Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 13

Old 01-03-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and a happy Friday to you.

I'm sorry you have so much to contend with Viper, I hope it all works out.

Good morning Red, I hope all is good with you.

Hi Dee, Suze & Erratic, see you here later hopefully. xxx

Love always. xxx
Old 01-03-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning all

Ahhh my little flat looks like a bomb has gone off in it. Work stuff, all our christmas presents, clothes everywhere lol! Add to that the guinea pigs we are picking up today ahhhhhhhh! I will have a good sort out and clean when Seren goes back to school . It's easier to do when she is not here. Did I mention I was going to be scaling back on AA meetings this month? I just don't feel I need them as much now and it takes a big chunk of my day getting there, the meeting, then home I have alot to sort out here and want to start decorating. I also want to make the most of my yoga membership. I work the steps in my daily life and I will still continue meetings but I got sober to have a life. AA has given me the tools to do that and I have my wonderful SR at my fingertips. I feel so blessed to have found this site. Its literally got everything I need. I am not sure if any of you are aware that under the alcoholism 12 step forum Dave post daily readings from books from AA and also NA which is where I shared that passage on New Years Day (eve?) From. Really beautiful, inspirational stuff. This site is just awesome and I have been on a few!!

So we are going to get the Guinea's this morning and I am actually really excited as they are such cute little things. I use my phone alot on here and cant post pics but will add SR to my new tablet and see if I can do it from there.

Ahhh Daisy, yes you may be right. Bless these kids, bouncing between different homes and different structures. I am going to keep this in mind and go easy on her. They are doing so well under the circumstances. How had your son been by the way? Last time you spoke of him he had got a new job hadn't he?

Erratic, I know what you mean about controlling your eating. Even though I am the opposite, I don't seem to have any control lol. But please try and make sure you are getting some good nutritious food into you. Your body needs it especially now . Alcohol depletes us of so many vitamins and minerals

Big hugs to you Viper.

Gotta get moving xx
Old 01-03-2020, 01:15 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Whoops, I quoted daisy's post earlier and I meant to do vipers post..
Old 01-03-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Omg we have our Guinea's. I am actually so excited and so in love they are both so adorable and whilst my friend has been doing a fab job of looking after them along with her lot, I was so pleased to get them home and partly because its pretty chaotic around there! You have the kids screaming, the tv blaring all day, the baby banging on the cage and throwing their food in at them not to mention being watched by a predatory cat! They are gonna be much safer here lol.

Will try get some pics up soon!

Night
Old 01-03-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

end of day 5 lost it.

spoke to hub and he said what about AA again, not sure still as i have diazpam but helping the actrual craving its just relaxing which i dont want to be sedated just to feel good. not sure what is helping, went back to starving which gave me a buzz and then slept for more than 12hrs. so have said i am going to go to AA meeting on sunday to keep me away in the evening. bust still need something to keep me alive. got books and my reptiles,but dont have daughter or gson or anything. so again struggling. and trying to communicate x

thanks for being here and do really thinking and read ur posts. xx
Old 01-03-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think anything that you can do for your recovery is a good thing erratic.

I'm sorry about the family troubles but drinking will probably only make things worse - I think it's way more likely you can sort things out through staying sober.

D
Old 01-04-2020, 12:38 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks dee i know and am going to keep doing this, last night was a blip and searching for things that may peek my interest. Here is the post i put up in the jan thread, i am still fighting x

so yup day 1 and i have been looking into going back to AA again which hub suggested i should may try again. so looks like defo a sunday, tues and friday i am looking at those meetings but looking at other days which may help aswell. so will see how sunday meeting goes. i am just trying to find something that distract me in the evenings until i can figure away in homing on an interest to do, bah i dont know. so hard to find anything when i have no clue what i want in life, or how to be good to myself. sry for rambling and not making sense this is norm for me.

back later and hope everyone is ok x

i am away to pick up 22 childrens books for 10 pounds which will go with my own collection of my old childhood books which is famous five and secret 7 and some others. always thought daughter may of liked to try read them when she was younger but naw, but hey never know gson and gbaby may like them later on x these are the 60s and 70s collections x hell actually i may start reading them myself again.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe you can do this erratic.
Nichole would say the same, I'm sure

D
Old 01-04-2020, 01:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I believe you can do this erratic.
Nichole would say the same, I'm sure

D
She would say it with the same amount of support and enthusiasm that would come from every AA group around the world combined..
Old 01-04-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Erratic I think that AA sounds like a really good idea!

