Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 13

Old 04-05-2020, 01:40 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a good Sunday to you.

Suze, ((())) massive hugs to you. Of course you're terrified of what your mum's results are going to be, you'd be an odd one if you weren't. The thing is though there are a lot of things it could be, besides cancer. I know when Mr D.B had pneumonia he was coughing up blood for a good while ( sorry t.m.i I know). There are also lots of other things it could be, but the doctor is following the correct procedure bearing in mind your mums history, he has to be thorough. If it is the worst case scenario and your mum's cancer has returned ( I'm praying that it hasn't) it doesn't mean that it can't be treated, there is so much they can do these days. Right now, as hard as it is, your mum and your dad need you to be strong, stronger than you've ever been, even though you may feel like you're falling apart inside. You can do this for them.
You are not a cr*p mum, you are a very good, loving and caring mum, that shines out from every post you write, she is your world.
You are a good person too and your parents love you as you do them.
You're stronger than you know. We love you.

Back later. Love to all of you and stay safe. xxx
Old 04-05-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, Erratoc and Daishy for your kind words and your wisdom.

Happy to report am feeling in a better headspace today.

My mum has treated positive for the corona virus. Wasn't expecting that but in a way I felt relief. Although the tests for cancer wont be back till tomorrow and the virus isn't a good thing to have obviously but I was getting myself in a state yesterday thinking she may have stage 4 breast cancer. She is doing good though, she isnt on a ventilator, her oxygen levels are good, she has an appetite and normal temperature. So that's all positive and I am going to cling on to that as I don't want to be where I was yesterday. Absolutely zero desire to drink however I did pop to the shops this e being for chocolate and sweets hahah. Eff it, it's better than drinking.

Thank you all for being there. I hope you are all doing well too

Xxxx
Old 04-05-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Suze, I'm so sorry that your mum has the virus, but it does sound like she's doing well and that's good news. I shall pray that it's good news tomorrow too.

Lots of love to you. xxx
Old 04-05-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hoping for more good news about your mum Snitch

Hope everyone else is well - I am fine

D
Old 04-05-2020, 06:36 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.. I just thought I would share this picture with you..
It's the final resting place of our dear friend Nichole, a living urn that is a cherry willow..

I haven't read any posts except for picking up that your mum is unwell Snitch, I am very sorry to hear this.. I hope and pray that she will be ok..

Much love
Nic
​​​​​
Old 04-05-2020, 06:39 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Newbie question

What do all the different “part” mean- for example “part 6” at the end of a title?
Thanks!
Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Hi everyone.. I just thought I would share this picture with you..
It's the final resting place of our dear friend Nichole, a living urn that is a cherry willow..

I haven't read any posts except for picking up that your mum is unwell Snitch, I am very sorry to hear this.. I hope and pray that she will be ok..

Much love
Nic
​​​​​
RIP Nichole.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:00 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Daisy,

Congratulations on two years. You’re an inspiration to so many and for so many reasons.

JT x
Old 04-05-2020, 10:37 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by newhope3 View Post
What do all the different “part” mean- for example “part 6” at the end of a title?
Thanks!
we close each 'part' at about 500 posts, then start a new one.
Threads get unwieldy if they're too big

D
Old 04-05-2020, 10:41 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing that Red- good to 'see'you back
Old 04-05-2020, 11:14 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

well its the 6th april! daisy! xxx

well done on 2years being sober xxxxxx as toni said your an insperation to alot of people hun xx

snitch really sry to hear about ur mum having this virus, but good that her temp is down and has an appitite i do hope she pulls through this so she is still in out thoughts xx glad ur a bit more mentaly up xx

good to see u red, thanks for the picture of nicholex resting place xx

hope ur ok viper here thinking of you also xx

i am not doing the best with not drinking im afraid, and my head is also a mess. that chest thing also got cancelled so missed out on that but hey ho, guess that serves me right. sry better stop there as i will just moan on about me being waste of space, i am not looking for sympathy as its my fault i am drinking grr see still moaning.

right catch up with u all later have good day if u can x keep safe
Old 04-05-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you stop erratic- this pandemic is one thing drinking can't make better and may ,make much much worse?

Congrats on 2 years Daisy

D
Old 04-06-2020, 01:03 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, I wasn't going to say a word about it, but you beat me to it. Thank you all so very much for your kind words about my 2 years sobriety and for being on this journey with me. I couldn't have got this far without you. I can truthfully say that staying sober is the best thing I've ever done for myself.....and my family. I really do believe that I can do this.

Congratulations to you also Dee, it's an honour to share this date with you, you're a good act to follow. Thank you for your never ending support and wisdom.

Thank you Red for sharing that photo of Nichole's final resting place. It's beautiful and very typical of Nichole. May she rest in peace.

Oh my gosh J.T, thank you, I can't tell you how much it's made my day to see you here, wow, I can't believe you've remembered. Thank you so very, very much. xxx

Hello Newhope, keep fighting the good fight.

G. morning Erratic and thank you very much. I'm sorry you're not in a good place right now with your drinking but please, just don't ever, ever, ever stop trying. I firmly believe that you can and will stop.

Prayers for your mum today Suze. xxxx

Back later, much love to all of you, stay safe and remember to wash your hands.

Thank you. xxx
Old 04-06-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Congratulations Daisy. So , so proud of you my lovely ❤🙏❤🙏
Old 04-06-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Great job Daisy! 💜💜💕💕

I’m doing the best I can. I guess I need to pick up my dads ashes??? WTF? It’s one anxiety inducing thing after another.

The living urn, yes that’s what we’re doing with my dads ashes too. Having a company mix with soil and put a tree in the pot to plant. I dunno, he loved the ocean, was always sailing. Could just as easily drop in the sea. Whatever.

ok just checking in

V

Old 04-06-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze so very much. I hope all is well. xx

Thank you Viper, your kind words mean a lot especially when you have so much to contend with at the moment. Take care. x

Good night, stay safe. I hope to see you all here tomorrow. xx
Old 04-06-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi everyone

new thread time
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-14-a.html (Class of April 2018 Part 14)