Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 13

Old 03-17-2020, 07:55 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x

glad u got to post snitch x

im having to go down to daughters tomo night as she is not doing to well at all with these antibiotic tablets and is being sick all the time. her mood is lowering everyday and she is getting sick of things, so had her on phone this morn in tears again, so going down to help out with willem so she can maybe get to hospital to get something sorted. The other grandad has started to be ill and the young daughter has just gotten over whatever for past 11 days and still is not out of the woods so they cant help out with grandson as they cant have him getting ill and then daughter is ill also anyway, so, phoned my boss told him i have to go, so there we go.

will take my laptop with me and try to keep intouch after tomo night x

here thinking of you all, take care xx
Old 03-17-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hope you're all okay and staying strong during these weird and difficult times.
My wayward son was back at the hospital this evening, his doctor sent him for a blood test for a pulmonary embolism as he still feels breathless after his op 4 weeks ago. I took him for the test this morning and this afternoon he got a call from his doctor saying it had come back positive and for him to go straight to the hospital for an X-ray and CT scan. I picked him up and gave him a lift to the hospital, the X-ray was clear, but they gave him an anticoagulant injection in his stomach and have given him 5 injections to do himself at home over the next 5 days. He has to go back tomorrow for a CT scan.
Looks like he has also lost his job, big sigh. His boss has asked him to go in for a meeting and it doesn't bode well from what he said, he was on a 3 months probationary period which ended today, but apparently even though he has doctor's notes covering his sickness, they can still sack him. I've told him to speak to C.A.B about it.
Oh and just to top it all Mr D.B's asthma is bad and he has been told to self isolate! Never rains but it pours!

I can only imagine how work must be worrying Suze, it must be very unsettling but I'm glad that you are staying strong and keeping positive, it's the only way to be.
Schools here are still open, but I have a feeling that they will be closed by the end of the week, we'll see anyway.
Glad you enjoyed your meeting and you are definitely winning in the battle against the AV.

Take good care of yourself Dee in all this madness. Don't want you falling ill.x

Oh my goodness Erratic , you're having a right old time of it too. I'm sure your daughter will be very glad of the help you'll give her, don't forget to look after you too. Lots of love to you and your daughter.

Back tomorrow

Love always xxx
Old 03-17-2020, 11:55 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x

thanks daisy x i am sry to hear about ur son and also mr db having to isolate, that may have to come for my daughters partner he has asthma aswell but he is still working just now. does that mean u will have to isolate aswell daisy?

on a dark humour side, i am injoying the new series of the walking dead just now, maybe take some notes on how they cope lol jk

on a good note i will be sober while there so thats a plus and will help me loads to crack the cycle i am in. the way things are going is that i wont be seeing my alcohol guy for a while or my cpn as they will be told to work from home, but as my alcohol guy said well we cant take patients home can we? so everything is up in the air with the hospital and looks like the group will not go ahead. anyway better pop off got long day ahead of for myself, wont be getting into leeds until 1am and still got to pack and all that kind of stuff. i do hope i get a taxi when i arrive.

keep chins up xxx will speak to again soon as, hey viper i am thinking of you and hope to hear from u soon if u can xxxx
Old 03-18-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of people will use this time to break the alcohol cycle Erratic

My asthma's not the best either but I feel pretty good now I'm over my cold.
Hope Mr DB is ok!

Snitch and Vipe hope you're ok

D
Old 03-18-2020, 05:44 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hi, I hope you're all okay, staying strong and keeping safe in these strange circumstances.
My w.w sons test results were negative, thankfully he doesn't have a pulmonary embolism though he does have to have the anti-coagulation injections for 5 days. Also his work place has decided to extend his probationary period, because he has to isolate for 12 weeks as he is high risk, I think the Government advice re employment regulations has put the company in a position whereby they have to be careful. I'm pleased about that.

Mr D.B is okay Erratic thank you, he has asthma, the doctor knows it's his asthma and told him to self isolate for his own protection. I'm okay to carry on as normal and fingers crossed it stays that way. Difficult and strange times for us all.
Ha ha, some mornings I look like the walking dead, I don't need to take notes, it comes naturally, lol.
I hope all goes well on your visit with your daughter, she'll be happy to see you. Make sure you look after you too. Keep us posted.

Thanks Dee, he's okay, he's had far worst chest infections, just got to be sensible and take the necessary precautions. I hope you are looking after yourself too.

Viper, if you're reading this, please know that you and your family are in my thoughts at this difficult time.

I hope you're okay too Suze, I think I remember you saying you were flying somewhere. Take care.

