Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 6

Old 01-31-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thanks SBTS and Suze ❤️
I went for a bit of a walk but still have a headache so decided to just take it easy today and not force myself to do anything. Maybe a nice cup of chai will make me feel better (I’ve already had my morning coffee)
Old 01-31-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

And maybe some extra water love?
That is always my first go-to with a persistent headache. s xxxxxx ❤️
Old 01-31-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Yes good idea Suze ❤️
Old 01-31-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I forgot it was already Saturday morning for you Willow! I hope you enjoy.

Friday night here and we're just getting ready for hand rolls + the movies (my usual, fave theater is playing all the Oscar nominated short films.)
Old 01-31-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Enjoy the movies SBTS
Old 01-31-2020, 10:27 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Congrats STBS on 90 days, Willow on a month and Lixie on a week. I reached triple digits today (Day 100).

Speaking of movies, we just watched, Hachi: A Dog's Tale on Netflix. Is was a tear jerker, but really good. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it and like animal shows.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:36 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good morning everyone, on day 8. I'm the only one awake, and I love it. No big plans for today, just a bit of wedding planning.

Have a nice day!
Old 02-01-2020, 01:05 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday night here (7pm) and I’m off to bed soon in an attempt to catch up on sleep...
Night everyone
Old 02-01-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Have a nice night Willow

Enjoy the wedding planning Lixie!

Congrats on 100 Magnum.

Day 91 for me. Should be a quiet Saturday here, I'm looking forward to it. My bf has work and then a big drink-y birthday party that I'm obviously not going to, so the most I might see him is if he comes home to change in between. He invited me to the party but was totally understanding that I didn't want to go.

Me, I'm going to relax. I have a lot of things I "should" probably do and might try to knock one or two of those out if I feel like it, but I'm really going to try not to ruin this huge blissful stretch of uninterrupted quiet time by trying to fill it with "Things To Do." I'm going to do some laundry, because I want to, and maybe go to another movie later on. Right now I'm really just enjoying the stillness in the apartment to be honest.

Will check back later
Old 02-01-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
Congrats STBS on 90 days, Willow on a month and Lixie on a week. I reached triple digits today (Day 100).

Speaking of movies, we just watched, Hachi: A Dog's Tale on Netflix. Is was a tear jerker, but really good. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it and like animal shows.

on 100 days dear Magnum! s ❤️
Old 02-01-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Good morning everyone, on day 8. I'm the only one awake, and I love it. No big plans for today, just a bit of wedding planning.

Have a nice day!
Wedding planning Lixie love???
Are congrats in order for you and your partner?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug; s ❤️
Old 02-01-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning dear SBTS.
What movie are you thinking of seeing? s xx ❤️

Sleep well dear Willow and Dee. s xx ❤️
Old 02-01-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Wedding planning Lixie love???
Are congrats in order for you and your partner?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug; s ❤
Thanks, Suze. ❤️ The date is 10/10/20 - two years on the day since I proposed. We're both writers, so we're trying to find a library in which we can have the ceremony. I can't wait!
Old 02-01-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Oh, that will be divine love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-01-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Not sure what movie Suze! There is so much going on at that theater. I still haven't seen the new Bad Boys, I could do that... or The Gentlemen... or I could go tonight to see the Oscar nominated animated shorts (we saw the live action ones last night)... or the new Taylor Swift doc, Miss Americana, is playing this morning but I'd have to get in gear to see that one because it's in an hour. Totally doable but it would mean getting off the couch in the next few minutes which I'm not sure I'm ready for, lol. Zombi Child is playing at 10 pm but that's a bit late for me, although I would like to see that movie otherwise.

Many choices. There might be more than one, although I'd have to pay for one of them then because my monthly pass "only" gets me one movie a day.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hello all, day 64 here and had an extremely busy week at work - busy and productive. Things seem to be going amazingly well in our business (which is only in its 3rd year) and it could be a big year for us. This is in direct contrast with this time last year when I was missing days from work left right and centre. I am home in Ireland this week spending time with my Dad who will be 84 in a fortnight. He's in great shape and we're having a nice time together mainly watching sport on TV. Classic father / son bonding activity! His knee is not in good shape so he can't play golf with me.

It's been good doing nothing this weekend as was exhausted after a long week at work. We had our photos taken for our new website during the week and they came out great. I was stressing about that for weeks and am so pleased it's over. The website goes live hopefully next week and it looks amazing. I may PM you guys the end product if you want?! Reveal my identity to you privately of course!

So, I suppose I just need to keep doing what I'm doing. I have considered weaning myself off my nightly OTC sleeping aids but like SBTS said earlier, one thing at a time. Last time doing that precipitated a relapse and I'm just not ready - nor am I keen to risk what is a very even equilibrium at the moment - with the exception of that sudofed dalliance which was most unpleasant.

Seems all are well. Big congrats to SBTS on 3 months and triple digits for Magnumcat. I'm in unchartered territory here and I feel strong.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your milestones Magnum Cat and Briansy

D
Old 02-01-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday morning everyone, I’m feeling quite a bit better after an early night last night. It’s a beautiful day here today, crisp and clear after a healthy of rain last night. It’s starting to heat up already though, 26C at 7.30am.

Congratulations on 100 days Magnumcat, and 64 days Briansy and 91 days SBTS, and 8 days Lixie, that’s fantastic

I’m off to get out in the fresh air before it gets too hot
See you all later
Old 02-01-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Strong call by SBTS on getting confidence back at 90 days. By the time I was ready to stop, my confidence was almost completely eroded, and that's saying a lot because I have a pretty decent ego, but I was so beaten down I felt like I was hollowed out. I'd forgotten about this, but among the mental and physical changes I had at 90 days sober was that my confidence slowly but surely came back.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:43 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling good Briansy

I outdid myself today by going to see 4 movies in one day. No, that is not a typo. Miss Americana at 10:30 am, Bad Boys for Life at 1 pm, The Gentlemen at 4:30 pm and the Oscar nominated animated shorts at 8:45 pm. Not bad, eh? I even got in a little shopping in between the last two, and somehow managed to get two loads of laundry done today as well.

Most importantly, I did NOT go to the birthday party my bf is at right now. It's for one of his friends who is a lovely guy but a very heavy drinker, and the whole thing was going to be drinking in bars -- there was no dinner portion first that I could show up for and then head home. So I opted out of that one. I'm sure bf will be home hours from now smelling like whiskey and cigarettes, bleh. But good for him as long as I don't have to join in.

Time for some sleep. Hopefully more than I've been getting recently. Will check back tomorrow