Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 60

Old 04-27-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Re: Class of July 2013 Part 60

Croutie, can we have an update on you sweetheart.
I think of you every m9rning when i wake up and when i go to bed. My heart justs breaks for you.
You are so loved here.
We all care deeply for you. Ive sent you my phone number again. I wish i could comfort you
Xxxx
Old 04-27-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Prayers, croutie
Old 04-28-2020, 09:27 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I know Croutie is reading, but just too heartbroken to post.
All our dearest love and support to you sweetheart.
Someone is ALWAYS here. You are loved
Old 04-28-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Thanks for letting us know Snooz.
Croutie, thinking of you every single day, even if I don’t post, I still drop by to see if you have. Understand that you don’t want to post, but sending you virtual hugs through this time. We are with you in spirit, and glad you are staying connected with Wendy.
Again, you’re in my thoughts each day, darling lady.
Love to all, and those not posting. Leshar, I know losing your darling Larry has been so hard, so this is a path you’ve walked also. Thinking of you too.xx
Old 04-29-2020, 10:30 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning JulyersÂ

My thoughts and prayers go out to all Julyers, that we find the inner strength to keep going on, through some sad, some unsure, and some difficult times we’re finding ourselves in.Â

Love to all. xxxx
Old 04-29-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Agree Mags. Mental Health is a very big issue here in Australia and I myself even feel very alone right now. I do feel thankful for sobriety tools like self soothing etc, and I’ve cut out sugar this week, but I think a lot of people are now showing signs of having had enough. Then on top of that the strains of loss etc. hard.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:11 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I was talking about this last night.

You guys know me, I have a very sunny disposition. And it shows on my face. Yesterday when I was gardening outside the front, a frequaintance () walked past me to walk Penny the dog next door. When he came out with Penny, he was talking to me for a few minutes from across the street. And he asked me if I was alright....he could clearly see that I wasn't. And my friend next door (Penny's mum) also asked me.

Very rare for me to let my distress show. And now I can't help it.
As Mags knows, I am not OK.
I am talking about it though.

Love you dear CW.....huge hugs. (((heart)
Old 04-30-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Awww Suze, big hugs. I get it.
I had some days where I was great then went to tears and emotional. I feel slightly unhinged, to be honest, but can’t identify the feeling. It’s a mixture of sadness and almost a loss of identity without our normal freedoms.Â
I miss my little chats out and about or flying up to see my family. Or just simply going for a walk without people eyeing you suspiciously.
I know it will pass and we just have to get through it. Kind of like that first 90 days, then 12 months, of sobriety. And so I still have those tools, journaling etc. accepting sad feelings are ok and will pass.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:55 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

We all walk here. I don't get why people are funny about that.....exercise is allowed. My sister said the same thing to me yesterday on the phone. I asked how the doggies are and she said they are good, and I am walking them. And she said it defiantly. Are you not allowed to go for walks in Melbourne?

Unhinged is the perfect word. I would like my hinges back.

More love to you and goodnight to you and Dee and Snooz and PJ s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-30-2020, 10:39 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

On Suze, I’d love my hinges back too!Â
Victoria is just more restrictive than other states. Yes we can walk and exercise, but I dunno, not many people are smilers here. Screw em. I keep my 1.5 m distance and smile and say hello. There’s so few cases here, it’s almost like an excuse to be rude unecessarily.
Then you have the toffs down at the rowing club (Yarra etc) fully thinking big chats outside the shed is ok. Guys just stuck to the rules.Â
Qld will be able to travel 50k away from home and have picnics with family from this weekend. Wishing I was in qld with family. But anyways.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:43 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning JulyersÂ
It is strange times, and we all react differently to it. Being in lockdown may sound like heaven to one and sound like hell to another. We all adjust differently.Â

It’s a time when some people may be terrified of their own shadows and some people relish just having their shadow for company.Â

On top of that everyone has their own private battles and lives to deal with.Â

Fortunately for us, we haven’t got alcohol in the mix, life would be so much harder with it.

