Notices

Class of January 2020 PART 5

Old 04-01-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Congrats to everyone with milestones. 90 days is awesome and I'm so proud of you all. Mr. W, you're hot on their heels...

Thanks, scotty, for that uplifting post.

Good to see you, abraxas, and to know that you're hanging in there.

Thanks, Suze, for that reminder about how dire it would be to go back to drinking. I'm truly lucky that I've not been having cravings, lately. The AV has been quiet. Even the discomfort I used to feel when I'd see alcohol (my husband drinks) has subsided... That's good.

jr, did you have to mention the food!!???? Oh no! Now my tummy is rumbling, lol. I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Cityboy, you're right, home is best.

Lixie, it was nice reading your update.

dlb and Mr. W, I think I'll join you in dedicating April to working (further) on myself.

I'm making great strides daily in my growth and recovery. In fact, I spent most of the day reflecting on my growth and recognising areas that still need work. For example, I've eliminated most of the negative self talk I used to engage in previously. I have also learned to catch myself and redirect my thoughts successfully when I don't like what I'm thinking of.

One thing I realised today that I still cannot do is see the good in myself. I can easily state things that I've done/I'm doing wrong but i can't (or don't allow myself to) see the good stuff. Maybe it's a self confidence thing, which I'm currently working on, or it could be difficulty in forgiving myself for my wrongs....? Anyway, I'll figure it out. April is a good month to tackle this and a few other issues.

Other than that, I am well. I'm so grateful to have this safe place to come to everyday.

Hugs, everyone.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Do you think maybe it's both love?

I know that my self-esteem plummeted due to all I did to myself in my drinking.
And I know that it took me quite a while to forgive myself.

I kept feeling unworthy. And Dee fixed me. He explained to me that we are all worthy. And honestly, I can't do justice in paraphrasing or even remembering his words properly....maybe he will say it again for us.

I do know that he said the feeling of self-worth would return with every day sober, every day honouring ourselves.

And I know that I was told over and over that people here would love me until I could love myself again. And that happened.

And my personal remedy for that is to do loving things for yourself, as if you were your own best friend. It feels good. You feel loved. And then.....guess what? You start to love yourself again. s xx ❤️
Old 04-01-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...020-part6.html (Class of January 2020 PART6)
D