Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 8

Old 03-17-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2019 Part 8

Last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-7-a-20.html (Class of November 2019 Part 7)

D
Old 03-17-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 03-17-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello new thread!
Old 03-17-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello darling SBTS!!! Sorry to be quiet earlier....I got a bad cold and sore throat and perhaps a little worried.....all over being a drama queen now.

How goes the beach love? xx ❤️
Old 03-17-2020, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you’re not well Suze! I hope it’s just a cold and clears up quickly.

The beach is lovely. I spent some time this afternoon reading in one of the hammocks in this hut at the end of the dock. Then we went in the water. It’s warm, like bath water. About to go to dinner now.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oooh that looks divine SBTS ❤️❤️❤️
Old 03-18-2020, 03:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Looks divine, SBTS!
Old 03-18-2020, 03:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That looks heavenly SBTS.

I am on day 3 but yesterday was tough. I started getting brain zaps and they are still here. They're not a result of alcohol withdrawal but people get them either when they've taken too much MDMA (ecstacy) or have discontinued an SSRI medication - it's called seretonin syndrome where the brain tries to rebalance itself when seretonin is significantly depleted. The amount of MDMA I took was dangerous and way above the normal dose so this is the result. I think it does go away eventually but it may be some weeks which is horrible.

I woke up in the middle of the night screaming - really bad night terror. Just a very scary experience.

But I'm alive and am on the mend and for that I am very grateful indeed. I probably shouldn't be. Funny, I was doing so well too.

This lock down is a blessing in disguise for now. Although I'm sure that when I get my equilibrium back that I will not consider it a positive thing in any way. My Dad's 84 - I want to see him again very soon. Hoping that is allowed to happen - maybe not in a month but some time in the summer?

Sorry about your cold, Suze. Hope it isn't anything serious.

Cheers all.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Briansy. I hope you feel better soon - but keep that resolve for change...

D
Old 03-18-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes, it looks absolutely divine SBTS.

Hope you feel better every day dear Briansy. s

Old 03-18-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope the zaps go away quickly Briansy. Look after yourself and stay safe. I hope your Dad stays safe too and you get to see him again soon ❤️

I hope you’re feeling better soon Suze

Hi everyone else
Old 03-18-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm OK love. s
Just struggling with all of this like everyone else.

How is everything in Willow-land this morning.....we need kitten news.
And photos. He must be BIG now. xx ❤️
Old 03-18-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Briansy I really hope you feel better soon.

Yes Willow, kitten pics please!
Old 03-18-2020, 07:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I find that my dog is really an emotional help. Briansy, you can make it! We all have regrets that we have to face and deal with....with honesty.
I saw the new radiologist on Tues. and appparently my oncollogist is waiting for results from my biopsies to see if there are particular markers, so that he can do immunotherapy. If not, I will need to have brain radiation (6 tumors) and probably chemo. I am SO tired every day. Hubby has TOTALLY picked up the slack. I think that I have slept most of the day for the last few days. I see the oncologist tomorrow, so hopefully he will have a treatment plan. Hubby is getting frustrated since no treatment is happening (as am I). Meanwhile, I am terrified to leave the house because of this virus, so he has to run all the errands, shopping, etc. Of course he uses a mask and gloves whenever he goes out, so I feel relatively safe when he comes home. Boy, the timing of this virus sucks! I SOOOOO wanted to go to Europe before I die (a bucket list item) and now travel is impossible....thank goodness that I believe that "everything happens for a reason"...what the reason for this, I don't know. Hubby is convinced that this was an engineered virus....I'm beginning to believe him. No new cases in China today.....just food for thought....
Old 03-18-2020, 10:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ok, here he is ❤️❤️❤️

Old 03-18-2020, 10:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

He’s turned into a crazy hyperactive monkey ❤️
Old 03-19-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
I find that my dog is really an emotional help. Briansy, you can make it! We all have regrets that we have to face and deal with....with honesty.
I saw the new radiologist on Tues. and appparently my oncollogist is waiting for results from my biopsies to see if there are particular markers, so that he can do immunotherapy. If not, I will need to have brain radiation (6 tumors) and probably chemo. I am SO tired every day. Hubby has TOTALLY picked up the slack. I think that I have slept most of the day for the last few days. I see the oncologist tomorrow, so hopefully he will have a treatment plan. Hubby is getting frustrated since no treatment is happening (as am I). Meanwhile, I am terrified to leave the house because of this virus, so he has to run all the errands, shopping, etc. Of course he uses a mask and gloves whenever he goes out, so I feel relatively safe when he comes home. Boy, the timing of this virus sucks! I SOOOOO wanted to go to Europe before I die (a bucket list item) and now travel is impossible....thank goodness that I believe that "everything happens for a reason"...what the reason for this, I don't know. Hubby is convinced that this was an engineered virus....I'm beginning to believe him. No new cases in China today.....just food for thought....
Dang Trudging - to have all this on top of what you're going through - perspective! Great hubby is there to do the heavy lifting.

The brain zaps went at some point last night and I drifted off to sleep. I got about 5-6 hours but that was fine. I am feeling SO much better. Not in any way normal. But with a couple of decent eating days, exercise and sleep, I'll be fine. That was a really nasty scare. As you say, Dee, an opportunity to take stock and learn.

The waiting game continues on Covid!! It's gonna flare quick and get worse but the main thing is getting out of limbo and for businesses to start to function again. Not 100% but somewhat effectively. I have to think that happens a lot sooner than end of the year. But who knows I suppose? I'm hoping for a bounce back from September so we can work like crazy and salvage our year and don't go out of business.

Willow, your kitten looks amazing! Exactly what everyone needs in lock down!!!
Old 03-19-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Trudging I hope you still get to go to Europe
And hopefully they’ll work out what’s the best treatment for you soon. It must be an awful feeling just waiting in limbo. You’re doing so well, you really are an inspiration ❤️
Old 03-19-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Briansy I’m glad you got some proper sleep and are feeling better today
It’s good to have you here with us
Old 03-19-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Aww, I love him Willow ❤️ Here’s one of mine from the cat sitter:

Briansy I’m glad you are slowly on the mend.

TA, this virus chaos is so terribly timed for you. I hope it all shakes out sooner than later.

Suze how are you feeling?

Just woke up and ready for another day on the beach. It is strange being here — for sure better than being at home right now, but it’s hard for it to feel like a normal vacation. We are going to try to decide today whether to stay through next week. My feeling is we may as well since we are already here and it sure doesn’t look like we’ll be traveling anywhere else anytime soon.

More later, love to all.