Notices

Class of April 2020 Part One

Old 04-11-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
Good evening...

Barely slept last night.... Just extremely vivid nightmares that jolt me awake

I think I've been pretty calm so far, the quarantine....but I do catch myself feeling more concern and fear as the days go on... maybe sleep will be better tonight.

I'm sorry you are not feeling great Venus, many hugs and take care...
Honestly.....it's the same for me as it is for you. Mostly I've been very calm and productive and encouraging to neighbours and friends, but yesterday it all got to me and I also had awful and very vivid nightmares. I am actually shaking right now. But I couldn't eat dinner last night, so it might just be that I need to eat.

Sorry for the moan.

Hope you have a good day today love. xx s ❤️

And all of you.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Welcome TiredCarpenter. I'm glad you decided to post. Congrats on 12 days! I hope you'll keep posting and let us know how you are.
StartAnew, you have already taken some great action. Please do keep letting us know how it's going. It doesn't seem selfish at all, it helps me a lot to hear from you. Very inspiring.
Venus, I hope you feel better! I remember a sponsor I use to have who said that no matter how long she's been sober, when things get tough for her she goes right back to basics. For her that meant go to meetings (AA), work the first step, talk to recovering people and pray. Do whatever it takes to take care of you, because you are loved and needed here!
I didn't see your post in time to dance with Charley, but I did give him half a haircut. He got tired of it so I let him go. I'll finish today. I also took my blower out and blew off the patio. Then sat in the sunshine for a bit. I just had that 'I don't know what to do with myself' feeling, and was afraid it would turn into a craving. It didn't, I'm so grateful for that.
Tony, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I hope today is much, much better. I'm having a hard time with being present, too. So many things to pull us into our minds, dark imaginings and worries.
I'm on day five. I'm so grateful. When I relapsed, I was just sure it would be like all the other times and it would take me months or years to get back. I'm very hopeful that this time I have gotten right back on the horse. I'm determined to make it stick this time. I've always been determined, and have always relapsed, but I'm not going to let that affect me other than to make me ready to continue to do whatever it takes. I still haven't written out my plan, and that has to be my number one thing to get done today.
Hugs to everyone. Please stay well!
Old 04-11-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I feel your determination dear Karen. s xx ❤️

And yes....basics is important. I am all the way on board with your old sponsor. xx

Old 04-11-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thought I would get to the grocery store early this morning just as it opened to avoid crowds. After all, who goes grocery shopping at 8am on Saturday, right? Well, apparently plenty of people go grocery shopping that early. At least 200 people lined up spaces 6 feet apart.

I left. Would have certainly taken over an hour to get in. Now I try to figure out what on earth to do all day....
Old 04-11-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Maybe it's time to order your groceries dear WL. I am. s xx ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 08:01 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 2 again for me. I got complacent and didn’t use my sober tools.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:29 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hey dear BW. Glad to see you honey. s
Onward together. s xx ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 09:50 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you came back, BlueWellies. Just get through today. Let us know how it's going, okay?
I'm upset and worried over an SR buddy who is in ICU with the virus. We also chatted on the quit smoking thread. I hope it's okay to say that. He was doing much better than me with it. I am praying and hope all of you will pray, too. If you are not a praying person, just send positive vibes to him.
Feeling sad and scared. Going to try and stay busy for a while. My grandson is getting on everyone's nerves, so I think I'll take him outside for a while.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:06 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Are you talking about Gregory/wisc love?
We are all upset and worried.
And he is a close personal friend....I am praying with everything I have. s xx

Karen honey.....maybe you would like to join us on the 24-hr connection thread....just a thought....there are lots of people in the thread and we talk very openly, and there is tons of support. xxxx

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-481-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 481)
Old 04-11-2020, 10:10 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
First day on SR. Been lurking for a couple of years now.
Day 12 sober.
Hi everyone!
Welcome TiredCarpenter!!! We are about two days apart on this battle!!! I wish you the very best and lets keep going strong!!!

I'm working away on Day #14 myself. Productive so far. I've packed up all the winter clothing for a family of five here and got the spring/summer gear out. Next up is the garage because the three kids are bugging for their outside toys. They've completed their social distancing training, so we're beginning to trust them in the backyard and out front.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:12 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Honestly.....it's the same for me as it is for you. Mostly I've been very calm and productive and encouraging to neighbours and friends, but yesterday it all got to me and I also had awful and very vivid nightmares. I am actually shaking right now. But I couldn't eat dinner last night, so it might just be that I need to eat.

Sorry for the moan.

Hope you have a good day today love. xx s ❤️

And all of you.
Hugs to you Venuscat!!! Chin up. Keep safe. We will see this through
Old 04-11-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

We will indeed dear dig. Not sure why I went down so hard yesterday.....but it's all better now. s xx
Old 04-11-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, I will do that! Yes, it is Wisc I was talking about. Just awful, he's such a kind person. He will get through this, I know. I just hate that when people are in ICU they can't have friends or family or anything. Must be a terrible feeling. I hope he knows we are all pulling for him.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:17 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I feel that he does.....he knows there is a long list of people here who care about him. xxx
Old 04-11-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

JT I'm here, 100% sober? No. Drunk, not even close.
I have taken wine away which is a curse for me and eventually tturns me into a monster. I intend to give up fully as I know where not being teetotal will eventually end up, I'm under no illusions there.
I've only had 1 drink for the last 2 days.
I've had some pretty heavy **** going on at home which has nothing to do with alcohol, that's a separate issue. I'm struggling to deal with life right now, thankfully I'm an essential worker and can leave the house for 40 hours a week..
I'm sure I can get through it minus the booze..
Old 04-11-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Red honey....so much love....I want to help. We all do.
I am so sorry that home has been so awful....really sorry.
Just love and support baby. xx s ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 05:04 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry home is trouble now, Red. Having a safe and peaceful home is so important. I'll be thinking of you and sending love and hugs. Please let us know how you're doing.
I had a mild craving this afternoon. But, then I realized it wasn't that I wanted to drink, I just wanted to change how I feel. I'm still not feeling well, achy and tired. I know it takes time. I'm trying to work on my health now, and I have faith that this period of feeling bad will pass.
I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

But, then I realized it wasn't that I wanted to drink, I just wanted to change how I feel.
This is the key to this thing darling.... s

But with tools, we know we can change the way we feel without drinking. Big time. And that is ultimately the answer. xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 05:13 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

So true. Thanks Venus. I realized today, that SR is my life preserver now. I'm so glad you're here!
Old 04-11-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I am so glad you are here too love. s ❤️