Notices

Class of April 2020 Part One

Old 04-03-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

So much love dear Maria.....stick close.....and hopefully you will start to feel better in the next few days. s xx ❤️❤️

Tony ~ awesome to see you man....really missed you.
Your post sent shivers through my body.....I really felt that big time.
And I know you will stay sober now.
So much love to you and everyone here. s xx ❤️
Old 04-03-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

itsmaria // I'm in Ontario too! Premier Ford is speaking at 130PM and provincial modeling of what we can expect is to be released at 12PM. I can appreciate your feeling of doom and fear and anxiety during this pandemic. None of us have ever lived through something like this and you'd have to be 102 years old or so to have lived through the last major global pandemic.

I also think that it helps to know that things will get better. Self-care will help get you there. Use any coping tools you have that doesn't involve booze! Being active here to talk and release thoughts and feelings. Etc.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:03 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I can relate to all the new posts, especially JustTony and itsmaria. It would be so easy to chuck everything right now and just keep spirally down. There does seem to be a greater purpose right now, even if that purpose is staying well for my 14 year old dog. I don't want to be a drain on others who are already struggling. I also want to be stable and able if others need me to step up. Right now I have the luxury of staying home and not drinking. It sounds like a pretty stupid sacrifice but I know it's important.

So Day 3 here. Another nice day so planning to work in the yard again. I'm achy from yesterday but my head is clear. I slept better again. I'm eating better. I know the weekend will test me royally and I will probably forget every reason why I'm doing this.

Today I will stay clean. I can do this day.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:10 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Take things one day at a time and realize it's all worth it and it will get better I myself am on day 6 it has been a crazy ride but finally today I woke up less anxious going to go out in the sun today what a roller coaster I'll tell you
Old 04-03-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 6 is fantastic love! s xx ❤️

And so is day 3 dear silversky. s xx ❤️

And hello dear dig. s xx ❤️
Old 04-03-2020, 12:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I use this app called "Days Since" and I've entered my sober date AND time, so I officially just started Day #6 of being completely sober.

But I'm wondering, should I really should call this Day #5 until I go to bed?

I'd imagine most people count by the date and DO NOT include the time of day!

Thoughts?
Old 04-03-2020, 12:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

silversky, I hear you I think the weekend will be a big challenge. Just keep posting here, and I try to come up with a structure. When I start struggling and I don't know what direction to go in, I've just been looking at my list and trying to put one foot in front of the other

dig2 I watched part of the briefing. I get too annoyed by the reporters asking the same questions over and over again. I also have no patience for political sniping right now. Fortunately there has not been much of that.

Thank you venuscat!

Congrats Bwca I read your earlier posts, glad it is getting better.

I looked at my calendar- I always write how much I drink and it's been a few weeks - I've been drinking every 3 or 4 days, then like I said I binge. I didn't realize it was that frequent so I'm trying to be gentle and realize that I'm only on Day 3 and it's been a while since I've gone this long without alcohol.

Normal to be anxious and grumpy I guess.

I still feel like crap but less tempted to drink than I was this morning. I touched base with a councillor and that helped. I also feel super tired and that helps, bc when I'm really tired I always prefer to get a good night's sleep over drinking. So hopefully I can get that tonight.

Take care all.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
I use this app called "Days Since" and I've entered my sober date AND time, so I officially just started Day #6 of being completely sober.

Thoughts?
One close friend here counts her days when she goes to bed, I always counted mine from the morning.... It is whatever feels right to you I think. s xx
Old 04-03-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

For sure it's normal to feel anxious and jumpy on day 3 dear Maria. s

But I am am a bit the same way right now....most of us are I imagine, at some stage with all that is happening....so be extra-gentle with yourself. s Lots of nurturing.

I am finished my day's work....I have been pushing myself hard this week....lots to do. So now I am going to wash my hair and put on fresh trackies (Aussie for sweats ). And then sit in the sun for a while. xxxxx

EDIT: Hi Strawberry. s XX
Old 04-03-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
One close friend here counts her days when she goes to bed, I always counted mine from the morning.... It is whatever feels right to you I think. s xx
Hadn't thought of it that way. I supposed there are so many ways and what really matters is that you get through your "day" however you define it. So, for me it's 3PM everyday... I'm going to fiddle with the app settings to see what I can do... otherwise I can have a good laugh everyday at 3PM that I've just completed another "day"

Merci!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Love it. ❤️
Old 04-03-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post

Thoughts?
Don't overthink it - whatever feels right to you is fine
D
Old 04-03-2020, 08:07 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi
I’m RobinZ
on day 2 and feeling relieved that I am trying to get sober-again
Old 04-03-2020, 08:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Robinz

D
Old 04-03-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 4

Friend of a friend died two days ago (I just heard). She was 27 years old with no underlying health conditions. I’ve seen some photographs of her on tribute pages. Beautiful young lady. Tragic to be taken at such a young age by this terrible virus.

As I sit here by candlelight, as my entire house sleeps and reflect on my life and current ‘troubles’ it puts everything into perspective.

#BeKind

JT
Old 04-03-2020, 08:22 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your loss.

D
Old 04-03-2020, 08:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Robinz! Congrats on Day #2! Keep going!!!
Old 04-03-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sneaking in here late again. Ending day 5. I've been doing online SMART meetings daily. I wish that I had pushed myself to attend some last month when I was struggling horribly, they really do work well for me. Live and learn. I really need to use every tool possible.

JT I am so sorry to hear of the young woman who passed. This thing is so very tragic and unbelievable on every level.

I would love to reply to more of you, I really value each of your posts.
Bed is calling me though and sticking to going to bed before midnight is part of my plan. See you all tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:22 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I am lucky that the liquor stores are closed early. Nighttime comes, when I get the hard cravings, and I can't find anything open. That means I just have to stay up all night watching YouTube videos. Keep watching The Weeknd. Blinding Lights is almost as addictive than alcohol haha. Keep dancing in my bedroom!
Old 04-04-2020, 12:30 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all

still here but not in a positive mood like i was the first 2 days, guess got so much time on my hands like the rest of you all.

good to see so many joining the april group x

was soo good to see u snitch and posting xx

anyway hope u all have a ok day xxx