D
Old 08-08-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear you're feeling good SFL

D
Old 08-08-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well hot damn! We made it to thread #3!! Took us long enough haha...
Thanks Dee!
Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries

D
Old 08-08-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, Sun glad to hear your doing good (and your friend came and visited )lol. I guess I have to say I'm feeling pretty good also. I sold my motorcycle about a month before I got sober, lately I've been missing it, I remember a day when I use to use riding as a stress reliever. this is the first time in 25+ years I haven't had a bike. Not real sure why I brought that up, it was just on my mind.
Lots of love and hugs to all.
stay sober my friends.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Weev- please check in and let us know how you are doing and how we can help. I am worried about you. Stay strong, stay sober. Nothing is worth going back to the hell of alcohol. I can promise you that much!
Old 08-11-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Keep Going

My dearest Sunny, here I am, sober at bedtime and although I'm not dancing with joy at least I feel stable moodwise. Like after a emotional drunk.

These last two days have been the toughest for a while. I guess I have enough clarity to feel that big empty hole inside, and I want it gone *now*. AA kindov promises it gets filled but that's a lot to take on trust. I want to know when.

I don't much like posting negative things because I want to help people feel better, but I was really lifted to see many people on our 24 thread had similar experiences.

There's such a stigma about mental health. I think of all those people suffering in silence through fear of being judged.

I forced myself to share at my meeting tonight and several people came up after and told me they'd had the same.

So I'm far from special and different!!!

Such a huge weight off my mind.

I do love you honey. Thank you for all your help my lovely girl. We've come this far and we'll go a bit further
(((Sunny)))
Old 08-11-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is for you too Weev - and we're not just a backslappers club
I'm glad you're sober - but please do ask for help if you need it

D
Old 08-11-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Keep Going

" Backslappers club " has me in fits of giggles.
I have a mental picture of a 1940s movie where all the guys are milling around in their suits and hats patting one another on the back in a well done kindov way - until someone does it too hard and the whole lot of them are on the floor fighting. Lol
Old 08-12-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Thanks Dee
You always say the right thing
I hope you're not a computer generated artificial intelligence. They've got very good.

It's difficult to ask for help. Especially when the help needed is just to be loved and accepted. I was lucky to be in such a desperate state when I signed up here I'd do anything. Lucky it's kept me in AA FOR Months doing as I'm told.

I had a bad Childhood like tons of people and I've been doing it on my own since 14 probably, not trusting people. alcohol helped for years. It's funny you keep people at arms Length to stop getting hurt then a bunch of people die or you move too many times And you drink yourself down to a whole other level of existence and you finally are on your own - and that's not the answer either.

Spose I think it's only me who ever thinks or feels bad. I get jealous of other people's lives too easily. I'm finding out that behind shiny appearances there's a lot of strife. It's good for me to grow up.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

100% human being Weev

I had a hard time reaching out for help too - but I learned in time
There are a lot of good people here

D
Old 08-13-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi guys- Weev, are you feeling any better?

I get jealous of other people's lives too and then quickly remind myself that their isn't a damn person in this world without problems, insecurities and vices. We all have our issues to deal with and our lessons to learn in life- it's why we are here.

I do hope you are feeling better- I couldn't quite understand what you were going through but did it have to do with seeing entities? The strange thing is, you were the second person this week to mention it so I wanted to share the first thing I saw which was posted on FB by a friend:

https://healthfoodsoul.com/spiritual...l-consumption/

Then, I started thinking about my rage and my depression which has gone on since I was 13 and also this reading I had with a spirit channeler who told me I was depressed because entities had attached to me during those times of depression. I did some research and found this:

https://www.sanctusgermanus.net/engl...ossession.html

It's a group that will pray for you- do a long distance healing to remove any negative entities. I am going to email them (you just need to email and they do it for free.) It's worth a shot, isn't it? I mean my crazy moods have me feeling like I am "possessed" and that's how I've been describing it for quite some time now. Does this resonate with you at all? Let me know what you think.

