Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 64

Old 03-29-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

I think I overdid it a bit yesterday. Fortunately, it's raining again so will force me to stay in and rest. I'm becoming a news junkie. Not good, I know. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Happy belated birthday wisc!
Thank you!
Old 03-30-2020, 01:01 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sober369, I just check the news once or twice a day, I don't need to know more. Hope the rest did help, pace yourself sweetie!

Wisc, I hope quiet here means everyone is doing well and keeping busy! I'm glad you're feeling better. My allergies have kicked in a bit too, I've been blaming the blooms in my vases, but also wondered whether the dramatic lowering of pollution levels have allowed an increase in allergen levels.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:58 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Saw this on Twitter so I'm sharing for everyone:

Art Contest! Posted by National Mill Dog Rescue in Peyton Colorado:

We are holding a drawing/coloring contest to help brighten the kennel. 3 age groups: 10 & under, 11-18, & adult. Draw or color something dog themed and mail to our kennel by April 30th. Winners receive a swag bag of NMDR memorabilia. More details on our Facebook or Instagram page
Old 03-30-2020, 04:06 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Sober369, also wondered whether the dramatic lowering of pollution levels have allowed an increase in allergen levels.
true hadn't thought of that....I've seen photos of Venice canals becoming clear
Old 03-30-2020, 04:12 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Must admit I'm missing baseball.

I sure look to see you all posts.

Fell asleep to NA's "It Works," and had this wonderful 3rd step dream. Just letting go and putting faith in the next steps. Fleeting. now. Oh well. It was good.

Almost gale winds but dry.

Just playing games, reading news (I hardly watch news anymore) podcasts, eating, focused recovery, eating...

Off with the beard! My rolling out the carpet for spring.

Best to you all...
Old 03-30-2020, 04:37 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I'm trying to stay away from the news most of the day, too. I just get bored and want to see what's happening.
I really want to focus on recovery things.
My adult kids keep having friends over. I'm about to put on gloves and go disinfect all the areas where they were last night while they are still sleeping (one is still working and is off to work already). I'm grateful for SR and for the things I'm learning reading "A New Earth". It's helping me to manage all this better.
I'm feeling really lonesome, though. I'm sure a lot of people are. There are a lot of things I could be doing, like chats and online meetings, that I haven't been doing yet. I'm planning to really get into those things starting today. After my cleaning session, I'm going to find at least one meeting to attend today and schedule it like it was a work meeting. What is it that makes me tend to put recovery things last? It's nuts, and I'm going to change it.
Hang in there everyone, this too shall pass!
Old 03-31-2020, 12:34 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

It's easy to slip into a kind of lethargy when we lose our usual routine, good on you Karen for making a commitment to online meetings it will be great for your moral.

Wisc, Mr T shaved his beard this week too! Must be spring! We are missing our soccer, there have been some good old game played on the tv, I was riveted by a 1993 Scottish cup final between Motherwell and Dundee United on Sunday, total edge of the seat stuff! I had no clue as to the final, score as at that time I lived in England And didn't follow Scottish football other than my own team Celtic. It certainly fave me a soccer fillip when I needed it!
Old 03-31-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Tis the season Spring

Neat to hear a soccer fanatic!

Let's do this together!
Break!
Old 03-31-2020, 08:39 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

good morning but going down for a nap....listening to AA's Living Sober audiobook.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:35 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

When I got to the meeting it didn't work. I think it may have been full, but I'm not sure. I'll try again. I may have to get some tech help with it.
I still can't decide what to do about work. I keep going back and forth with it. They've started wearing masks now, and that was one of the things they weren't doing that really bothered me. They aren't social distancing, though. One of them sent a video of the staff all taking a birthday cake to one of the residents, and they were all bunched up together, and the cake was not even covered. And, she blew out the candle. Yikes.
I hope everyone is staying well, staying home and staying safe.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:25 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
When I got to the meeting it didn't work. I think it may have been full, but I'm not sure. I'll try again. I may have to get some tech help with it.
I still can't decide what to do about work. I keep going back and forth with it. They've started wearing masks now, and that was one of the things they weren't doing that really bothered me. They aren't social distancing, though. One of them sent a video of the staff all taking a birthday cake to one of the residents, and they were all bunched up together, and the cake was not even covered. And, she blew out the candle. Yikes.
I hope everyone is staying well, staying home and staying safe.
And I, who live by himself, made it all the way outside and to the gazebo and back without using my skin to open doors or press buttons, and then used sanitizer when I got home.

I use to work in food mgt. at a hospital and several nursing homes...so I wonder what they are doing.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:32 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

I think they just don't really get it. It's a shame, because there are a lot of very smart people there.
I am going to try to practice gratitude today. I saw a 'practice' recommended by Eckhart Tolle where consistently, regardless of what happens, you say, "Thank you for everything. I have no complaints whatsoever." and you have to try to really mean it.
I'm giving it a shot.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:17 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow unders!

Hope everyone is well and staying safe.

No cases of the virus in our area but with folks traveling for work it's probably a matter of time sadly.

We can still fish as ling as we keep our distance which is good.
The whole point of fishing for me is to distance myself from people anyway.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Ok if I join? I'm in the March group but what with being sober and C19 I'm just trying to immerse myself in sobriety and with sober people as much as I can.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Welcome Be123! The more the merrier.....feel free to join the 24 hour thread and the Soberbus too!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-480-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 480)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-pt-34-a.html (Please stay on the Sober bus - pt.34)
Old 04-01-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Welcome Be123! I'm glad you're here. I'm from the February class and I'm also trying to immerse myself in recovery stuff. Today has been the hardest day in weeks. I'm just on edge. Drinking wouldn't help, I am sure of that. I probably need to eat something and hang out on here.
Today is my oldest son's birthday and he wants to come over. Yikes. I made him a mask, a virus preventing mask. It's very ugly. And I'm giving him a little money. I'm not going to stores unless I just have to, like we will be hungry and such. If he does come, we will sit in the back yard, six feet apart and chat.
I hope everyone's doing good.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Be

D
Old 04-01-2020, 07:45 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Welcome be!
Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi Be