Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 6

Old 01-23-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Congrats, joy!
Old 01-23-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
Tell us about the side gig! I liked This Naked Mind.
Yes ^^^
Old 01-23-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Tiles, the Swinehut

If I could get someone to clean my house under $60 an hour I’d probably do it, even if just for a couple of hours a fortnight .... I think I’’d rather eat cat food than clean the house too. so I just don’t really clean it much. I would be embarrassed to have a cleaner come in at the moment, she’d think us swine for sure . She would need a solid week to get it in a clean state. It’s not totally feral, just constantly dusty. We live in a dusty place in a dusty country sigh. With lots of insects! That come straight back as soon as they’re evicted. And I don’t like to use harsh repellents because of the environmental impact, especially the sensitive green tree frogs everywhere (on the verandahs not inside generally, I evict them back outside if they sneak inside). That’s life in North Queensland though. My UK relatives freaked out about the abundance and largeness of Australian wildlife (especially the giant insects lol) when they came to visit

Briansy I was just speaking to a colleague yesterday about massively unreasonable clients! And we had a huge discussion about clients bad mouthing our colleagues and ourselves behind our backs when we’re doing our absolute best that we can. They seriously do your head in sometimes! But there will always be idiots and mean people out there, and they don’t matter, they’re not worth wasting our thoughts and energy on. Really well done navigating through the stress of it all without drinking.

If you ever feel yourself weakening under pressure, remind yourself of how great it is to wake up sober, and if that’s not helping enough, play the tape forward to the consequences of “just one” (it’s never just one) to the vicious cycle of hangover drink hangover drink etc... it helps me anyway....

Happy birthday Trudging ! I saw Cirque once, absolutely loved it! What a fabulous thing to do for your birthday
Old 01-23-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Thanks, Willow! It always hELPS TO "play the day/night forward....something to REALLY remember! The show is at 8:00 pm at LA Dodgers Stadium. We plan on eating here about 4-5PM and then head out (L.A traffic is a nightmare!) Keep you guys posted on my birthday activities tomorrow! I am SO EXCITED!!!
Old 01-23-2020, 03:59 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey Joy, congrats on 96 days! That is awesome!
Old 01-23-2020, 05:20 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

trudging, happy birthday!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many Happy Returns Trudging

D
Old 01-23-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Happy bday Trudging, have a nice time at Cirque.

Nice to see you popping in, Joy!

I'm doing ok, having a quiet night with the cat. Decided to take a night off from movies. The bf texted me a few hours ago to check in, so feeling better about that.

I'm still doing intermittent fasting and it's going well. I'm eating in a 5-hour window toward the end of the day. I've lost a little weight but nothing crazy, normal slow loss. I think I have to get out of the IF Facebook group though, it's not as nice as you guys. Social media can really be a drag, I haven't been on it in ages and forgot how petty people can get. It's not good for my mental health.

See you guys tomorrow, going to watch a little more TV then go to bed
Old 01-23-2020, 10:44 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

SBTS, I got off Instagram and Facebook and golf internet chat boards as I just couldn't handle the paranoia - do they like me? Am I being validated enough? Why not that many likes? Was that comment a bit ******? Etc. Putting my entire self worth contingent on what people who absolutely don't matter at all in my life said and did. Obviously the other side of that equation is the fact that I'm a little cut off from things at the moment and live a little bit of a solitary life, but for me right now I would prefer to just call it a simple life. I know I'll need to start adding stuff back at some point but also know I need to do it carefully.

But, yeah, the discourse here is ridiculously nice and supportive - but also really constructive and helpful and insightful. It's not just "Happy, happy"! It's nice not to get your head bitten off when you're just being honest about things. I guess that's the point of these threads but you still have to actually go ahead and be nice!

Morning all. Awful sleep full of nightmares last night which I put down to way too much sugar yesterday evening and also that other stuff this week at work. I promised to myself to steer clear of talking shop with former colleagues and stuff - getting into "dick measuring contests" and I let myself get into that zone yesterday where I ended up feeling like crap by pointlessly comparing myself to others. Need to snap out of that now cos the negative thinking is dragging me down a touch. Got our website photo on Wednesday and I am going to eat well and exercise every day between now and then to make sure I'm looking my very best for it! It's our new website and like it or not is kinda how the outside world is gonna judge our business so wanna make sure I nail it. So a healthy positive few days ahead - I hope?! Hope all are well.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just a quick check in Friday night. Not drinking but had a weak moment on the way home earlier when I really had an urge to swing by the bottlo and pick up some wine. Noooo!
I didn’t, I went to the supermarket and got 2 bottles of ginger lemon instead.
Heading off to the forest this weekend, will let you know what adventures I find
Old 01-24-2020, 01:43 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Great call Willow! You'll enjoy that forest so much more. Am jealous. Wish I was going to the forest in lovely summer weather !
Old 01-24-2020, 01:47 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Briansy thanks for posting about the awful sleep. I was just considering a bad idea to stuff my face with chocolate and lollies (sweets). When we talk about sweets we’re talking about dessert. Lollies are pure sugar and I have a huge craving for them right now. But I did this the other night and I had a terrible sleep.
So thanks for reminding me why it’s NOT a good idea to stuff myself with sugar right before I go to bed....
Instead I’m going to brush my teeth and go to bed and hopefully the urge will go away.
I know it’s because I had a fight with the AV earlier.... I always feel like sugar afterwards... but I’m not going to cave in.
Night night everyone
Old 01-24-2020, 02:28 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm kinda fighting with my AV too at the moment, Willow. Just am totally out of sorts all of a sudden and want this to stop right now so I can go back to being energised and upbeat and happy! Plus I really do not want to start that horrible addiction cycle again, no way!
Old 01-24-2020, 02:29 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you avoid the humidity willow. Have a good sober weekend.
D
Old 01-24-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hello all. This is my 23rd day. Tomorrow I'm off to London to hassle Briansy. It's my birthday weekend so must be sensible as I'm seeing a few drinking friends there - home town. With me feeling a bit low this is a good test for me.
Outonthe tiles, when I see your avatar I think of the World Health Organisation. They're not linked are they?
Best wishes everyone. Keep the faith.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:06 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Not sure about that test Taplow!!!
Old 01-24-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Dearest trudging,

Old 01-24-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
Not sure about that test Taplow!!!
Ah ha.

And hi guys. s

And what date tap....gosh so many Aquarians.....love it.... (Feb 10 here).
Old 01-24-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi venuscat, it's the 28th January.
Also when I say drinking friends I'm giving the wrong impression. It's just that I'll go out with people I know who drink. It's not like an alcoholics convention or anything.
I'm already feeling a bit better just because I'm having a change of scene. I'm trying to rise out of the slough of despond.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:30 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

**Side gig for TNM is just a lil part-time thing. Anyway I can help Annie is my honor.

**I posted in family/friends about my mom. She is getting bad with the drink. Starts first thing in morning and bed by afternoon day in day out. Don't know what to do. Confronted her yesterday big mistake.