Notices

Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 03-09-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Continues from here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-three-21.html (Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part Three)

D
Old 03-10-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks again Dee

Hi Mike,
I'm sorry you are feeling nervous about the Coronivirus- I know you are not alone in this. At work, we sold out of hand sanitizer last week and are unable to get any in. People are going nuts over immune products, which isn't a bad idea.

If you focused on boosting your immune system, would that help you feel better? The most popular items selling now are Vitamins C & D, Elderberry syrup & Colloidal Silver. I have been taking all of those since winter started plus some mushrooms (Reishi) and feel pretty good about it.

Like Dee said, if you are healthy, the virus shouldn't present an issue.

I am back in a state of confusion about my divorce. For almost 9 years, all I wanted was a happy home, a loving husband who I could trust. He broke my trust when he was an active alcoholic, and I am realizing now that I never forgave him. That anger and resentment built up and here we are. I have no romantic feelings for him, no desire to touch him or hug him. We were fighting several times a week and couldn't be around each other for so long. He would ignore me for days on end. So I fought with the decision to leave him for a very long time. I didn't want my kids to grow up in that type of environment where we were fighting all the time. It took me so much strength to take the steps to say it's over. He was angry, he ignored me and fought with me and accused me of doing things I didn't do.

And now? He's a totally different person. In the last week, he is calm and laid back and helpful. He is better with the kids and isn't ignoring me. He actually acknowledges me when I get home which I have been asking him to do for months now. In my heart and body I moved on and now he is changing.
It's a total mind game, if you know what I mean. I told so many people, made plans, talked to 4 lawyers. And now he's a nice guy all of a sudden. It's so confusing and wrong. It has me questioning my own sanity.

I feel heartbroken, but in a totally new way.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It must be disconcerting to have your husband change like that SFL, but my dad went like that when my mum left for a while.

He's still like that 40 years later, lol so I guess some people can change.

Do you think it's genuine in your case?

D
Old 03-11-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks dee.
Hang in there SNF. AS They say, This to shall pass.. Lots of love and prayers sent you way. For me when I pray I try not ask for this or that, I ask for his will be done.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning, How the world has changed since I checked in last month. We’re doing ok, I’m very grateful, my wife and I still have a job, nobody in my immediate family has the virus and I’m sober today. Ya’ll stay safe.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here we May 6th 2020, yesterday was three years . People asked how I did it, I say I didn’t do it on my own. Thank you for helping me reach this milestone
Mike
Old 05-06-2020, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats rainman