Notices

Class of April 2020 Part One

Old 04-02-2020, 06:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hang tough love.....it is SO worth it. s xx ❤️
Old 04-02-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
Forgot to mention, the funniest thing about my AV's suggestion about having a beer by the pool when summer arrives is that beer isn't?/wasn't? even my drink of choice. It tried to sneak one by me by presenting a nice and cool refreshing picture. It ought to have ended up with a dodge-ball in the face!!! I still won though.
Awesome post. s xx ❤️

So glad to see you darling Citrus and so very sorry about your gran love. You have had so much loss over the past few years: I know how hard that is. s ❤️

Onward together my beautiful friend. s xx
Old 04-02-2020, 07:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm feeling better today. Finally got some decent sleep, which makes a world of difference. I'm in week 3 of lockdown. I don't mind a break from work but I was slipping into depression, over-eating, desiring to drink more, sluggish, binging on news.

It's been cool where I live, but today is finally sunny and 65, so I plan to get outside for some yard work.

Day 2. How is everyone else coping?
Old 04-02-2020, 08:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Same here sunny but much cooler.....going to warm up more and I am gardening for sure!!

Glad to see you love....sorry to hear that you had a rough time, but very glad you are back with us. s xx ❤️
Old 04-02-2020, 09:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning friends! ❤️☀️
Old 04-02-2020, 09:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hello dear BW. s xx ❤️
Old 04-02-2020, 10:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

So far my day is going very well. Woke up and got out of bed way earlier than usual when it's a work day. It's refreshing to wake up... refreshed!!! As opposed to the past where my body was still sorting through what I put into it the evening before and even during the night sometimes.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day and making the most of it.

If anyone needs to chat and is having a hard time - just speak up! We're here for each other for ALL of April and likely and hopefully way beyond April of 2020
Old 04-02-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am gonna keep posting in April and every month. I'm too lazy to find the March class. Gonna post there too! Haha
Old 04-02-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Guys, 2 years ago I joined April 2018. I had to get sober or I knew I was gonna die. If not physically, then mentally and spiritually. I am not gonna lie. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but EVERYDAY I committed to not picking up a drink no matter what and get my head on my pillow sober. I am coming up for 2 years alcohol free which is an absolute miracle for me, the way I used to drink. It has been a journey of highs and lows and it is only now really that the desire to drink has completely gone. In fact the thought of a drink today makes ne feel physically sick.

My point is...please do NOT GIVE UP. Keep working at your sobriety, make staying sober your primary purpose, use as many tools as you can... I am on SR and in AA and do some SMART work as well. Recovery programmes helped me to deal with my feelings and emotions without turning to alcohol. To learn to live sober. It may take a while but I can PROMISE you it is worth it and the time has flown by and I am so so glad I stuck with it even though some days I wanted to crawl out of my own skin because I wanted to drink so bad.

If I can do this, all of you can too!

❤🙏❤🙏
Old 04-02-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome bluewellies and it’s Maria
Old 04-02-2020, 04:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Guys, 2 years ago I joined April 2018. I had to get sober or I knew I was gonna die. If not physically, then mentally and spiritually. I am not gonna lie. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but EVERYDAY I committed to not picking up a drink no matter what and get my head on my pillow sober. I am coming up for 2 years alcohol free which is an absolute miracle for me, the way I used to drink. It has been a journey of highs and lows and it is only now really that the desire to drink has completely gone. In fact the thought of a drink today makes ne feel physically sick.

My point is...please do NOT GIVE UP. Keep working at your sobriety, make staying sober your primary purpose, use as many tools as you can... I am on SR and in AA and do some SMART work as well. Recovery programmes helped me to deal with my feelings and emotions without turning to alcohol. To learn to live sober. It may take a while but I can PROMISE you it is worth it and the time has flown by and I am so so glad I stuck with it even though some days I wanted to crawl out of my own skin because I wanted to drink so bad.

If I can do this, all of you can too!

❤🙏❤🙏
Thank you for this snitch. Taking the time to give us all a good and inspiring push in the right direction means the world to people like me right now.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:29 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm on day 5 or 6 my head still feel foggy quite a bit of anxiety hopefully things start improving soon but it's been a lot better. I'm so glad I signed up for this site it's been so helpful and positive just love to thank everybody
Old 04-02-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Old 04-02-2020, 06:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome dear Bwca.....sending love and hugs. xx ❤️
So glad you joined the group. xx
Old 04-02-2020, 07:42 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Welcome dear Bwca.....sending love and hugs. xx ❤️
So glad you joined the group. xx
Ditto! Welcome Bwca. Be strong and post here whenever you can to check in with us. We're here for each other this month and hopefully well into the future too. You're in a great place on SR
Old 04-02-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't been to check in today, it's been crazy here. But I am going to bed sober. I'll be here more tomorrow. Love to all. ❤
Old 04-02-2020, 09:59 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I’m on day three.

This last time drinking nearly killed me. I was mentally unwell and thoughts of suicide were very real. My body ached/aches all over and I couldn’t get out of bed even on work days. As I’m the CEO it was the only thing that saved my job really. There was no one about to fire me.

