Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 8

Old 03-19-2020, 06:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So many emotions.....gorgeous cats and TA's illness..... s

I agree with Willow, you are an inspiration dear Richelle and your husband is amazing. Please tell him we said that...if he knows about us....he really is a special man. s

Glad you are feeling better dear Briansy. s

I also think why not stay longer dear SBTS, plus being out of NY right now is a very good idea re being safe with the virus. s

I am trying to emotionally ignore the fact that I am sick, and I am not going to worry. But I am definitely getting worse rather than better. Just need to do lots of salt water gargles and use ibuprofen.

Honestly, I feel like a baby even mentioning it here.....I will be fine.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So- we had actually pretty much decided to stay here another week, and then within the space of like the last hour, we found out that 1) the State Dept. is telling US citizens abroad to either come home now or stay where they are, 2) Honduras is now letting no one in OR OUT and there are American and Canadian citizens stuck there trying to get home, and 3) airlines to Belize are rapidly shutting down (United, which we flew here, is cutting back service to one day a week; others are shutting down completely.) We feel like the situation is going downhill so fast and we have no idea what it’ll be like in another week. So, as much as we’re not looking forward to facing reality, we are coming home as scheduled. Saturday morning. At least we get to reunite with Ms. Peaches!
Old 03-19-2020, 12:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm glad.....I was really worried you wouldn't be able to come back if you waited. :hug s xx

(Despite what I said....I was trying to keep my feelings to myself). xx
Old 03-19-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What a beautiful cat SBTS ❤️
It sounds lovely where you are. Hopefully they have plenty of toilet paper, unlike most places! Oh I just realised there’s another page. I guess getting home is a good idea then, especially as you don’t know how long you’d have to stay if you didn’t go home x

We have a trip planned in 3 weeks to see family for Easter, but will have to postpone but the call centres are swamped so we can’t do anything about it until closer. Hopefully we can reschedule to later this year and not lose the money from flights as we won’t be able to afford them again. But that’s not important in the big scheme of things.

Suze you might need antibiotics if it’s strep? Can you get some from a doctor or pharmacy? I know times are crazy but there may be alternative ways to see a doctor or get treatment? ❤️

Stay safe and strong everyone ❤️
Old 03-19-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have antibiotics here.....two or three courses.
I listened to suki when she told us to stock up on meds.

I have something.....some kind of virus for sure.....but it is not dire. s xx

Sorry about the trip....hopefully postponed only. s xx
Old 03-19-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Suze.

sorry you have to come home SBTS but I think thats the right thing to do
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee and good morning. s xx ❤️
Old 03-19-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I’m glad you have antibiotics in case you need them Suze. Get better soon ❤️ Xx
Old 03-19-2020, 04:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

SBTS, yeah, better get home. No sense getting caught in some weird border shutdown.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone I was bummed but yes. I know it’s the right decision.

Suze I’m glad you have antibiotics!

Sorry about your trip, Willow. Yes, plenty of toilet paper here. We went into the village the first or second day we were here for supplies and it was almost weird to see toilet paper on the shelves like normal, lol.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I feel a little like the wreck of the hesperus, but I am not coughing. So that's good.

Love and good morning and afternoon and goodnight Dee and Willow. xx s

Hey Lixie honey.....how are you....I miss you.....I guess it is absolutely frightening there right now. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-20-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Suze, we doing fine. It's a surrealistic situation, that's for sure, but the problems we have here are mostly that people have lost their jobs, the economy is a disaster and prices have gone up and will continue to do so. People are struggling to home school their kids while they try to do their own work from home, and I'm betting we will see lots and lots of divorces when this settles. And people are bored. Very bored.

I must admit that I'm worried about the situation in the US. Hearing that people are hoarding is one thing, but when they start buying guns and ammo to protect themselves in case of burglary and riots, that's a whole other thing. This forum is supposed to be free of political discussions, so I won't mention the President. Suffice it to say, I'm worried. And a tiny bit scared.

Also, I'm sorry to report that I'm not focusing on my sobriety these days, but I won't talk too much of that in case some people are triggered by that. I hope everyone is doing OK, I'm thinking of you.

Hope you feel better soon, Suze.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Didn't think about there being divorces after this.....I guess I am hoping that this will bring people closer together....well, you know what I mean.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey guys, having a tough day here. The MDMA really put my body out of whack in a major way. I'm doing my best to get through so things balance out, I hope that tomorrow is the first day of real progress in terms of my mental and physical condition - today I had symptoms that could so easily have been the virus but were probably a completely haywire central control in my brain. Our business is screwed for the foreseeable future and we're more or less on lock down here in London. The good news is Leonie is talking to me and I am going to visit her and her dog Dave soon. This is a precious lifeline. I wish I had a cat right now!! It's a very worrying time and some of the decision making I am witnessing concerns me. Best to you all, especially those with underlying conditions.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You will feel better every day Briansy. s

So why not get a cat? If you will feel more settled and peaceful? xxx
Old 03-20-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Lixie

Yes get a cat Briansy. This was my sweet little man last night, snuggling into my shoulder ❤️

Old 03-20-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh.....again.....I am melting........................................... .................

That cat is divine. Sweetie Petey. ❤️
Old 03-20-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

He totally is the sweetest little kitty Suze ❤️❤️❤️
Old 03-20-2020, 08:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

We closed at noon and I went for a long bicycle ride. Mrs. Tiles bought a ton of food, I called her a hoar. . . . . der, and she got mad for some reason! But I'm glad she did because I had almost no food at my house.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Oh that's good tiles.

I need eggs....cannot get eggs. Hmm. No cue what I will eat. I am fairly limited in the US. Ah well, I shall get slim again so that's good.