Class of November 2019 Part 6

Old 01-24-2020, 09:40 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Why was it a mistake love? s
I imagine cos she went crazy at you.
But I would have done the same thing for sure. s xx
Old 01-24-2020, 11:15 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Sorry about your Mom, Joy. What you describe must be tough to watch. I've done that kind of drinking before but only in short bursts. It's grim.

Well, I was on a bit of a negative buzz in my head and this afternoon it completely flipped on its head! Came home, cleaned out my refrigerator and some cupboards, went for a long walk, did some chores and finished up some work (one of my candidates got an offer so big fee for us which is amazing). All of that stuff really cleared my head of that negativity and I've just a treat meal of lamb kebab and chips (fries). Plus it was my only food today so far so most definitely got a nice long fast in SBTS! Today was a classic example of what happens when you stay patient and ride it out, waiting for that mood and outlook to flip. Going in to the weekend feeling relaxed and happy which is kinda how I've been most of this month and that's awesome. The only negative to my day so far is Tiger Woods double bogeying his first hole of the day by 4 putting the 1st hole. Oh well, I'll live
Old 01-24-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
Hi venuscat, it's the 28th January.
Also when I say drinking friends I'm giving the wrong impression. It's just that I'll go out with people I know who drink. It's not like an alcoholics convention or anything.
I'm already feeling a bit better just because I'm having a change of scene. I'm trying to rise out of the slough of despond.
Glad to hear it, Tap. Need to mix things up when in a bit of a rut - watching Arsenal?
Old 01-24-2020, 01:05 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

On Monday yes. There's a real change under Arteta - loads of drive and energy. Whether they win anything or not at least I want to support them again. There's no way in God knows how many years they would have come back twice playing Chelsea away with ten men. That draw feels like a win.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I believe you can stay strong tap if you're in the right headspace. It sounds like it might be good for you to see friends.

Well done on your fast Briansy I had a Cuban burger with a fried egg for dinner and tres leches cake last night and still dropped weight from yesterday to today. It really feels kind of miraculous. Just broke today's fast with a little bean burrito -- snacking while I wait to go over to a friend's house for dinner.

Day 83 over here. I'm doing well. I feel almost like sobriety is on autopilot for me right now, but I've had enough sober time under my belt in the past to know I can't get complacent, hence why I continue to show up here.

Will check back later on
Old 01-24-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

I read your other thread Joy - I'm sorry for the whole situation.

Tap - thats a lot to bite off and chew but I understand bdays and changes of scene and I can't dissaude you from going.

Just think it out before hand - be ready in case that inner addict voice comes calling.

My bestest birthdays have been sober - enjoy - and many happy returns,

Glad you flipped things around Briansy.

How did your bday go Trudging?

83 days is magic SBTS

Hope you're feeling better Suze

Hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 01-24-2020, 09:52 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Trudging! Hope you had a fantastic day!!!
Old 01-24-2020, 10:32 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Belated Happy Bday Trudging although it will still be 10.21 PM your time. Glad that you are embracing it and planning a great time - I tend to do the opposite and hide during my Bday! I turned 40 last year and absolutely hated it! Probably as I don't have that many friends. Took some Sudafed to clear up sinus pain last night and wow did it keep me up last night. Barely slept and no desire to. Not sure I'll be taking that ever again. Very Adderall type buzz, ugh. I earmarked this morning for shopping for a nice winter jacket. I have a smart coat but need a nice casual winter jacket, hoping I can get something in the sales. I seem to be doing a lot of buying this January, probably as I have so much extra money from not gambling. It's amazing. That is one thing I am NOT tempted to go back to. But keeping alcohol at bay is the key to it remaining that way. Day 57 and I continue to get into new territory with sobriety. Even when things are going badly I feel good and I know those around me can see the difference too. Especially my business partner and parents. Which arguably are the three most important people in my life right now. So all good! And plus it's January - if I feel this good in Jan on day 57, then the year is shaping up to be a great one.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I think a major problem with this site is that with so many of you coming from faraway - USA, Australia etc - it means that I have to wait hours and hours for someone to respond to any important post I make or I miss your posts and am unable to correct you.
I know it might be a little inconvenient at first but in order to harmonise things, could those of you who choose to live in the distance or who find themselves faraway through no fault of your own reset your lives to fit in with my sleep patterns? Maybe you could become night workers or just take short naps during what you laughingly call the daytime.
Just a suggestion.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:44 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hahahaha Tap
Old 01-25-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi Willow, how you doing?
Old 01-25-2020, 01:49 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

So it’s 7.45pm here and I just had a close encounter with the AV, an up close and personal in my face encounter from the complimentary port in my accommodation. It was touch and go for a while, but I’ve eaten my way to safety:
Cheese and crackers, icecream (quite a lot), chocolates (quite a lot), ginger lemon soda, then went for dinner and somehow ate everything on my plate along with three big glasses of sparkling water.
Apart from feeling like I’m about to explode, I feel fine. Well not at risk of drinking anyway. There’s absolutely no room for anything in there (my belly lol).
Old 01-25-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hi Tap, I’m full

How’re you doing?

What’s the time where you are?
Old 01-25-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

It's 9.54 precisely.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I'm fine. I've got chocolate poisoning. I had a year's worth in one day.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
It's 9.54 precisely.
Is that morning?

It’s now 7.57 but it’s evening here
Old 01-25-2020, 01:59 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I hear you re the chocolate, I feel slightly sick from the amount of chocolate and icecream I ate....
Old 01-25-2020, 02:02 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

So SR must be set in your time Tap, because the time it says you posted is exactly the time you said, but mine is telling me I’m posting at 10.02am but I know for a fact that in reality it’s actually 8.02pm here
Old 01-25-2020, 02:17 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can set your local time under 'User CP < edit options' Willow

D
Old 01-25-2020, 02:21 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Yes it's 10.21 in the morning. This would be a good job for me. A speaking clock with laryngitis.