Awww i love that tou bought those books! My mum still has loads of our old books. She gave me my childrens bible stories and my girls handbook that I had when I was really young and then more of a teenager. In fact, I am going to get that down today and have a look at it. Thanks for the inspiration!!

The guineas seem to be settling in but they are quite skittish although they are a prey animal so it is their natural instinct but once we have them they seem to love the cuddles. I ordered £100 of stuff for them from amazon last night oops! And already looking at getting a bigger "cage" for them although we dint need an actual cage as no cats, dogs or really small children so thinking of a big open space one so they have plenty of room to run around. Boy do they eat! Already nearly through a bag of spinach and kale! I need to take a leaf out of their books . Oops "leaf" pardon the pun!

Off to drip Seren to her friends now as my mate has kindly agreed to have her whilst I try and tidy up some and also got to get fresh pellet food for my piggies.

See you later x x
Old 01-04-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils

I hope you've all had a good Saturday, I didn't get chance to check in last night as we had my step grandson aged 4.5 months sleep over. Had to get up at 3.15 to make a bottle, oh and I'm a bit out of practice at doing that, Iol. He was as good as gold in all fairness but he was very snuffly and I didn't really sleep because I was listening out for him.

Glad you got your guinea's at last Suze, still can't believe you've got pets though, I saw the pics on fb and they are sooo cute. I bet they are relieved to leave all that racket too and you are already pampering them, lol. Seren must be very excited.
You're right about this site, there is so much to read here, so many options, it's probably the best site I've ever been on and the support is phenomenal.

Hi Red, how's it going with you? I noticed you quoted my post but no worries, I'm sure Viper will know what you meant.

Awww Erratic, bit hugs love, you did so well to get to day 5, but at least you've got right back on the wagon again which is good. Would your husband consider going to A.A meetings with you? I'm only thinking the support might help. Do you like doing any kind of craft work that could keep you busy in the evenings, I know you've got a new baby g.child coming in the summer, so just wondering if you could knit blankets for it or anything like that? Also you used to go to the gym and enjoy it, is that an option for you? Get fit and healthy for summer.
I've got the collection of famous fives and secret 7's, I loved them as a child. I've read a couple of them to my g,son and he enjoyed them though some of the words are a bit old fashioned now. Quite funny as they refer to 'gay' meaning bright and cheerful ( as it was when I was a child) and when I was reading to my g.son he thought it meant the other version and was both shocked and greatly amused.

You're right Dee, Nichole would say the same, probably followed by something like, 'you can freakin' do it and have a freakin' amazing life.'

Going to bed in a minute so goodnight all.

Love always xx
Old 01-04-2020, 05:49 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Im currently reading my neices The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton and the language is so old that as I read I've had to swap it out for words that they understand, like you say Daisy gay means bright and cheerful but as we don't use it like that anymore I've had to replace words, I've also had to do this withy stepson as I'm reading him the narnia chronicles and that language isn't recognisable for an 8 year old lol
Old 01-05-2020, 01:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils.

Morning Erratic, I hope you're okay, I think you may be in work now. If so, I hope all your customers are nice ones. xxx

Hi Red, I love seeing you here. I hope all is good with you. I can't remember reading 'the enchanted wood' though I'm sure I must have done. I know the Narnia Chronicles well though,they are really good to read and it's good of you to read them to your stepson.

Back later, I'm off to peruse. xx
Old 01-05-2020, 03:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

End of my weekend here and what a weekend...
I had to pick my sister and neices up from her friends house on Sat morning as Friday night, my sisters bday, her drunk abusive boyfriend lost the plot at her and she had to get her friend to come get her and the kids late at night, so I picked them up the next day and now they are staying at my house for a few days.. I had to go and buy them all clothes and things they needed.. I pray like crazy she doesn't go back to him, I told her the only way she can guarantee that it won't happen again is to not go back as you can never force someone to give up booze, hopefully she listens.. I don't want that for my neices, they have already been through enough.
So it's very sobering and it also was great that I'm sober because I could be there and help out the best I could and not get agitated and grumpy.
One thing I realise is that the further I get away from booze then the less things irritate me and the more patience I have and the
​​​more I don't mind the kids being around as they don't interfere with my drinking time now..
So hope you are all well.. And you Erratic, I hope you are OK?
Much love
Nicola
Old 01-05-2020, 01:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Last night when I was setting my alarm for the morning to get up for work, it struck me pretty hard how I will never wake up to get a msg from Nichole ever again
I think this will take more time to get used to than I thought..
Old 01-05-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBi...Y2wLqb&index=1

my first tape which had before U2 LPs

used to fight with hub who actaully knew rush and bought it lol. love this album of permanent waves

just listening just now as yup going to be another day 1 this time was hub wanting to drink, so do that and usual im to blame. spoke to old sisters freind today and told me on what happened her part,. been told to leave it, thinkning of going up to house to help or prob lol get arrested .
Old 01-05-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you have to drink when your husband drinks, erratic?

