Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 13

Old 12-29-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x

thanks for asking snitch, yeah i had curry for xmas dinner but no wasnt able to stay sober as husband bought me a bottle of grey goose which i know poor excuse as it was too expensive to not open like he bought be this krystal skull vodka for my bday. however i have started my day 2 of not drinking for my sober build up for the metalisation group with substance abuse people. so here goes the rocky ride x on a positive note is that my hub is going to stop drinking also so we have banned any drink in the house and i am going to save half the money i spent on drink on future projects for house and ofcause daughter and gson and gbaby to be.

hope ur dad is going to be ok viper x not long until cali also xx
thinking of u daisy , dee , viper, snitch and also our passing friend nichole x and u also red x
Old 12-30-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your hubby is stopping drinking as well erattic

D
Old 12-30-2019, 12:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Viper, I'm so sorry about your dad. I know that you'll know that breaking a hip is not a good thing at his age, bless him, he's in the best place. I hope a care plan can be put in place for your mother, it isn't easy to look after someone with Dementia. I'm wishing you and your family all the love in the world.

Thank you for changing Nichole's name to what it should be Dee, I'm sorry too for using her real name, I should have thought, she is Nichole to us.

Morning Suze, I can't wait to hear all about your ginea pigs lol, I still can't believe you've got some. Seren must be overjoyed lol.
Thank you for taking the time to explain re the CBT, I understand now. I hope it works it's magic on you. Let us know how it goes.
Have a safe journey to Boston and I know we won't be hearing stories about you fighting when you get back. Take care. xx

G. morning Erratic and it's good to see you posting, I missed you the last couple of days. Well done on day 2 and it's good that your husband is giving up the drink too, it makes it so much easier when you get that support. Good idea too to save half the money. Make 2020 your year, you have so much to look forward to with a new baby coming. I'm just a little envious, I love babies.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

***edited to say it was 2 years ago i had that fight not 3***
Old 12-30-2019, 12:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Daisy.
After thinking about it for a while it seemed the best thing to do

I think I got them all but let me know if you guys notice any I missed

D
Old 12-30-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, you're right, it is the correct thing to do.
There is a reference to her full name, by myself, in the bedtime grats dated 27th Dec. Sorry to be a nuisance. Thanks for what you've done. X
Old 12-30-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the heads up Daisy

D
Old 12-30-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks daisy x dee also x

love ur monday motivation pic, is it really wrong to stab someone? even a little *****? lol jk today i am being a couch potato and will drink loads of coffee and tea. positive thing is hun is back to work today so i can be a grump if i want to and if not wanting to be couch potato anymore i will be bed bug x

speak to u all later x have good afternoon x
Old 12-30-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Depends on the someone, erratic

D
Old 12-30-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi, so surgery was a success. He’s got a new ball on his femur. But this is just the beginning and I have no clue how things will go. They are trying to get a person here for my mother.

I’m pretty nervous as my dad supports me, like completely. Financially, makes sure I’m ok. Gets me what I need or will help me. My sister is chomping at the bit to take over. She’s a control freak. Beyond control freak. And that’s what’s going to happen.

ok I might go in and reassure him when SHE leaves the hospital. He’s pretty out of it but I think it would help him right now to see me. Me especially. I’m the special one. The magical one.

ok, later on, Viper

Old 12-30-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee x

Erratic, hmmm, don't know about stabbing someone but I do know someone who I could easily poke in the eye with a sharp stick
My daughter went back to work today too and I forgot and phoned her when she was in the office ( she works in the breast screening dept at our local hosp), and she didn't have her phone turned off or on silent. Oops.
I hope today went well for you lovely lady. xxx

I'm glad your dad's op was successful Viper, I hope he makes a rapid recovery and I hope they find a caring person to look after your mother.

I'm off to bed in a few minutes, I'm tired tonight.

Love always. xxx
Old 12-30-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the same things for your dad Vipe.
may 2020 be the best year yet for us all.

D
Old 12-30-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Evening

In bed in Boston binge watching forensics show. Love it. Oooh just saw lightening through the crack in curtains! Love a storm especially when I am cosy and warm tucked up in bed.

Had a good flight. I feel my brain is sharper and clearer. I dunno? Is it regenerating/healing from alcohol abuse? I just feel so much more alert and in tune with stuff. Have also been clean eating since Christmas. Cutting out carbs. I remember doing this diet years ago and feeling more energised from it.

Erratic, I am also glad your husband is quitting drinking too. Support is great. Buying alcohol isn't. Not for an alcoholic who wants to get sober anyway. Is your hubby alcoholic too?.