Taking it one day at a time and not worrying about the future, living here and now in the present, helps me stay grounded.Â

Thinking of you all, special thoughts for Croutie

Keep safe and take care....

Baby steps...one day at a time.

We can get through this. (Whatever THIS is)
Hugs to everyone. xxxxxx
Old 04-30-2020, 11:30 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Naw dear Mags, helping Suze as well as myself. You're an angel sweetheart, you're so dear to us. Thank you xx
Crois it's so lovely to hear from you. I know what you mean about the South Yarra brigade and the like. The rich don't seem to think the rules apply to them, not all of course but a lot. They are so used to be doing what they like and going where they go no questions asked.
Ooh I Hope that didn't sound bitchy.
I wrote on the forum the other day asking for support as I was really struggling badly . Even was having thoughts of drinking .
As usual I got support from those that matter ALWAYS Dee & Suze & Mags as well as lovely strangers. It REALLY helped me.
I went to docs yesterday got flu shot . I spoke to him over the 0h9ne and he said I see have depression and need to either up my medication or change to a new one.
He said it will have to wait a few weeks whilst this madness dies down .So I know help Is on the way . I also am having blood tests for my thyroid as it seems I have the same thing as mum and my brother. Fatigue, like reality bad fatigue. I have been in bed most days during this isolation. Reading , playing scrabble etc .
He said to continue doing what I'm doing and will review in a few weeks, so PJs as usual lol.
I didn't want to post here out 9f respect for Croutie re my problems as opposed to what our beautiful Croutieis going through.
But I realise now , I needed help from you guys and I'm ok now for the time being.
Croutieis news about her husband really affected me as I know how much they adore each other.She has always spoken with so much love for her DH . I'm sure he felt exactly the same way with her.
We love you sweetheart, p,ease keep posting here,. Xxx
Bob how are you and the Fam plus Toby. Are you still getting out for walkies xxx
PJ tell us what's happening in your life too my friend xx
Pete are you going ok xxx
Thanks everyone for your content support

This place has literally been a life saver for me.

Mags you are so special. I hope you know that.

Xxxxx
Old 04-30-2020, 11:39 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Magsie

I’m glad you reached out Snoozy.
 Proud of you lass xx

Thanks Snoozy, but you know, this place (SR) and being sober brings us a family that know us and understand us, we ‘get’ each other, it makes each and every one of us special to each other. xx
Old 05-01-2020, 12:21 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

img safe free image host
Old 05-01-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Here is my beautiful little lonesome chicky. Shaun calls her Hens Solo.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Administrator

We all have that voice that tells us our problems are not as bad as someone elses....
we all feel at times we should just 'snap out of it' ourselves... and none of us want to burden our friends with our crapola...

but everyone has the right and opportunity to post here if they need help Wendy.

I am sure Croutie - and everyone else here - agrees with me on that.

D
Old 05-01-2020, 04:17 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Here is my beautiful little lonesome chicky. Shaun calls her Hens Solo.

Hens Solo......

And aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Thank you all for being here ~ I am incredibly grateful for your friendship.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry Wendy I did not know you were struggling. I saw some weird posts around the tech issue time. I’m glad you spoke to your doc. You will be strengthened by knowing your sober voice screamed out to get help!
Dee is right. We all have the right to post, Croutie knows we love her. Look at our darling Kathy as an example. She didn’t expect people to constantly focus on her. Sometimes I post as a little diary of how I’m feeling, but I read everything too. And offer my way of support if I can.
We’ve been in this thread nearly 7 years. All of us have a right to have this as a “safe space”. Like you - I can’t imagine not having my julyers with me on my path now.Â
Love to all. Those who post, those who don’t and sending hugs.xx
Old 05-01-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Love and goodnight dearest CW. s xx

And all of the Aussies. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx