Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 6

Old 01-25-2020, 02:24 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

They should put posting times in line with the time it was in the countries they were posted in. It would look like time travel.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
So SR must be set in your time Tap, because the time it says you posted is exactly the time you said, but mine is telling me I’m posting at 10.02am but I know for a fact that in reality it’s actually 8.02pm here
This is very confusing. Do what I do when something doesn't make sense; just ignore it. It's a philosophy that's worked wonders for me.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:46 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hi guys, it's FallingLeaves with a new nick. Remember I tried moderation? Well, I have come to the conclusion that I can't do it, and I want to quit. Completely. Can I join you again, on my very last day 1?

Dee, is it OK for me to do it this way?
Old 01-25-2020, 02:54 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Welcome back Lixie. Did you have a bad session?
Old 01-25-2020, 02:54 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I’ll try that

Tap you crack me up

Flixie! so nice to see you, good on you for coming back.
I tried moderation so many times. It didn’t work for me. I had so many day 1s it’s not even remotely funny. Well done on being here on day 1.

I’m off to bed. I’m not sure what time it really is Tap, I’m confused so I’m ignoring the time and going with the “I’m tired” feeling instead. Although I’ll have to be careful with that because I’m often tired most of the time, so I could easily end up just staying in bed all the time, which is quite appealing, but doesn’t really lead to much getting done... oh well,

Goodnight everyone
Old 01-25-2020, 02:57 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
Yes it's 10.21 in the morning. This would be a good job for me. A speaking clock with laryngitis.

I hope the laryngitis goes away soon!
Honey and lemon in hot water helps soothe a sore throat for me
Old 01-25-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lixie - welcome back
A fresh start is fine

D
Old 01-25-2020, 03:28 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Hi guys, it's FallingLeaves with a new nick. Remember I tried moderation? Well, I have come to the conclusion that I can't do it, and I want to quit. Completely. Can I join you again, on my very last day 1?

Dee, is it OK for me to do it this way?
OH OH OH now I am happy!!!!!
Hello love, and I love this username.
Missed you to pieces woman! s xx ❤️

And LOL re the time conversation, I am still half asleep (and unfortunately in oodles of pain, my neck went out....yes tap, I hope it comes home soon....I could hear you thinking it ).

And Willow honey, well done on eating and telling the AV to go jump.
Huge hugs for you, and all of you. xx s ❤️
Old 01-25-2020, 03:29 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Oh......and goodnight Dee. ❤️

And so happy for your wonderful progress dear Briansy.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

FallingLeaves (Lixie) welcome back! I truly am happy to see you and hear about your decision Congrats on Day 1.

Tap, lol! The time difference is an issue for me too sometimes. Usually when I'm on here in the evenings there isn't anyone here except Dee. (not that I don't appreciate you Dee )

Willow, well done on not drinking.

Day 84 for me and my last day until my bf comes home! My friend flaked out on dinner last night so I didn't end up going out, which was annoying, because I would have gone to a movie had he not invited me over. Oh well. I'm heading out in a few hours to see Color Out of Space. In other life news, this intermittent fasting thing is crazy. I ate Caesar salad, spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and a cookie with ice cream last night and lost a full pound from yesterday to today. It honestly feels like magic. Sorry to go on and on about it, but it's been a big part of my life the last couple weeks and you guys know I tell you EVERYTHING!

I haven't been totally keeping up on 10K steps a day, but my average for January is 8,705 and I will absolutely take that. It's twice what I was doing before I started making an effort.

Will check back later It's a grey rainy day here and I slept in which was really nice. About to pour some coffee and feed the cat. xx
Old 01-25-2020, 07:13 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I am sure the exercise is making a huge difference too love....as well as the fasting.

And boo on your friend re last night....and I just looked up the movie you are going to see today and

I LOVE how varied your taste is.
Hope you have a wonderful Saturday and 84 days is just magic. xx
Old 01-25-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Man, that's amazing on intermittent fasting. I wonder if it also means we don't retain as much water? Either way, that's awesome and I may look to do mine on a more disciplined basis hearing that. I'm feeling like turd today but it's OK cos I had one job to do today and I nailed it. I wanted to get myself a nice casual winter jacket that was warm but not too bulky. I got this really slick grey herringbone fleece with navy zip and finish bits around the pockets - for 30 pounds and I literally was only gone from my apartment for a half hour - major score as I was prepared to pay way more. What's the point, eh? Gonna see about going for an 8k walk in a bit. I know I should. Like I keep saying: roll on the Spring! Guess that's why I'm so obsessed about work at the mo. Something to focus on that keeps everything moving forward in the right direction.

Suze, it will be great when all of this stuff with your jaw and teeth is done with for once and for all. It sounds like a serious buzz kill!! My moaning would be off the charts about that - I need to take a leaf out of your book!
Old 01-25-2020, 07:35 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Pfffff.....I moan. Just to myself though. xx
Old 01-25-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone
I’m so relieved I didn’t drink last night!!!!!!
Off to the forest today. It would’ve sucked big time if I was feeling miserable and sorry and guilty with a hangover!

Day 26

And Happy Australia Day Suze and all other Aussies ❤️
Old 01-25-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Back at you baby and so much love and have a wonderful time!!! s ❤️❤️
Old 01-25-2020, 10:33 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Welcome back FallingLeaves (Lixie). Glad you changed your mind and decided to join us for your last Day 1.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:39 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I got a good night's sleep last night after a rough day yesterday. I will come clean and say I wasn't being entirely truthful yesterday about why I felt so crap. I didn't just take a bit of Sudofed to clear my sinuses on Friday, I took like a quadruple dose cos I wanted the stimulant high you get with it. And, yes, I did get it but like any good stimulant abused, it kept me up all night and had me feeling wretched and drained yesterday. Even now after a 9 hour sleep I'm feeling hazy. The good news is I didn't drink when typically I would have used alcohol to deflect from that rubbish feeling. In a way, though, it was a valuable lesson to me: being 100% me having eating well and exercised is hands down the best state to be in. Chasing short term highs is a wretched hamster wheel. Gambling had me on it for 15 years and alcohol for a solid 10. Being free of both has been fecking hard work and a major shift in how I see the world - but it has also been so rewarding and not something I am going to risk jeopardising again. It's also early days so jeopardising my sobriety like that was insane. Back to hyper vigilance!!

But, hey, all good, today's a new day and I'm playing golf. Tiger Woods is playing later as are Man United. Gonna be a good day. 58 days. Very close to 2 months!

Hope you're having a great time in the forest, Willow! And Tap, how was your London trip? Did you survive unscathed? Also: where was my phone call?! Lixie, how're you doing? Would be good to hear what you've been up to and where your head is at. This seems to be the place to let it all out!
Old 01-26-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

This is from my rainforest walk

Old 01-26-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Amazing!!
Old 01-26-2020, 01:12 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Briansy I’ve done that with sudafed before. And felt like crap afterwards too.
But well done on not drinking! That’s a great achievement