Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 64

Old 01-31-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hello all, just checkin in.
Good to see everyone hanging in there even though some are going through some tough times.

Happy Friday!
Old 01-31-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Hello all, just checkin in.
Good to see everyone hanging in there even though some are going through some tough times.

Happy Friday!
Happy Friday Fish!
It’s Saturday morning here lol, 9.15am
Old 01-31-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Happy Friday Fish!
It’s Saturday morning here lol, 9.15am
Happy Saturday to all you people from the future!
Old 01-31-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 02-01-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Not quite that far into the future Dee!!

Hey FK hows things with you?

Willow we try to play golf or go hiking every Saturday, it's lovely being out in the fresh air and getting some exercise.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm good. I just don't know what day it is lol
Old 02-01-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

good morning
good day to spend outside
it'll be sloppy
but what boots were made for
keeping up on nutrition and cleanliness
one of these days I'll clean up my mind
Old 02-01-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thank for your very nice enquiries about my health, Dee and fellow Unders. I'm nearly better I think. I thought I was getting bronchitis which I got for the first time ever last year on 29th January. When I developed a sore throat around the same time this year I felt really panicked because it was such a long and unpleasant illness. But I think it's just a more run of the mill bug that is now on its way out, which is a relief.

It's been a slightly strange month because one of my brothers died. It was not a surprise and it was for health reasons that were entirely life-style related, by which I mean his very heavy drinking and smoking. He made it past 70 which was arguably a good run, all aspects of his life style considered. I was not going to mention this since it would not be true to say we were at all close over the last 30 years or so and indeed I'd hardly seen him during that time but the passing of a sibling was obviously very significant. I felt for his daughter and son and grandchildren, all of whom we met at the funeral. The better news is that I am now in touch with another brother whom I also hadn't seen for a very long time and that feels good. He has managed over the last year to stop smoking and to cut down on drinking so the prognosis is better there. All a legacy of how we were all brought up of course but that is now in the past where I'm determined it will stay!

Wisc - good day to spend outside here too. For once no rain and although cold we have a nice bit of sun today in London,

Good to be checking in with you all. Commiserations to those who might be finding it a bit tough.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:59 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Rose family relationships can be complicated, and even though you and your brother were estranged for the last 30 odd years, you would still grieve the child you grew up with who shared the same experiences. I'm glad you have reconnected with your other brother.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:38 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Up very early but doing fine.
Washed 2 bunches of red and green grapes. Dry them. Put some in the freezer. A real treat...become sweeter and better then some candy.
Properly processing the loss of my friend. No alcohol or other stuff. It is hard at my age to make a new friend and then they die.
Never trusted people all that much to keep them as lifelong friends....or make friends...incoming depression and paranoia along with alcoholism and addictions sealed the matter. I even abandoned my children. Life became all or nothing.
So today, I'm working on it. I am open to having new friends, not a female relationship, but my maleness seems "on the rise." lol That's also a problem mixing friends, alcohol, drugs, and sex. Yike Pandora.
So I went from grapes to that....good reason I wrote if I was to journal it needs to be goal orientated and focused. The last journaling became wandering and morbid.

Good day to be alive....yay warm temps to be 45F/7.2C.
Super Bowl Sober Sunday for American pro football fans...really become worldwide seeing how many foreign correspondents are in Miami.

Enough rambling but always recovering
Old 02-02-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good early morning to you, Wiscsober, and to all the Unders.

I haven't posted here in a bit. To be honest, I have a hard time keeping up with more than 2 threads My original March 2016 class is my rock and I like the Sober Bus - it's a fun place.

Still, I've been having to work a little harder these past few days. Nothing crazy, but a little stronger AV and some creeping general, unspecified anxiety. I've been trying a variety of things to keep on track, and they've been working just fine. I think I'll be okay, but I'm spending a little more time here on SR and this is certainly a great place to hang out.

I've re-started my journaling efforts and ramped up a couple of my other go to activities (podcasts, gym, outdoor time).

Really, just spending more time here on SR is helpful. So many people going through similar things - many much worse situations than mine. Gratitude comes to mind as well.

Anyway, enough rambling - but I always wanted to know what the world will be like in 2525 - love that song
Old 02-02-2020, 11:26 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

So I went early to watch the pros play golf here - last day of the tournament. Hopped in my car to head back - turned on the radio - Zager & Evans "2525" was the first song on!! How does that happen??
Old 02-02-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 02-03-2020, 12:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey MITA really good you noticed the early warnings and took action to protect yourself.

Wisc, I think we all understand some of your feelings of loss and grief, especially if making friends is not an easy prospect. I too, struggle in that regard. I find it difficult to remain connected to anyone. I make friends easily, but I can just as easy let go. I don't make the necessary effort to meet up and enjoy other people's company and spend far too much time isolating and alone. If I ever felt lonely I would probably make more effort, but I read voraciously and those characters become my friends. I need to consider looking for voluntary work, as I need something to give me a purpose, a way of meeting people regularly, and getting me out of the house!
Old 02-03-2020, 04:08 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hope all is well undies

Phil says early spring here so, yayyyy

Enjoy your sober, hangover free Monday
Old 02-03-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Clear mind and clear eyed
Enjoyed the game sober
Liking where I'm at.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Hey MITA really good you noticed the early warnings and took action to protect yourself.

Wisc, I think we all understand some of your feelings of loss and grief, especially if making friends is not an easy prospect. I too, struggle in that regard. I find it difficult to remain connected to anyone. I make friends easily, but I can just as easy let go. I don't make the necessary effort to meet up and enjoy other people's company and spend far too much time isolating and alone. If I ever felt lonely I would probably make more effort, but I read voraciously and those characters become my friends. I need to consider looking for voluntary work, as I need something to give me a purpose, a way of meeting people regularly, and getting me out of the house!
Hey Toots. Thanks for the support. My last relapse was very bad. I don’t want that again.

Toots and Wiscsober. Yes to all that other stuff. It’s much harder to build and maintain a new social network as we get older. It takes effort, and it involves the vagaries of interpersonal relationships. I’m feeling you both.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks MITA, I know I isolate far to readily!
Old 02-04-2020, 03:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey MITA

Thanks toots you've been spot on with your insights.

Yes I isolated a lot....big changes are the isolation and paranoia from actively using/drinking/withdrawals.

Now what is healthy living alone healthily, being alone, are boundaries.

I'm realizing just how sick I was.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

MITA I relate to struggling to keep up with multiple threads, but also recognising the need for continued vigilance. I had over a year of sobriety and found less and less time for SR. As I drifted away from SR my resolve to stay sober lessened. I recognised it but didn’t do anything about it. I let it happen. And then I drank. Now I’m back posting in about 5 threads, and it takes up a lot of time. But I recognise that I need to remain more vigilant this time against the insidious nature of the beast, so I’m trying to dedicate an hour a day to read and post on SR. I don’t have any other recovery plan or support, so I figured that for me, that hour is a precious tool for me to maintain sobriety.

At this point it’s still early days again, but my resolve feels stronger this time. I’m aware that as time goes on though, I need to be careful not to become complacent like last time.

One day at a time works for me and I’m on day 36 this time around.