Rainman, how are you doing? It's been a while- could you check in?

Have a great Sunday everyone...
Old 08-13-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Here's a general decree to be used often throughout your days and nights:

"I invoke the mighty I AM presence to flood my world with light, perfection, wisdom, love, abundance and protection."
Old 08-13-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Here's a general decree to be used often throughout your days and nights:

"I invoke the mighty I AM presence to flood my world with light, perfection, wisdom, love, abundance and protection."
Sunny, you deserve all the happiness in the world. What a perfect invocation. I'm going to put it in the front of my diary for easy reference. We'll get there. And you can't fail when you are always helping others and thinking of them. I'm glad you're here sweetness.
Love Weev
Old 08-13-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Rainman???
What Sun said.
Thinking of you Sir.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm here, Weeve, we made it to the triple digits. WooHoo. Lot of stuff going on. Ill fill y'all in in a bit
Rainman
Old 08-14-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going you guys

D
Old 08-14-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Rainman, you're here! What have you been up to?

I've had a day and a half of feeling happy and recovered. Which is good because that's what sobriety must feel like.

But just had a physio session and now I feel something, who knows what, and it's making me wish I'd learned some emotions as a teenager. When you're supposed to.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking on me, it means a lot. This past weekend we were are my daughters house in OK, They had a present for me, first the card. It had a picture of a donut and it said -There's No Sprinkle-Coating it...Life can be hard. But DONUT Worry. inside it said.. You've Got what it takes to make it through anything. they signed it,Happy 100 days. they also gave me a coffee cup that says Motivation in a Mug.

We went up there so I could take a look at the house their living in (rental). they've been have problems it flooding when it rains. Long story short (maybe). We're worried about black mold, So my daughter, grand daughter , 3 dogs and a cat may move in with us until Dec/Jan. Son-in law will be with us on weekends. Also found out my Step Moms cancer has returned (Lungs) Doctor is tell them 4-6 months. Fri I go to court for my DWI, don't think anything will happen at this appearance but don't know.

The first part of this I told you the good, the middle I told you the not so good. Just have to end it on a good note:
Today I have been sober 101 days, today I am really proud of myself, today I am so thankful of the support I have. Today I am 100% committed to continue staying sober. I pray to GOD to be with me, I don't ask him to fix the things that are wrong, I ask him for his Will be done.

Rainman
Old 08-14-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Rainman1 View Post
Thanks for checking on me, it means a lot. This past weekend we were are my daughters house in OK, They had a present for me, first the card. It had a picture of a donut and it said -There's No Sprinkle-Coating it...Life can be hard. But DONUT Worry. inside it said.. You've Got what it takes to make it through anything. they signed it,Happy 100 days. they also gave me a coffee cup that says Motivation in a Mug.

We went up there so I could take a look at the house their living in (rental). they've been have problems it flooding when it rains. Long story short (maybe). We're worried about black mold, So my daughter, grand daughter , 3 dogs and a cat may move in with us until Dec/Jan. Son-in law will be with us on weekends. Also found out my Step Moms cancer has returned (Lungs) Doctor is tell them 4-6 months. Fri I go to court for my DWI, don't think anything will happen at this appearance but don't know.

The first part of this I told you the good, the middle I told you the not so good. Just have to end it on a good note:
Today I have been sober 101 days, today I am really proud of myself, today I am so thankful of the support I have. Today I am 100% committed to continue staying sober. I pray to GOD to be with me, I don't ask him to fix the things that are wrong, I ask him for his Will be done.

Rainman
This is good stuff Rain. Love the Motivation Mug! The love and support round you shines through. I hope they move back in with you for a while and then you can take your relationship deeper maybe, esp with GD. Keep us posted on the cancer thing.

Congratulations on 101.

I've only had my Higher Power for a month! But it's changing my life around in ways I didn't expect. It's certainly diminishing my fear of the future. Sometimes I can almost think that everything will be okay!!

"All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well". Not sure if that's the proper quote but I like it and I wish it for your family too. Lots of love to the lot of you.