Notices

Class of December 2019 part 5

Old 01-16-2020, 01:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning,

I hope everyone is tracking along nicely.

I'm getting used to feeling all the feels all the time with no 'down time' or 'numb out time' these days. It's only been a month for me but I'm already noticing I'm more balanced and my moods are more even these days. I thought it was aging that made me less tolerant but hmmm what do you know it was booze and the aftermath of booze.

Being back at work has been great for me. We're also on school holidays here so it's been nice spending time with my boy and having some lazy mornings that sometimes turn into lazy days.

Sorry to hear about the difficult visit with your brother Steely and your sis Red, that's a tough position for you to be in. I hope your son is feeling a bit better now Vinny. RAL 3 weeks is awesome and a visit with your sis in the sun sounds like perfect timing. Dee I hope your physio went well and you're on the mend.

Have a great FriYay everyone.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month Sushi!
Old 01-16-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

We are al doing so well. Each of us making our own little milestones. Adapting to sobriety. It's good.

It's been raining in Sydney with thunderstorms predicted for the weekend. Not falling in the bush, but any rain is good rain and hoping it will impact elsewhere?

Love to all.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey All,
Congratulations on a month Sushi.
I'm struggling through extended physical difficulties but haven't been experiencing psychological withdrawal like cravings and AV thoughts. Trying to stay positive and practice gratitude whilst feeling so poorly is proving exceedingly difficult but im determined not to slip into depression & anxiety.
I hope everyone is going well. Sending my love to all xxoo
Old 01-16-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

The last time I got sober I was seriously unwell for a month. It was hard for sure, but it slowly got better. s xx ❤️
Old 01-17-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 17. Made it to the end of the work week. Ready for the weekend. Zura- Hope you start feeling better.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Well my son is better but he passed the germs onto me. I knew it was going to happen so oh well. I’ll live. Nothing bed, fluids, and Netflix can’t fix.

The last time I got the flu a year ago, I drank all the way through it as my “medicine”. Can you even imagine that? Glad I’m not in that place anymore.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yeah.....I hear you....I drank with pneumonia once. Just insane.

Sorry you are not well. Hoping it isn't too bad a bug and you can enjoy some shows....there are some awesome new ones around. s xx
Old 01-17-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Just found “You” on Netflix. Only two episodes in but looks like a good binge show I can get lost in.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I have watched 6 or 7 episodes and I REALLY like it. s

Nope wrong show....the one I am watching is "Living With Yourself".

I started watching "You" and I have seen it already....somehow....I don't know how.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

We started watching Living With Yourself. We liked it but for whatever reason we stopped watching. I think life got in the way and we just forgot about it. We probably have 50+ shows that fit that description
Old 01-17-2020, 07:35 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

There is a new Stephen King series....The Outsider....don't know if you have HBO....it looks really good. xx
Old 01-17-2020, 11:20 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
There is a new Stephen King series....The Outsider....don't know if you have HBO....it looks really good. xx
I mIght check this out, I loved the series castle rock..
Old 01-17-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I do not know why I didn't watch that.
Not to worry....how are you love.....almost birthday girl. s xx
Old 01-17-2020, 12:31 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,
Hi Steely, it is great to hear your feeling so enthusiastic and happy.
Thanks Venus, it sure will get better!!
Thanks to you too Bob, I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Vinny, I really enjoyed You. I easily binged the 2 seasons, i hope you enjoy and it gets you through your flu.
Red, Good luck at the wedding and have a fab time hiking for your birthday.

I have a tendency of keeping my struggles to myself and thought i might try this whole sharing gig lol. It seems im experiencing what people refer to as PAWS, except without the AV part. I feel grateful that the cravings are non existent atm but im not letting my guard down as feeling unwell (its pretty brutal plus i have a few other unrelated health issues going on) can lead to mental health problems which could then potentially lead to relapse. The positive part is that recognising these patterns and staying proactive is an excellent sign that the work I am doing is...working. I am looking forward to taking control of my health and getting back to clean living in all aspects of my life. I have big plans but introducing them slowly, in line with my current ability. So that's me atm.

Wishing everyone a sober and enjoyable weekend xxoo
Old 01-17-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I do not know why I didn't watch that.
Not to worry....how are you love.....almost birthday girl. s xx
It's very bizarre like Stephen King..

I'm good, nervous as its my cousins wedding and I'm sober driving 8 of us around for the night, all family but normally we all booze together. I come from a family that has nearly 100 people in it from my nana and grandad and I have over 30 1st cousins. So today/tonight is a challenge to enjoy myself but not to drink as I'm driving so I won't drink.. Arrgghhhhh
Old 01-17-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Good Morning All,
Hi Steely, it is great to hear your feeling so enthusiastic and happy.
Thanks Venus, it sure will get better!!
Thanks to you too Bob, I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Vinny, I really enjoyed You. I easily binged the 2 seasons, i hope you enjoy and it gets you through your flu.
Red, Good luck at the wedding and have a fab time hiking for your birthday.

I have a tendency of keeping my struggles to myself and thought i might try this whole sharing gig lol. It seems im experiencing what people refer to as PAWS, except without the AV part. I feel grateful that the cravings are non existent atm but im not letting my guard down as feeling unwell (its pretty brutal plus i have a few other unrelated health issues going on) can lead to mental health problems which could then potentially lead to relapse. The positive part is that recognising these patterns and staying proactive is an excellent sign that the work I am doing is...working. I am looking forward to taking control of my health and getting back to clean living in all aspects of my life. I have big plans but introducing them slowly, in line with my current ability. So that's me atm.

Wishing everyone a sober and enjoyable weekend xxoo
I truly believe that introducing the new ways and plans slowly works, especially if you have big anxiety as I do..... s xx
Old 01-17-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
It's very bizarre like Stephen King..

I'm good, nervous as its my cousins wedding and I'm sober driving 8 of us around for the night, all family but normally we all booze together. I come from a family that has nearly 100 people in it from my nana and grandad and I have over 30 1st cousins. So today/tonight is a challenge to enjoy myself but not to drink as I'm driving so I won't drink.. Arrgghhhhh
Ohhhhh it's today......wow.....I didn't realise.
Well, we are all going with you.
Hope you rented a van. s xx
Old 01-17-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have absolutely no doubt in your ability to stay sober - but I hope you have a good day as well Red

D
Old 01-17-2020, 01:55 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Venus Im carrying you all in spirit..