Goodnight to you all, love always. xx
Old 03-18-2020, 06:32 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here DB
Old 03-19-2020, 05:43 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hello comrades.

I am in Dubai and guess what? We were all tested for the corona virus when we landed!! I believe it costs about £400 (ish) to be privately tested at home so am quite pleased. It was however, not a pleasant experience!! The woman testing (in full body contagion style uniform) stuck a long cotton swab as far up my nose as she could get. Ouch! I screamed and grabbed her hand. A bit of a warning would have been nice. It was very painful! The results could take over 6 hours and we were told to expect a phone call only of we teated positive. In the mean time we are allowed out of the hotel and shops and malls are open so great, we've been tested but we may still be infecting people as we have no idea if we are carriers or not! Crazy! If we do test positive we have to be isolated for 14 days which I am really praying wont be the case for me as I have only got 4 pairs of knickers with me and I can't possibly leave my guinea pigs for that long 🤣🤣

Our flight went from pretty much full to only 17 passengers as Visas were revoked by Dubao government. We still had all the food and all the space though so we ate and slept well. Easiest flight ever! Dubai has **** its borders now so I will imagine the crew bringing the aircraft in tonight will just stay on board and go back as passengers and we will operate home. Looks like my flight on wednesday to LA has been cancelled but who knows if it will stay that way. I am just keeping things in the day.

Daisy I am glad to hear good news re your son both with his condition and his job. Make sure you take care of yourself and MR DB too!!

Erratic, I bet your daughter is glad you are with her. No matter how old we get we still need our mums!

Dee, keep safe too!

Vipe? Check on buddy!!

Seren's last day at school is Friday. I am looking forward to tbe weekend especially as we are both off monday . I have leave and don't have to get up for the school run yey. We are planning on going to my parents as we haven't seen them for a good few weeks.

I am feeling pretty positive at the minute. One crew member on my flight kept going on about going for a drink and taking alcohol off the aircraft. He was like have you got your wine?? Have you got your wine? I said no and he was like you can bring it in her you know? I said yes I know. I haven't got any cos I dont drink. Ffs! I stocked up on english breakfast teabags and coke zero instead 🙂🙂
Old 03-19-2020, 11:28 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hey my family!!! I’m very sorry I haven’t checked in. Thank you for the concern.

I turned 50. I put a deposit down for a tattoo on my birthday with an old school, biker dude, tattoo artist in the area. He’s a sweetheart old guy now. Just something modest for left inner wrist/forearm to balance out the one on my right arm. At this point I don’t even care anymore.

I feel awful my mom is alone in a home that’s locked down. My dad is sometimes coherent, on hospice at home. I can’t look at it.

I’m talking to that girl I mentioned a lot now. The one I asked out. We like each other. There are some things I’m leery about, but I’ll protect ME above all else. She’s arranging a meetup for dinner at her house, but now the virus has my family freaking out and I don’t know how I would pull it off.

Honestly, again I’m more worried about me than anyone else right now. I’m living with my sister 🙄. It’s a $**+ show half the time. They argue a lot here. And then are simply fine. Things blow up and then everyone acts normal. This happens many times a day. My anxiety spikes every time.

My sister was literally smashing things, breaking glass, going nuts 2 nights ago. Whenever she walks in I’m feel like a scared dog. All of this takes place around me. She’s constantly lecturing everyone like they are 2 year olds, including me. It’s either the nice person, or raging evil banshee, or the lecturing superiority complex personality. I swear she’s a ‘borderline personality’ or something.

I had enough of this crap with my father.

I’m in touch with a school to become an Integrative Nutritionist. I’ve ‘cured’ myself up with diet, used food as medicine, overcome addiction, I know how a toxic environment makes a person sick, and more. I didn’t read it in a book, I lived it all. That makes me uniquely qualified. The thing I’m missing is a desire or confidence to go out there and sell myself. I hate that crap. Unfortunately if a person wants clients they need to do that. They need an extra job where they meet people who will pay for this kind of thing. I really would like to do that program, but it’s a decent amount of money to pay.

Plus if you are on benefits here, the State has about 60 Programs that are federally funded through the community college system. They are either free or have a ton of assistance. It’s things like Certified Nurses Aid (I would not do that), Computer certifications that include programming and physical networking. Security Guard, Computer Aided Drafting, and a lot more. There’s several I would do. You can only ever do one, so I’d have to pick one a good one. All schools are shut down anyway.

