As Bill Sees It, p. 284

A New year: 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600
minutes--a time to consider directions, goals, and actions. I must
make some plans to live a normal life, but also I must live emotionally
within a twenty-four hour frame, for if I do, I don't have to make
New Year's resolutions! I can make every day a New Year's day! I
can decide, "Today I will do this . . . Today I will do that." Each day
I can measure my life by trying to a little better, by deciding to follow
God's will and making an effort to put the principles of our A.A.
program into action.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi lovelies.

May will be here before you know it Red, visiting Edinburgh will be something good for you to look forward to.

G'night Erratic, sleep well, tomorrow's a new day.

Hey Suze, my resolution for 2020 is to continue working on being a better person, in every way I can. Thank you for that inspiring share. xx

Viper, I hope 2020 is kind to you.

Happy new year Dee, it's strange to think that we've been in different decades today.

G.night all.

Love always. xxx
Old 12-31-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi folks! Thank you all. Red, Daisy, Dee everyone. Red join up with us 😁.

Suze, thanks for sharing the big book. You know very well that I am terrified of the future and filled with regret. It doesn’t help.

It was a hard one for me today with my anxiety and all. Dad’s gonna be released from the Hospital tomorrow and go a nursing rehab in town for a while. Maybe a couple of weeks. I’m hoping things go really well. Last night I went to the hospital it was terrible to see him like that. Today I called and he knew instantly when I said ‘hi,’ who it was. Big difference. He’s drugged.

I’m hitting a point I never wanted to be at.

A change at The Clinic is all I can hope for and a life after that. At least the accident here doesn’t prevent me from leaving to the Clinic.

2019 was supposed to be The Year of Viper. Maybe 2020. 😐 Things got so bad when I quit drinking. I don’t know why I don’t want to drink. It just shut off like a switch. The Trauma and anxiety reactions went out of control without it, and with it my physical health. Hmmmmmmm

It might not be until tomorrow but technically, day wise, I think it’s 18 MONTHS sober.

V

Viper
Old 12-31-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good to see you posting Viper and it's probably good for you to write your feeling down. I hope everything goes well for your dad, bless him.
I hope that 2020 is your year, your decade. 18 months is amazing, taking into account all you've been through, you've done yourself proud and you really are stronger than you know.
Look after yourself. xx
Old 12-31-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope 2020 is the best year ever for all of us
D
Old 12-31-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Viper - I think I'm gonna hang around a bit.. Our girl Nichole is propelling me forth right now, I know that won't last and I will need to make a plan soon but for now it's working..
I want to honour her memory and her struggle by doing this, even though essentially I'm doing it for myself, I'm carrying her beside me..

Daisy - I'm going to walk part of the camino de Santiago with my mum and then go to Scotland back to where my grandfather is from on the Isle of islay, it will be the whiskey festival at the time, thank gosh I hate whiskey and then to visit what is in my eyes on of the most beautiful cities in the world..

I hope everyone's new years day is wonderful..
As she would say - hope your days freaking amazing..
Old 12-31-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Happy new year x

slept for 12 hrs and yup the new day has arrived x
thanks for the reflection quote snitch i actually i have the book on my book shelf maybe take it down sometime.

anwyay another sober day

thinking of you all xx
Old 01-01-2020, 01:18 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely people, just a quick check in from me, got a busy day ahead. It's my turn to do a family buffet today so I've lots to do.

I'm glad you're going to stick around Red, we can support you, you can support us, you can never have too much of that wherever you are on the recovery road.
I'm very envious of you doing that walk, I would love to do that. What parts of Spain will you be walking through, is it the North? My live in G.son was born in Spain and his mum lives there. You've got some amazing memories to make this year, be good to make them sober and to remember it all. You can do it.

Morning Erratic, that was some sleep, you must have needed it. Have a good day, whatever you do. Take care.

Back some time later

Love always xx
Old 01-01-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say goodnight. I hope you've all had a good day.

Love always. xx
Old 01-01-2020, 08:57 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in before work x

had another hard day again with out alcohol, had no interest in talking or even eating , so was shame for hub as i basically left him alone all day and then went off to my bed at 4pm and just went to sleep. guess i need to work on a few things to at least engage in talk with him and daughter. will see how things go today, least another sober day in the bag.

hope u all have a nice 1st jan x dee how is it over where u are? keep hearing that things are getting worse x
Old 01-01-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

No problems where I am erratic.
I hope you'll start feeling better soon.

D
Old 01-02-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, all quiet here.

I'm sorry you're not feeling your best Erratic, those first few days, or even weeks are hard going. Just stay focused and work through it the best you can, you've been here before and you know it's par for the course. I'm sure your husband realises that but if you can, maybe tell him how you're feeling. Get through work the best way you can and hopefully you'll be feeling at least a bit better later. Lots of love to you.

I'm glad you're not too near the fires Dee, from what I've heard and seen on the t.v, they are horrendous.

Prayers for all those affected by the fires in Australia.

Love always. xx
Old 01-02-2020, 01:11 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Happy New year to you all.

My flight was delayed back from Boston and then when we arrived we had to wait an hour and a half for our bags as the cargo door was frozen. Instead of getting the 7.20 coach I had to get the 9.15 and was absolutely exhausted when I got back to my folks. But you know what , if that is my biggest problem today then I am not doing too badly as there are alot worse off. I found out last night from one of my work groups I am on that there was an horrendous car/lorry crash near Heathrow that involved 4 BA cabin crew staff, killing 4 of them and leaving the 4th in a critical condition in hospital. They were only 25, 23 and 20. Insaw the picture of the car. Totally mangled. They would have not stood a chance. I am praying for the female who is in hospital.