D
Old 01-05-2020, 04:51 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Evening April's
, well morning really as it has gone midnight here. Anyway whatever time it is for you all, hello.

Oh Red that sounds awful. Thank God you are sober today to be able to help out . That's terrible for the children. I am so grateful that God willing and ODAAT my daughter's life will never be disrupted because of alcohol.

Erratic, how does your husband feel about you drinking? If he is it alcoholic then he should be able to take it or leave it,, is he willing to not drink around you to support you? If he isn't willing then as hard as it may be, you just need to concentrate on staying sober yourself. Maybe get to meetings in the evening? Re your sister and sister's friend.... well I find it best to stay out of others dramas nowadays!!

My news... ok I have gone crazy. We are having a guinea pig epidemic in my town. Me and a friend of mine were taking the kids to the park for some fresh air and we decided to pop onto pets at home because since her girls met our other friends gii was and now we have them they are desperate! So we went in to have a look and theu came pit with 2 babies and errrr... so did we. Whoops! Yep that's right we now have 4 Guinea's. 2 6 month old girls and 2 baby girls. So the 2 we brought home today, one is very timid and has hidden all day but the one Seren chose , wow, it is so tame! I couldn't separate them. She is just over the moon. She loves the others but this is her baby and because it sits on her no fuss and let's her carry it around she is just on cloud 9. If I ever had 2nd thoughts her little face tonight... I think they will be great for my recovery too. I have already spent sooo much money on them. Have ordered a big open indoor cage which isnt a cage, I've got them these little warm cosy beds to sleep in, toys, treats, tunnels. My 2 bigger ones adore kale and spinach. And parsley! They arent so keen on fruit so far. I am gonna keep the parsley for treats and only give it to them when they are on our laps so they associate it with cuddles! Sorry I wont keep boring you with them I am just so excited about them. I love them!

Just about to go to sleep , have been watching an episode of a programme on Netflix called Black Spot. It's a French drama and it is bloody brilliant. Back to school tomorrow.

thinking of Nichole and praying for rain for Australia. It is so sad what is happening.

Lots of love all

❤🙏❤🙏
Old 01-05-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to keep guinea pigs - one at a time tho LOL

D
Old 01-05-2020, 05:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils, just doing my usual bedtime check in. I've been very productive today and de-cluttered and cleaned out my airing cupboard in the bathroom O.M.G you wouldn't believe how much cr*p was in there. I've decided that I'm going on a de-cluttering mission and getting rid of everything I don't wear, use or want in the house anymore. It'll take a while but I'll just plod through it bit by bit.

Big hugs Red, that's awful what happened to your sister and her children. It was so kind of you to go and get them and to put them up at yours, plus buying stuff for them. I hope your sister does listen to you and doesn't take the children back there. You are a good woman and you have such a lot on your plate right now as it is.
I find it strange checking in here and there are no posts from Nichole. I miss them and I'm glad you are here.

Thanks for the music Erratic, that's a proper blast from the past. I like your taste.
I'm sorry you're drinking again. Please don't be offended by what I say here because no offence is meant but maybe your husband could give you more support, does he understand how difficult it is for you when he drinks, surely he knows that you are under the hospital and are supposed to be detoxing. Would it help to sit him down and talk to him seriously about how hard you are finding life right now, or is he one of those men who buries his head in the sand and pretends all is okay like my husband does when he needs to step up?
I'm sorry about your sister, it must be very difficult but I think you've got enough to worry about at the minute, you certainly don't need the drama.

SUZE!!!! Aren't you the person who not all that long ago was saying that you didn't want any pets, thank you very much O.M.G I can't believe what I've read. You actually now have 4 cute guinea pigs, I hope they are all girls, lol.
Your not boring me going on about them, I love it, you are really making me laugh out loud.

My continued thoughts and prayers are with everybody and everything affected by the terrible fires in Australia.

My school runs start back in the morning ( or should I say today) , the eldest g.son ( aka young Sheldon) is back at school tomorrow, the other two are back on Tuesday.

Night night, love always xxx