The Nutrition Coach thing is all online. I can’t see myself as a ‘coach’ like therapist. That’s a problem. The fact is, I’m out for me and me alone at this point. I need the best way to get money. At least half of these coaches work online though so it fits with my desire to be a digital commuter from ‘Brazil’... for instance.

Im doing twice a week with my therapist, but my sister is butting in to one of them every week and I just sit there like a dog. Totally disassociated. Like I’m not in the room.

OK, well I can’t catch up right now. I’ll check back soon.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:23 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils, it's a late check in from me, first chance I've had today. Just like everyone else, I'm baffled and bewildered by what going on in the world right now and there is so much conflicting advice and information being given, it's crazy. The schools all close tomorrow, possibly until September, apart from a few special schools which need to remain open. I'll feel sorry for my g.daughter if they remain closed until September as she's in year 6, the last year in primary school and will miss all the fun and celebrations they usually have in the last term, plus she'll miss her class activity holiday to Conwy in Wales, the visits to the high school and the leaving party, it'll be such a shame, she's been looking forward so much to all of this, but so have all her class, it's sad.

Ouch Suze, I don't like the sound of that test, it made my eyes water reading about it, I hope you're clear and if not, well you'll just have to wash your knickers in the hotel shower stuff and lay them out on the balcony to dry
and I'm sure someone would feed your piggies for you. I have a feeling that it won't come to that though.
Thanks for your kind words re my son, I really do hope it all works out for him. I deserve it to.
Have a safe journey home. xx

Hi Viper and a happy, belated 50th birthday to you. I'm so glad you've checked in, I was on the verge of sending our Suze out to get you.`
I'm so sorry about your parents, it's hard I know.
Good news though that you are talking to 'that' girl and I hope you manage to meet up for dinner. You'll figure it out, about what you want to do in the future and I wish you luck.
Take care and come back soon. xx
Old 03-19-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay safe everyone and happy belated birthday Viper

D
Old 03-19-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Aww Daisy, yes that would be a real shame for your granddaughter to miss all of those celebrations 😔 This is just my own personal opinion but I really believe that this won't last very long. Wuhan are already reporting no new cases. Using anti malaria drugs and others have shown to be effective. I don't know how true this is but someone told me that high dosage vitamin C helps in not contracting it in the 1st place. That may be complete rubbish but I take a vit c and zinc tablet in water daily. It's good for you anyway so can't hurt. I think we will fight this off. Praying so anyway.

whatever is doing on in the world my primary purpose is to stay sober. Otherwise it is game over for me, corona virus or not. God knows how much money I would be spending now stocking up in wine in case we went into isolation! Although saying that, if I hadn't stopped when I did I don't believe I would be here now anyway. I also feel like I an have faith back in my HP. I have been finding peace in that

Oh, looks like I am all clear then for the virus. Now just to get gome without getting it lol. im not particularly worried. I dont get too close to people and I am constantly washing my hands. I am not sure how busy we are today, it will be what it will be.

Glad you checked in Viper . Happy 50th old chap 🥳😂

Take care all of you.

Thinking of Nichole ❤
Old 03-20-2020, 02:05 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn x

good to see u posting viper x
glad ur test came back negative snitchx
daisy thats good news on ur son x

not much to say just helping about and waiting for doc to phone daughter back about the anti biotics and whats to be done. we have been shopping and tried to get what we needed, looks like u have to go early to get at least some milk or bread. seems to be a short or to late to get any chicken at all, was able to get some expensive steak thats all. found out also there will be cut back on timetable with the trains, i have booked now my ticket to go back up but will see if that goes ahead or not, so just playing it by day. great to see gson, what a change in him lol .

anyhoo i better get off again, also i am sober x
Old 03-20-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Good morning all and it's a gorgeous spring like day out there, makes me feel better to see a bit of sun. My daughter went into work late this morning ( she works in the local hosp) as she wanted to take our Amber ( my g.daughter) to school with it possibly being her last day, so I only had my live in one to take, I thought I'd leave early and stop at Lidl to buy some flowers for his teacher but when I got there the queues were absolutely ridiculous, greedy, selfish people with huge trolley fulls of stuff they've probably already got a stock of. Makes me mad. I didn't have the time to wait that long so I left it.

Thanks Dee and stay safe yourself too, look after that chest.

Suze, we will fight this off, 'this too shall pass' as they say and if we can get through all this without picking up a drink, we can get through anything. We will do it.

Morning Erratic, I hope you managed to get what you needed, I managed to get some milk so I'm okay for my cups of tea. There's no chicken or eggs to found here at the moment either.
Great news that you're sober, keep it up.

