Notices

Class of January 2020 PART 5

Old 03-05-2020, 01:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, db, for your detailed response. You've gotten me excited at the prospect of working the steps. I think that process would bode well with my introspective work.

And thank you to both you and Suze for the offer to help me along. I will be taking you up on it. I feel strongly that I should add working the steps to my recovery plan... I'm excited now, lol.

xx.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

And I am smiling for the first time today. xxxxx ❤️
Old 03-05-2020, 02:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Awwww.... yay!
Old 03-05-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ButterMarsh View Post
These people have always been there for me, through thick and thin, no questions asked. However, therein lies the problem. They watched me be a train wreck and didn't or couldn't do a thing. I don't blame them, don't get me wrong. It's just that the part they played in the old me's life, the fact that they were present for all that, makes me uncomfortable. It's so much a 'me' problem, I see that. I hope to figure it out with time.
I am blessed with friends who I think are like you are describing. Some drink, some do not, but they have been witness to my ins and outs for years, or even decades, and I have been witness to theirs. I hope there is no change except that I won't be drunk, and they wont be afraid to set a beer down close to me for fear of me drinking it.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Wife and kid got home a little while ago and she had picked up a large pack of loo paper to pacify me. I like saying loo paper now. She said the clorox wipes were gone at Sams.

Was talking to a customer who lives in Seattle today. They've had 10 cases and it sounds like hysteria may be beginning to set in there. He said his girl's school had a visiting class from Italy recently and all the kids are supposed to stay home for a few days to see if symptoms develop. He's going to be here for a meeting in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking maybe I would rather do it by email.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Cityboy, my husband is supposed to travel to FL the end of this month. His company is already talking about making it a video chat or rescheduling. If anyone under the age of 70, who’s in decent health gets it, they’ll most likely be fine. My worry is one of us will have it and unknowingly infect an elderly person with other health issues. I have 5 relatives over 70 who have diabetes, high BP, and one has a serious genetic lung disease. I worry about them being infected. This tp thing has me cracking up a little. We have a lot,of paperback books if it gets to that point. Big no on the corn cobs.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Stop.....I am hearing abrasive noises in my head. xx
Old 03-05-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyBelle7 View Post
Cityboy, my husband is supposed to travel to FL the end of this month. His company is already talking about making it a video chat or rescheduling. If anyone under the age of 70, who’s in decent health gets it, they’ll most likely be fine. My worry is one of us will have it and unknowingly infect an elderly person with other health issues. I have 5 relatives over 70 who have diabetes, high BP, and one has a serious genetic lung disease. I worry about them being infected. This tp thing has me cracking up a little. We have a lot,of paperback books if it gets to that point. Big no on the corn cobs.
Little chance he's going to be near me (Gainesville). Before I might have said the he could meet me at one of the sports pubs to try a couple of the local craft beers. Well I guess we could still meet somewhere and he could try them.

If anyone in my house became exposed to the virus there is no telling when I would be able to see Mom and Dad again.

Oh, and my wife informed me that when I pronounce it boo-dey, it makes me sound like I'm from Louisiana, which I'm fine with.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Cool pic of the day, inspired by jr's pics of banana plant and flower from a few days ago.

Nearly all channel markers have those osprey nests on them in many areas. Often you can see the chicks at various stages of growth. When ever a bad storm comes through it blows them all away and they have to start over. Cost of doing business as an osprey I suppose.

Old 03-05-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Awwww.... I LOVE that pic, Cityboy!! Did I ever tell y’all that I’m a raptor handler? I haven’t been doing it because of my broken foot, but I get to hold hawks, falcons, owls & eagles. Oh, and a really mean turkey vulture. Raptors hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you for sharing that pic!
Old 03-05-2020, 03:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

My life is completely different to what is was as a drinker - and thats exactly what I was scared of as a drinker - losing what I had and not finding something better.

I can honestly say my life has never been better, I have never been better and I have a sense of joy and hope I lost for many years.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:20 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyBelle7 View Post
Awwww.... I LOVE that pic, Cityboy!! Did I ever tell y’all that I’m a raptor handler? I haven’t been doing it because of my broken foot, but I get to hold hawks, falcons, owls & eagles. Oh, and a really mean turkey vulture. Raptors hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you for sharing that pic!
That sounds really cool!! I'm guessing you have special gloves with long sleeves to protect from the talons?

We have a lot of barred owls and there has been one in the oak trees near my office window that I can hear doing the "who cooks for you" call. He was doing it non-stop the other day when I was doing office work.

The kestrels are here now and they are sitting on the power lines everywhere. My wife likes those. Everyone likes the swallowtail kites.