I was chatting to my sister this evening and she said her friend confided in her that her mum is an alcoholic. Apparently her dad was going to the rubbish dump in his truck and her mum said she would accompany him. Anyway she claimed into the truck with a bottle of wine and a glass! On the way home she started being funny with him, starting an arguement and hitting him. He was pushing her off him and she opened the door and jumped out whilst the truck was going down a dual carriage at about 50mph. She survived! Luckily! Her face was all torn up and she had only had a face life a year ago apparently. Her daughter (my sisters friend) took a photo of her face and was like look mum this is what drinking is doing to you but she has continued to drink. Now if that isn't the insanity of alcoholism then I don't know what is?!

I am sooooo glad that (one day at a time) I am not in that insanity anymore.

Bit more tv and then zzzzzz.

Lots of love x x
Old 12-30-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope the same things for your dad Vipe.
may 2020 be the best year yet for us all.

D
I'll 2nd that 😊🥰😊
Old 12-30-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Viper sorry about what's happening with your dad. It happened to my nan a when she was 95, broke her NOF but she was in rest home and the dementia was quite bad and she couldn't walk anyway so she didn't last long after that.. Your dad sounds like he might be ok..I hope so anyway..

Erratic - it's so hard when the significant other drinks also, my partner isnt an alcoholic at all but when he decides to drink he just goes and goes, he got so wasted on Xmas night, I'm so thankful his friend was here as he managed to keep him in check even told him off for speaking to me like crap. However he doesn't drink much the rest of the time, well byy standards anyway..
So I hope it works for you and your husband..

I'm doing a sober NYE here, going for a bbq to a friend's, I will be sober driver with my AF sparkling wine.. No hangover tomorrow!

I hope you all have a fantastic NYE..
Old 12-31-2019, 02:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x

snitch on my hub i don't class him an alcoholic as he can manage with out drink, i guess its my habit that brought him to drink more.

daisy lol on poke in the eye, i did say but the text thought i was swearing as i did mean a small Pxick lol

this morn i have started to feel sick which is just withdrawels, yesterday was start of the headaches and ongoing today aswell, hoping it will pass quickly. i have had the sweats from the beginning so i know that will take the longest to go which is the weird thing in my dtox. nvm just having a moan x

glad ur dad did well in surgery viper x

i hear u red on ur hub speaking to u like crap ive started myself to tell my hub when i think he is being an arse and its not all me being the arse.

got nothing planned for today or tomo, just more early nights and working on distraction and watching out for my moods.

thinking of you all xx hugs to u all also, speak to u later have a good day x
Old 12-31-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning April lovelies, I hope you're all well.
I'm not big on new year celebrations, never have been, we're just staying home and chilling and probably listening to our neighbours fighting as they seem to do every new years eve. It's the highlight of the night, lol.

Lets all make 2020 the best year yet Dee, I'm sure we can all work on that.

Hi Suze, glad you got to Boston safely. I like watching anything to do with forensics too, I find it all very fascinating.
I'm sorry about your friends mum, such a funny story but one I can relate to sadly, apart from the face lift.

Hi Red, it's lovely to see you posting here, it's like having a little bit of Nichole with us. Its very comforting. I'm sorry about what happened to your nan, my dad had Dementia too and it's such a cruel disease. I wouldn't wish it on anybody.
I was reading one of your posts somewhere yesterday and I didn't realise you were from Scotland. Have I got that right??
Have yourself a wonderful, sober new years eve and I hope to see you back here telling us about it. Take care. xxx

Ha ha ah Erratic, your 'swearing' actually made me really laugh out loud. I got the same when I tried to write 'p*ssy cat' on one of my posts.
Take good care of yourself today whilst you've got withdrawals, try and drink lots of water to re-hydrate if you can, it will help with the headaches too. Stick with it, you know what it is and it is temporary.

Back later.

Love always. xx
Old 12-31-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Daisy - my grandfather was from Scotland and I lived in Edinburgh for 4 years. I'm going for a holiday in May this year.. A peice of my heart will remain there forever.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

well i got to say i am off to bed now, had some food and my mood is down, so best place for me is bed x so again going to be a bed bug x

thinking of you all have great evening and happy new year x
Old 12-31-2019, 11:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'll be on a 747 on my way back to Blighty when the clock strikes midnight in the UK. So here to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all... Daisy, Erratic and Viper and you too Dee and Red. Remembering too our Angel Nichole who will be so missed on 2020 and onwards but never forgotten.

My New Years resolutions! Continue on my sober journey, get fit and healthy, keep boundaries UP where needed and to surround myself with people who are good for my soul. Keep away from drama and find what really interests and excites Snitch! To spend quality time with my daughter and loved ones. To volunteer to help others less fortunate than myself, most of all to be HAPPY. We only have one life! I don't want to waste a minute more of it.

Whatever your plans are stay safe and sober. It's the only way! Start 2020 with a clear head.

Lots of love to you all

❤❤❤