Going home today and getting Seren back. Will make sure to give her an extra big squeeze. The parents of my colleagues will never be able to do that to their children again.

Sorry if this is a bit morbid. I once again life proves how fragile it is and yet another reminder to me to remain forever grateful for what I have.

Back later
🙏❤
Old 01-02-2020, 01:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Today I spent a lot thinking of our dearly departed Nichole.
I went for a walk through some native NZ Bush that is so gorgeous, the sound of the tui singing is enough toake the heart sing and some of the trees are far older than when the British 1st settled.. I have been through many countries but no other country has bushland like my home..i wish she could've come to experience this 1st hand..

PS. Excuse the phone cover encroaching on the photo lol
​​​​​​.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about your BA workmates Suze.

great pics Red

D
Old 01-02-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

came home from work which it was a distraction until lunch time came and when i finished everything overwhelmed me and took myself to bed again, i cant keep managing these cravings and emotions sleeping forever and also refusing to eat to keep in control. sry in bad head space still about alcohol and everything.

sry to hear about ur work mates snitch x defo extra hug for ur daughter.
viper thanks for those pics they are lovely x i still think of nichole also x
thanks daisy and dee x

anyway thats me, prob head back to bed soon, got another shift at work tomo.

hope everyone day is ok xx thinking of you all x
Old 01-02-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Lovely pictures Red.

Thanks for the condolences Dee and Erratic. I dod not know them personally but it's still very close to home.

Have had a bit of a challenging afternoon with Seren. She was so lovely and excited when I picked her up and within minutes of getting her home she had a real meltdown plus another two later on but the first was rhe worst. My mum thinks it is someway of getting my attention after I have been away working. I don't know. She has been back to her "normal" and lovely self for the last couple hours before bed . I wonder if it's the changeover between being with her dad and then coming back? I really don't know but everything I tried to do during the 1st one wasn't working and tbe thought of going to buy a bottle of wine quickly crossed my mind but disappeared as quick as it came. I think it is still the old receptors playing up but it was so fleeting it was hardly anything.

Well done Erratic for starting a sober year. Take it easy on yourself. Going to bed early or for daytime naps was a lifesaver for me in tbe early days. Maybe just explain to your hubby that you may be grouchy and not wanting to talk much at the moment. I think that Is pretty common on the early days as we are starving our body and minds from our addicted substance.

Going to bed now.

night all
Old 01-02-2020, 04:56 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about your work colleagues Suze, what an awful start to the new year. We are so blessed.
I think your mum could be right re Seren doing a bit of attention seeking, I have the same thing exactly with my g.son when he's spent time with his dad. He's like a child possessed but it does pass.

Red, thank you so much for sharing your photo's, they are lovely. Nichole would have loved your bushland but she is there in spirit. xx

I'm sorry you're still feeling rough Erratic, but it is very early days yet and your whole system is working hard to get used to having no alcohol. It does get easier, try and stick with it, it will pass.

Have a good day Dee.

Back tomorrow,
Love always xxx
Old 01-02-2020, 07:04 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi folks. California is rapidly approaching. I’ve got to run out and get some things tomorrow. I’m thinking a new sweatshirt and sweatpants I can ‘live in’ there that are cozy. I need shorts and stuff for the gym and sauna (they have a YMCA gym across the street and I’m a member). Little personal care items etc.

Red do you need a roommate????? Honestly, since we have no other Americans in the group I don’t think I’ll ruffle any feathers, ummmm when I say The States... yeah. I’m so finished with it. Ooooooffff. At least my State in particular.

My father’s recovery is not going on schedule to say the least. They keep giving him blood. He has a lot of bruising from internal bleeding, and his blood cell counts are off. The hospital is not releasing him to the rehab. That was supposed to be the day after surgery. I went there today and he’s reaching for things in the air at, “big flying black things.” He’s delirious. I guess this stuff heals and the delirium abates, but this is rough. He did eat a big dinner on his own.

My mother is impossible to deal with. The level of care she needs is like basically nursing home level. It’s been out of control.

This stress is high here. There’s all kinds of undue pressure on the success of the Clinic I’m going to because this house is coming to an end and I’ve been so sick, and dependent on my father financially. I mean he could die this week. He isn’t healing up. He’s weak. A new beginning is necessary for me.

ok just checking in.

VIPE 🐍
Old 01-02-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
I'm so sorry about your work colleagues Suze, what an awful start to the new year. We are so blessed.
I think your mum could be right re Seren doing a bit of attention seeking, I have the same thing exactly with my g.son when he's spent time with his dad. He's like a child possessed but it does pass.

Red, thank you so much for sharing your photo's, they are lovely. Nichole would have loved your bushland but she is there in spirit. xx

I'm sorry you're still feeling rough Erratic, but it is very early days yet and your whole system is working hard to get used to having no alcohol. It does get easier, try and stick with it, it will pass.

Have a good day Dee.

Back tomorrow,
Love always xxx
Viper - are you unwell yourself? Sorry for being nosy but I think I'm missing a peice of a puzzle, you say you are going to a clinic?