate it.

ButterMarsh, I don’t think that’s selfish at all. There are no right or wrong answers or ways of handling this.

Willow, congrats on day 40!!!

Jr, lol... yes, typo on my part. I meant “movies”.

I love your accomplishment story, Suze! ❤️

I’m starting to struggle with my feelings of anxiety, especially in the last few days. I’ve seen more and more people on FB posting drinking memes, or talking about big parties they’ll have when this is all over, etc. If I avoid FB, then I take away much of my social interaction. It’s not detrimental to my sobriety because I have no desire to drink. It just makes me think that I used to be the person posting those memes, and it reminds me of what a hot mess I was. I think once my doctor tells me I can get outside and move around, and I can start bicycling again, much of,this will go away.

Anyway, happy Easter tomorrow to those who celebrate!
Old 04-11-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Time to hop off FB darling Daisy.....what do you think? s xx ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Daisy I’ve been seeing the same things, lots of posts about drinking, and the AV has really been acting up the last couple of days. Doesn’t help that we got takeaway dinner delivery last night and my partner added a 6 pack into the order (yep they deliver alcohol too). The AV was screaming at me for a bottle of wine But I knew that was a really bad idea. So I ate my dinner and went to bed. On a full stomach, ugggh. And of course had a crap sleep. But I didn’t drink.

And today is day 42, so as long as I ignore the stupid AV today, I’ll have 6 weeks under my belt by tonight.
And like Suze suggested, I’m not going on Facebook. But I agree Daisy, it’s my social life in isolation too, and how I keep in touch with friends and family, so I won’t ditch it entirely, but will limit my time on there.

But for today, it’s distraction by paintbrush, back to finish off the kitchen today, and then we’re done, phew....
Old 04-11-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

So I think you girls need to get off Facebook. At least just till we have a semblance of normal again.

Just for me ~ I refuse to let the stress of other peeps multiplied on social media to get to me....no way....most people don't have the kind of program for life or support that we all do on SR, and they may well be losing it. I am not taking part in any of that.....it's enough for me to deal with my zillionaire sister who is complaining non-stop and now unable to communicate with me at all....she cannot deal with not being able to go out and about every day. Geez. Get a grip.

So on a mass people basis....no way....let's just stick together and support each other like we always have and always will. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 05:26 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Suze ❤️❤️❤️ xxxx
Old 04-12-2020, 02:29 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I think eating chocolate for breakfast this morning might not have been a great idea, because once the sugar wore off, the AV kicked in big time! Really really big time
Hanging out on SR helped me head it off, and after a good solid lunch I felt a lot better and the AV slunk off with it’s tail between it’s legs.
I had fresh crumbed coral trout straight from the ocean and salad and a huge drink of ginger lemon and soda water. Coral trout is my all time favourite fish, yum! And thankfully I’ve made it to 6 weeks tonight

A big shout out to Suze and Dee for helping me stay sober today ❤️
Old 04-12-2020, 02:41 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

You did the heavy lifting willow

D
Old 04-12-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Very glad that it worked out for you willow. That's an inspiring story. In the first couple of weeks, as my system was learning to make do without the alcohol, I had a craving for chocolate and kept hitting the stash of chocolate chips for baking. I'll remember your story as a reason to avoid it.

Coral trout eh? (Quick Google) Body shape looks exactly like the gag grouper I catch sometimes, which are definitely one of my favorites.

Buttermarsh, very good discussion and comments as usual.

I agree with limiting social media exposure outside of SR.

Hope everyone has or has had a great day.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Almost forgot. I had a dream last night in which I was having an AV attack desire to drink. Got up and went back to sleep watching TV, then finally went back to bed, just like I did so often while drinking. May have been the result of excessive cajun seasoning with dinner.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Well done Willow on making your 6 weeks milestone. You have shown so much strength. I hope you are proud of your journey so far.

I am doing OK today. Feeling a bit stuck indoors and stir crazy. I am lucky to have a better situation than many others do and need to remind myself of that more.

I am going to see about getting some goals and motivating myself today.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Sunday all

dlb
Old 04-12-2020, 08:39 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Love and hugs for everyone and sorry for being aggressive re Facebook etc last night.....geez Suze.

s xx ❤️
Old 04-12-2020, 08:55 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Love and hugs for everyone and sorry for being aggressive re Facebook etc last night.....geez Suze.

s xx ❤️
Venus, I didn't think you were being aggressive.

I feel bad for coming down on my Dad the other day for getting so wrapped up in the "news".
Old 04-12-2020, 09:10 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I read my post from yesterday and thought wow, who is that chic.

Yes, I hear you....but it is hard to be perfectly patient at the moment.
I'm sure he forgave you. s xx
Old 04-12-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I read my post from yesterday and thought wow, who is that chic.

Yes, I hear you....but it is hard to be perfectly patient at the moment.
I'm sure he forgave you. s xx
Lol you weren’t aggressive Suze, just stating your opinion
And you’re right, FB is full of crap

Cityboy coral trout is so very yummy. The only similar fish I’ve had is NZ blue cod which is just as delicious I’ve not tried gag grouper though

Thanks Bacchus it’s good to be back up at 6 weeks again. My emotions are on a more even keel now, less of the crazy roller coaster of emotions that I experienced in the first few weeks
Old 04-12-2020, 04:23 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You did the heavy lifting willow

D
But you are a great spotter Dee
Old 04-12-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

^^^ Nods. ❤️
Old 04-12-2020, 04:56 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator