Notices

Class of January 2020 PART 3

Old 01-31-2020, 09:10 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyBelle7 View Post
Here and checking in. Bad night last night. Therapist wants our daughter to get inpatient treatment. LONG night. Getting tests run today, 2nd opinion from another therapist, pulling her out of active classes (weights and dance) at school, possibly moving to online school.,.. just a nightmare. I may not check in or be back until we get this ironed out. Wanted wine SO badly last night, but did not. Will be back as I have time.
Hello DaisyBelle7.

Yes, sometimes the only way around is through, and it looks like you and your daughter and family are taking the steps to figure out what will be the optimal way to get through this particularly murky stretch along your path. If I recall correctly, you said that your daughter came to you and self-disclosed about her eating issues, which is no small blessing. It's not a medium-sized blessing. It is a ginormous testament to her trust in you, DB7.

As you may have heard, SR is open 24/7/365, so any time you find yourself with a moment to check in, even in the midst of this ongoing, no doubt sometimes chaotic, situation, please remember we'd love to hear from you, with an update, a lament, a celebratory moment, (a book review?), or whatever you may wish to send our way.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:43 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Daisybelle,
sorry to hear your troubles. I hope it works out for your daughter.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hope things progress favorably with your daughter daisyb7. I can only imagine the anxiety you must be feeling.

Last night of this job out of town. Went to the local AA meeting last two nights which was cool. Friday, last night of job, normal riggers of work, no one would know, have been thinking about it all day and I'm here to tell you that I could lay waist to a case of beer tonight. Just not going to do it. Too much invested. Not going to throw away the last three weeks and my best chance of being rid of that crap. Maybe I'll go back to the AA meeting again or just read my book. Could get an 8 piece spicy at popeyes and take it out that way.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

(((Daisybelle7))) sending huge hugs and prayers for your and your daughter. Well done on not drinking under such stressful circumstances ❤️

I had an awful night, hardly any sleep, just snatches here and there with lots of waking up and lots of catastrophising in my dreams! Or should I say nightmares, everything was going wrong. In my dream I was running way late for my Mum’s second funeral (WT?) and I had forgotten really important stuff I was bringing (including Mum’s ashes!) and I was in my dodgy old broken down car stuck on the motorway in the rain, and I couldn’t work my phone to call the funeral parlour people to tell them I’d stuffed up, and I knew everyone was waiting for the service to start, it was bucketing down rain, all my gear was wet because the car roof was leaking and my sister was running down the road trying to find me and she was really sick and it just went and on. Ugggh. I just woke up feeling absolutely dreadful, I’m sore all over, headachey and full of anxiety. Ohhh I think I need to see a doctor or a therapist or someone. I’m absolutely exhausted and it’s not yet 7am.

But I’m here, and I’m not drinking, and it’s the start of February today, so that’s got to be a good thing
Old 01-31-2020, 12:45 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Cityboy hang in there, drinking isn’t worth it. You’re doing amazingly well in a tough situation. I used to travel for work and it was a big danger zone for me. But think of the consequences, the hangover, and the vicious cycle of drinking. It sucks us down into it’s alcoholic quagmire and doesn’t want to let us go, the relentless beast. We can beat it, the awful AV is not who we really are. Smack it on it’s butt.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hello January classmates.

Congratulations to all of you for choosing to make your days alcohol free, they are really adding up.

End of month, I have 4 weeks, (28 days) and feeling good with myself. I see alcohol for what it is; a poison to my body that doesn't belong in me. I am/have changed the way I think about booze. I don't see it as enjoyable, I see it as "irritating" just as I see toxic people that I am removing from my life. I don't engage, I'll nod my head that your there, but I don't listen to your crying, drama or BS.

There is no reason to hurt myself or to let someone else hurt me. I have a choice and I like being stronger now. Clear head is so much better than a distorted thinking head of booze. Clean body is calmer and healthier than a sweaty, smelly, giving up and dying body.

See you in the Daily Support forum after Dee moves us
Old 01-31-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Cityboy, you can never ever ever ever never go wrong with a Popeyes 8 piece spicy! Get some of them onion rings and your gold.
Oh and dont drink alcohol

Willow, our brains are mysterious machines. Where does this sht come from? I too have some outrageous dreams sometimes and wake up like wth?
Hope you get some undisturbed rest soon.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:55 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi Time, well done on 4 weeks!

Fish I agree, our brains surely are mysterious creatures.
I’m feeling a bit less anxious and my head is a bit clearer now that I’ve woken up properly and had a coffee.

I’m off for a walk on the beach, I’m sure that will help clear the remaining dark fog and cobwebs out of my head
Old 01-31-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

👍👍

Congrats on 4 weeks time!
Old 01-31-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

WOO HOO dear time2.....so happy for you love. s xx ❤️

And Willow
I have dreams like that sometimes. So distressing. But it's all OK.....really it is. s
Old 01-31-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze ❤️❤️❤️
I’ll be ok, I just woke up really upset and distressed. I’m a bit better now. I think I’ll go and visit my sister today, she’s always a comfort to me, she gets how hard things are some days with Mum and Dad because she’s in the exact same boat ❤️ My partner tries to be a comfort, and he is, but he doesn’t really quite get my sorrow in the same way ❤️ But anyway, I’m going to snap myself out of this slump because I really don’t want to be in it
Old 01-31-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

And you know I get it honey....it still feels so weird to me to be this age and have lost my parents and auntie. Still feel like an orphan, even though we are not kids.
I am grateful you understand me....and so glad we can share our feelings over all of this. s ❤️
Old 01-31-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Yes and I know you get it too Suze ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Big hugs to you xxx
Old 01-31-2020, 04:00 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by sobermafia View Post
Will this thread still keep going in February? Or do I have to find a new thread? I have sort of stuck with this thread and am partial to the people here
This thread keeps going just in a different place.

I'm opening the new monthly thread now - I'll move you guys in a bit.

D
Old 01-31-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your graduation guys !!!

Old 01-31-2020, 05:22 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
But I’m here, and I’m not drinking, and it’s the start of February today, so that’s got to be a good thing
I don't know about anyone else but I am really glad that 'dry January' is over. I feel that as I enter February not drinking is truly my choice. I gritted my teeth through January, often wondering if I was going to drink again as soon as the month was over and didn't share some of the wonderful enthusiasm I have seen here. But I immediately feel easier now we have rolled over into the new month.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:49 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations on your graduation guys !!!

Actually I have 3 hours and 10 minutes to go.

But I can predict the future. I will be sober when Feb. 1 gets here.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:02 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
I feel that as I enter February not drinking is truly my choice.
Cool!
Old 01-31-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hope your sleep and dream cycle straightens back out willow. I was having wacky dreams during week two, some of which incorporated something like dreaming that I was looking around in an ice chest for a beer. Since week two my sleeping has been good and now I actually feel almost like going to work in the morning again.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I obviously did not lay waste to a case of beer, or a popeyes 8 piece, although I did get a spicy mcchicken on the road. Decided to just drive the two hours home instead of staying at hotel. Just have to drive the two hours back in the morning to finish job. There is a lot of strength in being able to blab about it here instead of doing it, drinking the case of beer that is. Maybe get some spicy popeyes tomorrow.