Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 64

Old 04-06-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Karen than you for your honesty and your trust. You did not let us down, you had a slip. You will stand taller and stronger. These times of uncertainty are causing anxiety in a lot of folk so you are not alone in that. What I feel you need to do is figure exactly what you can do next time to prevent the thought from becoming the action. We are all behind you sweetheart, and you are far from alone in sliding off the narrow path of sobriety. please be comforted to know though, that as you grow in sobriety, that path becomes wide and more comfortable, with fewer potholes. Don't be too hard on yourself, look forward not back, and use what you have learned during your sober times to strengthen your resolve.
We are here for you.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

(((Karen))) Nice job coming right back! Stay close.....maybe join a couple more threads for extra support?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:00 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, you wonderful people. That helps more than I can say.
My work called, I have been given 12 weeks off under the Family Medical Leave Act. I don't think I get paid, but I will have my job back on July 6th.
My kids live with me and pay rent, and I have a little savings, so I will be fine on that front.
I just can't express how desperately I needed this. I am grateful to God and to SR and to my employer.
I've joined an online meeting group but haven't been able to make it work. They sent me a link to a youtube video that shows how step by step.
I am sick and tired but have a nice bit of hope shining up from inside.
Thanks again all of you.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I'm sad to say I drank again. I just don't know what else to say, other than this is day one and I will not drink today. I also asked my job for a furlough. I don't know if I will get it, but regardless that means I am not going back to work until it's safe. That will take a lot of the stress away, and hopefully give me a better chance.
Thanks to all those who have been so helpful. Sorry to let you all down.
You didn't let me down....that's not a part of recovery. We recover for ourselves and in doing so help others, plus it's productive with your family and friends.

Got to watch that relapse thinking before the drink. Have a plan. Support to turn to. People here will still be here for you.

Drinking and using can no longer be an option. That's up to you. Noone, except you can take that away. The scary part is once we do use Day 1's aren't easy to come by.

Many of my Day 1's were just resting up to drink again.

It is sad and stressful, but you got to see what it's like to enjoy life sober. You very well know that you deserve to recover.

Chin up. The best is yet to come....Gregory

p.s. just before reading your words I posted on another thread that I've been having difficulty too.

another edit I wrote earlier on this thread I wasn't having difficulties....short memory this old fart has. How about Don't Drink...go to meetings...help another alky
Old 04-06-2020, 11:45 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
not even a remote desire to drink or use....nor gambling or spending,

thanks fishkiller stargazer
life goes from moment to moment sometimes
Old 04-06-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Karen you haven’t let any of us down. We’ve all been there and understand
Well done on coming right back. I’m glad you have a few months off work, that is a big relief, and gives you time to rest, reset, and work on your own self and recovery
Old 04-06-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're right back Karen

D
Old 04-07-2020, 12:44 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Well done on riding the wave Wisc, a day hard won is a good day.

Karen, stick close sweetie, as Wisc says, AV shrieks loudest after a slip.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:59 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Just stumbled upon a video of Shannon talking about his alcoholism.....started a thread in the News & Pop Culture forum if anyone is interested
Old 04-07-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hang in there everyone. We still do the FGC. My county and neighboring county registered their first covid deaths. Our election is still on but I won't be voting. Handling all of this sober.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Thanks so much to all of you. I feel like this time off I've been given is a gift, and it would be a tragedy to waste it. When I'm working so much of my energy every day goes into work, like most of us I'm sure. Today, it will all be about recovery. Anything else will just be fitted in around efforts to get straight back on this horse and learn to ride it. Please stay safe and healthy everyone.
Take it from me, a drink is the last thing you want. It does not help, it makes the anxiety and fear so much worse.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Super Pink Moon tonight! Here's the info for a Global Meditation on Youtube happening this evening:

Old 04-08-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

I wish I had joined the meditation, but I was asleep. I did the one on the 4th but sad to say I wasn't sober.
Today is day two. I woke up really early. I feel better already. I'm going to work on my recovery plan.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hey sober nothing to be ashamed of and you didn't let anyone down, we have all slipped.
Glad you jumped right back at it. Shows strength!
Old 04-09-2020, 12:52 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Good thing to do Karen, priority is to put something in place for next time you feel tempted. We can get you there sweetie, it we can only help when you let us know you need it.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Felt down for the last two days, depressed, problem breathing, glucose levels....feel much better today....good to see everyone.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-65-a.html (One Year and Under Club Part 65)