There is a hawk that is always scoping our yard out for I guess mice and lizards or whatever. Like having a cat around. I think it's either a cooper or a redshoulder.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello Class!
Missed a bunch today I see. Hope I don't forget anyone.
venus 1 closet is done. Turned out nice for what it is. Small
dlb I know what you mean. Feeling like a fish out of water. 😁 It Is starting to feel normal though.
cynix stay close. Glad youre sticking around!👍
daisy! Raptor handler! Thats badass. All I got to say about that
Hello willow!
glad to see you lixie!
city ospreys migrate here every year. They are an early sign of spring.
wolfie there are things I've found that people use to get sober that help in everday life. I know people that don't drink that could benefit from the 12 steps of AA.
butters whatever you can add to your arsenal is a good thing

Went on a kayak fishing trip today. Fought the wind again but found a few nice fish. Wish I could post pics from my phone.
Got another canvas job and quoting 2 more Saturday.
Hopefully make some gas money for the boat. My neck is stiff from all that paddling.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:53 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I can honestly say my life has never been better, I have never been better and I have a sense of joy and hope I lost for many years.
I love this!

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
That sounds really cool!! I'm guessing you have special gloves with long sleeves to protect from the talons?

We have a lot of barred owls and there has been one in the oak trees near my office window that I can hear doing the "who cooks for you" call. He was doing it non-stop the other day when I was doing office work.

The kestrels are here now and they are sitting on the power lines everywhere. My wife likes those. Everyone likes the swallowtail kites.

There is a hawk that is always scoping our yard out for I guess mice and lizards or whatever. Like having a cat around. I think it's either a cooper or a redshoulder.
So cool! Yes, I have a glove that goes to my elbow for all birds except the eagles and vulture. The eagle glove goes up almost to my shoulder. I had a large female bald eagle step wide when I was getting her out of her traveling crate one day, and she got me pretty good. That’s when I went to a longer glove. I’ve been hearing the kestrels out here too. They’re small, but fierce!

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Went on a kayak fishing trip today. Fought the wind again but found a few nice fish. Wish I could post pics from my phone.
Got another canvas job and quoting 2 more Saturday.
Hopefully make some gas money for the boat. My neck is stiff from all that paddling.
Sounds like a fun, but exhausting day! I hope the next 2 days go well for you. Maybe you can get some rest on Sunday.

I just got back from my painting class. Tonight solidified that I’m really glad I don’t drink anymore.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, I hope I don’t need a bidet or corn cobs!

Thanks Wolfie. I have to really watch out for HALTS. It has a huge impact on the AV’s strength!

Buttermarsh I really relate to what you said about relationships changing as we proceed on our own journey of self discovery... I am seriously questioning some relationships in my life, and whether perhaps some may have run their course, but that in itself is a painful thing to contemplate.

And yep I’m an introvert too. Would prefer never to have to leave the house and never have to deal with people at all! I like “me” time at home, reading and doing my own thing.

Great pic Cityboy

Suze I hope Nick’s feeling better

Dee I’m constantly inspired by your posts!

End of day 5 and going into the weekend sober and positive that it will remain that way
Old 03-06-2020, 02:12 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi all

Much like Willow, I plan on going into the weekend sober and positive. It was a good week, as far as focus. Lot's to build and reflect on.

Cynix, I also sometimes reflect on those who didn't or couldn't turn back from an unhappy life of getting wasted non stop.

On my drive to work, I pass a lot of homeless folk, drug addicts or people with mental issues that have been missed by a broken healthcare system. I have so much empathy and see myself as not too far from them. I probably made one or two better decisions, had less trauma or maybe just had better luck.
I think becoming sober for people like that, or lost people in your past, as well as becoming sober for you, is a really great thing. Whatever motivates us.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Friday classmates

dlb
Old 03-06-2020, 03:47 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, classmates.

Friday morn and I'm
Off to the races in my traces,
Doggedly once more.

Doggedly once more
jr straps on his harness --
the suit-and-tie drag.

The suit and tie drag
me to the spotlight again
till the week winds down.

Till the week winds down
and the weekend brings surcease,
we work, we breathe, still.

We work, we breathe. Still,
as we wander, we wonder,
Where are we going?
Old 03-06-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Where are we going?
Aboard the SobeRland train,
we are on our way.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Not too much to say just yet early this morning as the caffeine slowly kicks in. Just that today is Day 60. I couldn't have done it without you all.

ps...I think badass sums it up for me as well Daisy. Please send some of the those raptors my way. I had an "outbreak" of voles in the backyard as winter was setting in and am not sure whether I got them or not. Plenty of hawks, barred owls and the occasional eagle here. My best bet is to coax a few Sandhills cranes into the yard. They would eat em like popcorn. We have a small population that hangs around in Michigan year round.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days dear MrWolfie!! s xx

And yes dlb....I feel the same way.....there but for the grace of God go I.