All of that is unimportant now. My business alongside thousands of others across the globe is facing ruin. It’s so hard to watch the thing you have built over two decades crumble into nothing so quickly. So I had a choice - I could face this sober or die a drunk. It really seemed there was no middle ground.

I’ve been so ill recently it has sharpened my focus. The business, money, reputation ... all of those things mean nothing. When you’re so ill you genuinely think you’re about to die you embrace the choice. Give in - or fight. I’m going to fight.

I also dragged myself off the pity pot too. There are millions of people worse off than me in so many ways. I really don’t know how some people are coping with the fear, isolation, existing medical conditions, lack of financial support etc. This world has turned upside down.

So I am two and a bit days sober. I’ve donated some company vehicles to NHS deliveries. Some of my staff on paid leave (called ‘furlough’ in the UK) are also volunteering for the NHS and fight against this. I feel like a man on a mission. I’ve found reasons to live again that sit outside of my own pathetic self centred needs.

I’ve told my wife I love her. I walk my dog. I join the fight against this plague. And if the Company doesn’t survive then I did my best.

I won’t drink again. People will say that they have seen me try many times before and fail - and that would be true. But this time I hit my ‘rock bottom’. It really was that close both physically and mentally to the end for me. So there is no “I’ll try” and no “one day at a time” - I’m just never touching that stuff again.

I don’t know how active I’ll be on here? SR is here to help and has saved so many but I find triggers on discussion forums far too often. Maybe this says something about me and not anyone or anything else? But I wanted to post my support to everyone. Let’s all stay safe and help others less fortunate than ourselves through this? I guess it gives a ‘higher purpose’ for me? Whatever helps.

Best Wishes,

JT
Old 04-02-2020, 10:23 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tony.

D
Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
I’m on day three.

This last time drinking nearly killed me. I was mentally unwell and thoughts of suicide were very real. My body ached/aches all over and I couldn’t get out of bed even on work days. As I’m the CEO it was the only thing that saved my job really. There was no one about to fire me.

All of that is unimportant now. My business alongside thousands of others across the globe is facing ruin. It’s so hard to watch the thing you have built over two decades crumble into nothing so quickly. So I had a choice - I could face this sober or die a drunk. It really seemed there was no middle ground.

I’ve been so ill recently it has sharpened my focus. The business, money, reputation ... all of those things mean nothing. When you’re so ill you genuinely think you’re about to die you embrace the choice. Give in - or fight. I’m going to fight.

I also dragged myself off the pity pot too. There are millions of people worse off than me in so many ways. I really don’t know how some people are coping with the fear, isolation, existing medical conditions, lack of financial support etc. This world has turned upside down.

So I am two and a bit days sober. I’ve donated some company vehicles to NHS deliveries. Some of my staff on paid leave (called ‘furlough’ in the UK) are also volunteering for the NHS and fight against this. I feel like a man on a mission. I’ve found reasons to live again that sit outside of my own pathetic self centred needs.

I’ve told my wife I love her. I walk my dog. I join the fight against this plague. And if the Company doesn’t survive then I did my best.

I won’t drink again. People will say that they have seen me try many times before and fail - and that would be true. But this time I hit my ‘rock bottom’. It really was that close both physically and mentally to the end for me. So there is no “I’ll try” and no “one day at a time” - I’m just never touching that stuff again.

I don’t know how active I’ll be on here? SR is here to help and has saved so many but I find triggers on discussion forums far too often. Maybe this says something about me and not anyone or anything else? But I wanted to post my support to everyone. Let’s all stay safe and help others less fortunate than ourselves through this? I guess it gives a ‘higher purpose’ for me? Whatever helps.

Best Wishes,

JT
Hi Tony

We've been in groups together before. For what it's worth I have absolutely no doubt you can stay sober and I believe you will find peace in that. I remember you being a good man struggling with this alongside the rest of us,

Good lucj

Be123
Old 04-03-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Tony thank you for trying to help in some way. I'm sure it is much appreciated. Sometimes I feel like if I can at least do something positive for others then maybe my life isn't a complete waste.

This is Day 3 for me. I'm really struggling. It's not so much alcohol- I just feel like ****. I feel like I can't bear how I'm feeling. Nothing seems to matter. I don't know, mornings are bad for me, so maybe it's that, and also Ontario is supposed to deliver some message of doom later today. So maybe I am bracing for that. I also think the weekend is worse for me bc there is no work, so there is truly nothing holding me in place.

At least that's how it feels. I know I have to create my own structure, Ican do that with partial success.

I've gone to a couple online AA meetings, one secular which I liked better.

I'm a binge drinker. I could sort of manage it before but when this virus hit I was like ah, just drink and it felt like it got out of control very quickly. Tuesday- the last night I drank- I was going to have two I think and that turned into 8- one beer and 7 shots of rum. Couldn't stop. I didn't even want to stop at 8, I don't know how I did.

My aunt died of cirrhosis. Lots of alcoholism in my family. In the past, most of them are on the wagon now.

Anyway I will find a way to get through the day. Thanks for reading.