Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 7

Old 02-24-2020, 08:13 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Oh trudging.....so much love for you and your husband. s
Old 02-24-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I really appreciate it Venus. You are always there with an encouraging word.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I feel a bit inept to be honest. s
And I think you are wonderfully strong and brave and as was said already today, just so glad you are talking to us about this stuff. s

Thinking about your dog ~ I had a cat (Venus) who was very badly abused as a kitten and although loved me to pieces, she would have seriously injured another kitten or puppy. She was insanely jealous.

I was trying to think of something special you could do for your husband today that might be nice for you as well.....but it's Monday and I guess lots of restaurants are closed (or is that just in Aus?). I was thinking along the lines of takeout from a fabulous restaurant, with candles and pretty things. Maybe? xxx
Old 02-24-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful, Venus.....with the biopsy tomorrow, I don't think that either one of us are up to it though. BUT....it IS housekeeper day...YAY! Hubby is VERY concerned about our trust. He is a "working man" so he doesn't really get the "lingo". In addition to having my doctorate degree from UCLA, I went to law school for a few years, so it is not so intimidatinnnng to me. I will help him to understand it today, I hope. Thanks, as always, for your support!
Old 02-24-2020, 09:26 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

OMG Willow!!!! Heaven lost an angel!!!!!!! Soooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2020, 09:29 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Trudging, let us know what the psychic says on Friday. I've always wanted to try going to one. I used to love the Madame Cleo ads on tv. Now they have something called California Psychics.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I will, Tiles....I used to have a Great one, who was ALWAYS right on. I have tried a couple of them (since she moved away) and they were just BS. I have met this one, believe it or not through a Groupon, but she seemed "right on", as well. I will keep you posted!
Old 02-24-2020, 10:34 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Sending love to you and your husband Trudging... I truly can't imagine how hard this is for you both.

I'm back in the office after the funeral. Stressing about work and got into a bit of a tiff with my intern who texted me on the way to the service about something that really could've waited... she needs to learn boundaries. (Yes, this is the same one that asked me if it's "by choice" that I don't drink.) I'm about to take a lunch break, then sit and make a plan for the rest of the week. it always helps me to have a plan. Even if it seems like I'm super behind and there are way too many things to do, at least I can sit and make a realistic schedule and prioritize what's most important. I really try to remind myself that work/life is NEVER too busy to at least do that.

I hope you guys don't get too bored/annoyed by the play by play of my life at times but it really does help me to check in here often, it keeps things in perspective and keeps me accountable. Hope you guys are having a good day.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:41 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I love your play by plays. And I am a planner too. I find that an organised head makes everything doable.

And yes, your intern possibly needs to be a bit more mature at work.

And you know, there is saying around successful and happy people always having a full in box. Not sure exactly how it goes but I really like the sentiment.

Where is that Briansy today? s
Old 02-24-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

SBTS's intern is about to become an extern!
Old 02-24-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Trudging, I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through now. I imagine that your hubby must be devastated. Even He-men have feelings, you know.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I'm here, Suze, thanks for asking, enjoying the good vibes on the thread! Just walked home from work. 9 miles or 17,000 steps!
Old 02-24-2020, 01:40 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

continued thoughts and prayers for tomorrow Trudging

D
Old 02-24-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Trudging. I’m so glad you have such love and support with your husband by your side ❤️ I can’t wait to hear what the psychic says too

SBTS I think your intern needs to broaden her perspective and not be so self absorbed. It’s good that you could go to the service and support your coworker.

Briansy it sounds like Leonie and Dave are great friends to have. I hope Dave is ok, maybe he just had a bellyache?

Tiles our new kitty really is a little Angel, although he is absolutely full of mischief!

Suze our last cat, as loveable as he was, was not good with other cats either, he was big and strong and a bully. Hated other cats. But adored people!
SBTS I know what you mean about some dogs, some are definitely best on their own, especially if they like to treat other animals like chew toys.

Today is not as busy work-wise, and I actually got a decent sleep last night, so I’m feeling less stressed and overwhelmed, phew. Last week was awful, but I’m putting it behind me and moving forward. Like Dee’s great quote about killing the past and coming back to life. Thanks Dee
Old 02-24-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
SBTS's intern is about to become an extern!
Old 02-24-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Briansy, 17K steps? I am impressed, that's quite a walk!!

Willow I'm so glad you are feeling better this week. I'm sure it helps to have a mischievous kitten around, they are hilarious.

Trudging, best of luck for tomorrow. Sending all the good thoughts.

Just got home from work. I feel behind and a bit guilty about not accomplishing more today, but I know that I am probably being unfair to myself, since I didn't even get to the office from the funeral until noon. I really need to do my best to just relax tonight and not beat myself up mentally about the fact that it wasn't a more productive day. I did make a detailed plan for the rest of the week, and will go in early tomorrow to start on it. And I think it's important to continue to keep my commitment to myself not to work evenings or weekends. Tonight, TV and food, definitely with the cat, possibly with the bf.

Back later ❤️
Old 02-24-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

SBTS honey ~ I want to suggest something, if I may. Because I (all of us) think you are wonderful. I could list so many things that you achieve every day.....and that is what I do.....at the end of the day (or around now, actually) I mentally list 5 reasons I am proud of myself today.....so no matter how much I DIDN'T get done, I can feel good about myself rather than fretting.

Hello everyone....I love this thread. s ❤️❤️
Old 02-24-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Thanks, Suze. I love that idea. We are all so fortunate to have you around, someday I'll learn to be that compassionate voice in my own head but until then, thank goodness that you hang out here. ❤️
Old 02-24-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Off to have my me-time for a min before Nick gets home and do what I just said.... ❤️❤️❤️

And thank you xxx
Old 02-24-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Thanks all! You guys hang in there!