Notices

Class of January 2020 PART6

Old 04-27-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Re: Class of January 2020 PART6

Hello Class!
Awesome post butters!I've had the same thing pop up just not articulate enough to put it in those words.
Good work standing your ground!
Old 04-27-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thanks and hugs, everyone.
I've got to go tuck my son in now... I hope to check in later.
xx.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:02 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Very good post buttermarsh.

If Jr's head had a huge tomahawk embedded in it, that would be reminiscent of the next morning after having polished off a 12 pack and a bottle and a half of cab.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Butters that was an absolutely wonderful post. Beautifully written and a wonderful reminder. Thank you. I have copied it and kept it xxx
Old 04-27-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks BM
D
Old 04-28-2020, 04:05 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi Class
Venus, like you, I am need of a motivated day today.
I was in a bit of a directionless funk yesterday. My dreams were restless also. Always a sign that something is up.
Not a big post today, more of a check-in. Doing OK.

have a healthy, happy and sober day all
dlb
Old 04-28-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I was a complete mess yesterday.

I finally cracked over the renovation of the other half of the house. So so many people here all day. Shared front entrance and main door....I lost count of how many people I heard going in and out. So I had a tantrum, and smashed a plate, Greek-style. It felt good. I was kind of stunned though that I had that much anger.

And I apologised to my husband, and about the plate, and told him I picked one I was going to throw out because it was chipped.

OY.
Let's do Tuesday with love and calm and productivity.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:44 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Dontlookback and venuscat, I hope you both have the type of day you need to keep your spirits up.

I've been on a good run of making headway on projects around the house since getting back from m&d's house Friday, and plan to take the day off work to do some more things.

Weekend days before would necessarily start by nursing a hangover. By midafternoon, it was moving on towards beer-thirty. Much like jr's discussion of procrastination, the domestic projects would take a back seat to these two controling factors. Without the drinking and hangovers, I still wouldn't say the projects are dropping like flies, but at least it seems possible to make headway now, which helps with controlling the anxiety.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

s

The anxiety of waiting and waiting till beer-thirty....planning the day around it. Yes, that is so hard isn't it? And so all-consuming. And such a waste of time.

Hope you have a great day today dear CB. xxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-29-2020, 03:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Morning all.

The weather has been nice of late. For dinner last night, we made a fire in the yard and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, which was fun. We did that a lot when the kid was little. Just another activity during which I would have typically been drinking.

This weekend was going to be the BIG fishing trip in which about 15 buddies all bring boats and meet at the marina for a long weekend, but it was postponed for obvious reasons. Anheuser Busch Inbev reports good quarterly earnings when we have these trips. I had a dream about it last night in which I held out until the last evening. Looks like I'll be taking my kid and nephew fishing anyway, without the beer.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates
Venus, I was so glad to read your post. Not that you were feeling anguish but that I wasn't the only one in a funk. I am sure we have different factors causing it but thanks for your honest post.
Maybe you were feeling powerless to events around you, mine was more internal maybe. Much to improve today.

P.S - I hope the plate wasn't part of a set

Cityboy, I remember you talking about this fishing trip. It was a big deal for you, early on in January. How you would approach not attending or going and not drinking.
In a way, world events took care of that dilemma.
My guess is, you would have chosen well even without this pandemic. Taking your kid and nephew out seems just as fun. Maybe the beginning of a new tradition.

I appreciate you guys posting. On my previous newcomers thread, the numbers dwindled at times, then picked up again as people found thier way back and rejoined the group.
Ok. To work.Have a safe, happy, healthy and sober day all.

dlb

Old 04-29-2020, 05:30 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

More hugs dear bacchus, and for all of you.

Yes, the plate was part of a set. But lots of them got badly chipped (I am bad with that somehow, or it's the quality of the dishes, never happened to me in Australia) and I am using most of the plates as plant saucers now.

Plus I have a DIVINE new set of crockery that I haven't opened yet.
It's red with heart designs....all in red. I will show you.....later, can't find thepic right now.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Venus, with so many guys working, hopefully they will finish the renovation work soon.

Dontlookback, I'm kind of surprised and humbled that you remember that from January about my anxiety concerning my big fishing trips and drinking. Since posting about it this morning, I've thought about it some more. I've always let the drinking have a lot of power over me, now I'm letting the anxiety over the thought of drinking have power over me.

I hope you rise above the funk soon. There was talk on the local morning news about restaurants beginning to reopen. Economic indicators seem to show that investors are anticipating a return to normal soon. A trip to the gym and a nice dinner out will do wonders.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

I've missed you all so much. I've again taken too long without posting and, just now, reading through your posts, I got so emotional. You're all like a second family for me.... Really, SR is such a lifeline and I'm so grateful to have you guys in my life. xx.

Anyway, I've been consumed with home life as usual. It's challenging but overall really great. These days, since I got sober and started rebuilding my life, I manage to view every challenge as an opportunity to learn something new, usually about myself.

dlb and Suze, I'm sorry about the difficult times you've been experiencing lately. It will surely pass.

Cityboy, I'm sorry you're feeling anxiety around the thought of drinking... What do you think you could do about that? Do you perhaps need to shore up your recovery plan? Or is it just something that will get easier with time? Either way, I agree with dlb, the fishing with your son and nephew is perhaps even better and maybe the start of a new tradition.

Hugs to you all and I will be thinking of you tonight.

BM.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Yes, bad stuff passes.
I am feeling much better tonight.
One day at a time will always be my way.
Every day is a new beginning. s xx
Old 04-30-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yes, Suze, one day at a time is a lifesaver, isn't it? I'm so glad you're feeling better.
Good evening to the Aussies and good morning to the rest...

I'm doing good today. I'm finding that staying at home all day, every day, with young kids isn't so bad after all. We've been getting lots to do even in our small space. Early bedtime and naps in between help a lot too.

The weather is also such a blessing; neither too hot nor too cold...

I wish you all a lovely Thursday...
x.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:30 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I was feeling better, but it didn't last.

A friend in another thread was talking about how it is hard to navigate this virus stuff when you are an anxious person. And I guess a lot of us have that in common. I need more exercise. It is key. I started yesterday and will keep moving today. Hoping for some sun.

REALLY glad you are going well at home love. Makes me happy and cheers me up.
s
Old 04-30-2020, 04:05 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi all
I am doing better and got through a lot of my work challenges yesterday.
Exercise is the key, you are 100% right Venus. I have yet to properly get back into my groove but I really need to.
-I do miss my gym, Cityboy.

I was shocked to read that restaurants in Georgia (U.S) are allowed to reopen. Great, if that works and people are safe.
Where we live, there still isn't any widespread testing. Social distancing has been working. To reverse that, so soon, would be a surprise.
I am very glad I am not a politician.

Today is beginning to get going, in a dreary, rainy, miserable way. I am comfortable though and slowly waking up with coffee and currently soaking my oatmeal. - So I only need to microwave it later for breakfast and avoid washing up.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day, afternoon and Antipodean evening all.
dlb
Old 04-30-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Soaking the oatmeal? Hmm. I don't know about this.I only know cooking the porridge or adding milk to my quick oats.

Pouring rain here. I will take Vit D and run up and down the stairs a lot.

............restaurants here opening on May 12. I just don't get any of this.....what was the point of being so careful only to reopen everything so quickly.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good day, class.
Congratulations all around on yesterday plus one.
Around 8:30 a.m. here, time for Jr to hit the work desk, tuning out of SR and C-19 updates till noon.
Hmmm, haven't had oatmeal in a while, maybe I'll add it to the grocery list; it would be good on a raw spring morning like today.