Back later, stay safe all of you. Love always. xx
Old 03-21-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils

Stay safe and take care.

Much love to you all. xxx
Old 03-21-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x

nothing much to report again, daughter got told to come off antibiotics and guess means if she gets infection is she has to go into hospital again for iv treament. got to take one of there cats to vet as funny enough she has some sort of urine infection also! which said lets get it done, so got appointment with vet this morning.

another day sober, did get bit tetchy yesterday near end of day so i went to bed early and just read and took my anti d and a diazpam to just relaxe me. been keeping a check on trains and i really think i am going to have a problem getting home. will see and try to keep positive that it will be fine.

so will leave it on that note for now, have a good day and keep safe x
Old 03-21-2020, 02:22 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing everyone well

D
Old 03-21-2020, 04:09 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hello all

Ugh been feelng a bit down in the dumps today. I feel I have kind of been in a bubble about what has been going on and now I am back home it is kind of hitting me. I went to the supermarket today and it made me feel sad to see the shelves empty. Facebook is awash with peoples opinions and theories. Seren's dad dropped her off today and I asked him what he was doing today and he said going out for a few beers and I felt really resentful. When I drop seren to him it is to go to work. He drops her off and then goes out having fun. Drinking thoughts have been coming into my head today. Strong ones too. I am bored. I know the answer isn't in a bottle but I just feel like I am on this hamster wheel and cant get off. I feel pretty joyless at the minute. I've also come to the conclusion I have a sugar addiction along with a shopping addiction. I have been doing some research. Sugar and shopping affect my brain the same way as alcohol by releasing dopamine. Instead of drinking I have been eating chocolate and sweets. I stop for a week or so and then completely binge again. I am not talling one chocolate bar. Its usual for me to have a sharing bag of m%m's , a sharing bag of Maltesers, a dime bar, 2 lindor bars of chocolate and maybe a whole bag of fizzy sweets or haribo's. Also, I have just made 2 purchases on Ebay for items I dont need despite not even knowing when I will next be working. It was a buzz to bid and win and now waiting for packages to arrive. Insane.

So, I now have 2 other addictions to tackte and from my research the only way is abstinence. I have made a list of my trigger foods, sugar is at the top and I have to avoid it completely. I am not doing a diet as what i read advised against that whilst quitting the addictive foods but i am focusing on healthy and nutritious food. I think that is why I am a bit grumpy today, as I am not having my usual satirday night sugar binge and that is why I feel that the drinking thoughts are coming in. That sense of I deserve something. However I am not going to drink. I know that I can beat this addiction to sugar and crap food as I have been doing it with alcohol I just think the first week is going to be a bit miserable.

On that note I am going to go to bed!

I wish I could wake up and this whole virus thing would be over. Wishful thinking hey?! Glad everyone is ok. Congrats Erratic on your sober days 😍
Old 03-21-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of people wish the virus thing was over.

I certainly do - I don't mind staying home but *having* to stay home bites at me.

I'll admit to a little depression at times...I hate change I hate fear- I want my old life back - today lol

I remember this feeling at the start of high school - but I got used to it then, and will now

The fact is this will end Snitch - & we can get through this- sober

D
Old 03-21-2020, 10:57 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Well what a difference a nights sleep makes . I am feeling more positive today .

Thanks for your response Dee. It really helped. I know I am not thr only one who feels like this. We are all going through the same thing.

It scares me how my emotions and feelings can be so vastly opposite. Yesterday, my head was actually telling me that maybe u was ok now and that I could have a couple of drinks. I was thinking how can I never drink wine again! Today I feel sick over those thoughts and so so relieved I didnt act on them.

I definitely need to enhance my spiritual life because although I have put down tbe drink I have been using sugar and spending (albeit my spending has gone down to what it was so that is progress ) to change the way I feel which ultimately is keeping me stuck. I know the changes I need to make and despite what is going on in the world I am going to start today, to work on making those changes.

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts and feelings here . Love you all

❤❤
Old 03-22-2020, 04:09 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good morning my April family and I hope you are all well in these strange and surreal times. We will get through this, we're not the April Warriors for nothing, we just need to be sensible, to stick close and to stay safe, we are all in this together.
I was laughing to myself this morning, the children of today will grow up, not to be the children of the 2020's, they will be the 'Corona kids.'

Anyway, happy mother's day Suze and Erratic, make it the best you can.

Love to you and your family Viper.

Much love to you too Dee, stay safe and keep away from Bondi Beach, lol.

Back later. xx

Just sharing this before I go......

“And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently.
"And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.
"And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed."
~Kitty O'Meara