Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 64

Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome Be, the more the merrier!

Karen, I hope you enjoyed spending some time with your son on his birthday. Celebrations are certainly different these days! My great niece had a 'virtual' 4th birthday party, and had a wonderful time!
You're right that drinking won't help the current situation, but it's understandable that anxiety and or frustration about it all can lead to drinking thoughts. For so long, alcohol has been our 'go to' guy!

Glad you got outside for some fresh air Wisc.

FK I am soooooo jealous! My golf is a sport we could easily do without contacting others, but it's not allowed. I'm glad for your mental wellbeing that you are still able to fish. Who knows maybe you can trade some of your catch for toilet roll!
Old 04-02-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Hi everyone

Ok if I join? I'm in the March group but what with being sober and C19 I'm just trying to immerse myself in sobriety and with sober people as much as I can.

yay good to see you Be123
Post often and read a lot.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:09 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

The warmer the better....believe it or not we've had major snowstorms after this date. But, the daffodils are sprouting, the seagulls being their raucous selves. Worms after it rains. People are able to boat now. The drawbridges don't open till Memorial Day weekend, but fishermen can still get under the bridges. Of all things, and at times it has turned tragic, is drunken boat driving, like they are immune on water.

Let's stay sober in dealing with all this stuff that life throws at us.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:05 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Very nice afternoon with sun and warm temps. Slight urge for 1 sec. come up out of anxiety sitting at my desk. Just acknowledge it....don't act it will pass.....diversion.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:02 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

glad to be alive and kicking it sober....
a bit more of a push with the 6th and 7th steps of AA
today is a good day to force a few things loose
Definitely will spend more time outside like yesterday.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hello unders!
Glad to see you in high spirits wisc!

Toots sorry to hear they banned golf. Your politicians must not golf? Thought they all did?
Our governor must because in VA you can still golf for now.

Hope everyone else is doing well
One day closer
Old 04-03-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Golf courses closed here
Old 04-03-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Good day....wore mask and gloves to grocery store for the first time. I think less than 25% of the shoppers were protected...and none of the cashiers or baggers had masks or gloves. Somewhat unsettling. I'm taking this a lot more serious. Kick alcohol, drugs, gambling, health issues, mental health issues, other addictions...I just don't want to deal with covid. I already made it through 3 sicknesses in the past 6 months.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:47 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Just popped in to say hi
Stay safe and sober Undies
Old 04-04-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Strange the workers weren't even wearing gloves! All ours have been wearing them for weeks Wisc. Stay safe my friend.

That goes for the rest of you rabble too!
Old 04-04-2020, 05:05 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

I don't know if it's an American thing....but we (include myself)(not all) are so stubborn, don't want to be told what to do, denial it's not that bad, and very sadly things are a hoax or conspiracy. Hopefully I am stubborn and not the rest.

28 weeks + 2 days === yay....now I'm very sure I haven't gone this long without drinks or drugs, and taking my physical and mental prescriptions. This long being oh boy I'd say 20 years? All of those years binging and relapsing. Literally almost killed me.

So glad to be sharing it with you all, toots, willow fk, sober, purplrks everyone everyone everyone.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 28 weeks, Wisc! Plus two, because every day counts!
I'm coming up on two months. I had almost three months last fall, and one afternoon I just freaked out, I guess. I was feeling stressed, but not paying attention to the warning signs. I think I just felt so sure I was done with it. I took a bottle of vodka out of the liquor cabinet at work, stuck it in my purse and went home and drank it. Such insanity. I had money to buy alcohol if I wanted it, and pass several liquor stores on my way home. I have never been one to steal, ever. And I was so happy about being sober, up until that moment.
It was the strangest thing. It took me about four months to stop again. I was trying hard most of that time.
It's so important to me to stay sober. I know it is to all of us! These are hard times, too. I think, for me at least, it calls for lots and lots of action toward recovery every day. I'm saying that because I need to remember it, and keep my recovery number one.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Congratulations on 28 weeks, Wisc! Plus two, because every day counts!
I'm coming up on two months. I had almost three months last fall, and one afternoon I just freaked out, I guess. I was feeling stressed, but not paying attention to the warning signs. I think I just felt so sure I was done with it. I took a bottle of vodka out of the liquor cabinet at work, stuck it in my purse and went home and drank it. Such insanity. I had money to buy alcohol if I wanted it, and pass several liquor stores on my way home. I have never been one to steal, ever. And I was so happy about being sober, up until that moment.
It was the strangest thing. It took me about four months to stop again. I was trying hard most of that time.
It's so important to me to stay sober. I know it is to all of us! These are hard times, too. I think, for me at least, it calls for lots and lots of action toward recovery every day. I'm saying that because I need to remember it, and keep my recovery number one.
Thanks sober

With the wanting, getting, and drinking alcohol and using drugs we do many things against our values...thus the shame. The relapse starts percolating the actually drinking. So hard to get out from under that rock...shame guilt sickness. Let's keep doing this together.....
Old 04-05-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Perhaps the theft was an subconscious desire to transfer the guilt you felt from giving in to the drink Karen. At least now you know to be aware of the sIgns and drag something from your sober toolkit to prevent it. Two months is really good.

Wisc, you are doing great too at 28 weeks (and now 3 days!)

I hope everyone else is coping okay with the strange new world.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Wiscsober

D
Old 04-05-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Dee and toots

good day to be serene and sound
Old 04-05-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

I'll add a congrats in there also wisc
Good work!

Keep up the good work sober

Hi willow
Hi toots
Hello Dee

Where's the rest of the undies?
Old 04-06-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on 28 weeks Wisc!

I work with a face mask and gloves and constant hand sanitizer at my grocery store. Most of our customers are doing the same.

Stay safe all!
Old 04-06-2020, 03:47 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

not even a remote desire to drink or use....nor gambling or spending,

thanks fishkiller stargazer
Old 04-06-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

I'm sad to say I drank again. I just don't know what else to say, other than this is day one and I will not drink today. I also asked my job for a furlough. I don't know if I will get it, but regardless that means I am not going back to work until it's safe. That will take a lot of the stress away, and hopefully give me a better chance.
Thanks to all those who have been so helpful. Sorry to let you all down.