Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 5

Old 12-30-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey all! I'm baaaaaack! The Turks and Caicos is ns not all that that it is cracked up to be. First, the 1st 2 days I had to be in a wheelchair, and CARRIED by staff to our unit, due to neck pain. Then we were able to do a pool day and a beach day. The last 3 days, I was vomiting my guts out, and we were just hoping that I would be let on the plane to come home. We were. The flight was delayed, pulling into a terminal, and so, of course, we missed our privately scheduled limo ride home. We were literally stranded at LAX at 2-3am in LAX with no way home. Finally, we just hired a TAXI to get home! By the time we "hit the sack" around 5:00am....missed Sunday completely! AND to make matters worse, our "petsitter" left the house a mess!

Anyways, I stayed sober through this nightmare, and now know that I can do it! OH! AND I GOT MY NEW COMPUTER, all set up today!

It was virtually impossible to use my phone to communicate from there.

Happy belated b-day, Joy!
Old 12-30-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your health issues but I'm glad you made it back and sober trudging

D
Old 12-30-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Holy cow, trudging again, that sounds terrible. Glad you're back home again. It's funny about LAX, because last February I was in exactly the same situation and was probably stuck at the exact same area of the terminal. We were supposed to go to John Wayne, but due to weather in Seattle got diverted to LAX and ended up there at 1 a.m., and there was no ubers in sight. We literally couldn't get any one to come, which is weird for a giant American airport. I was so tired I couldn't really deal with it, but fortunately we were able to download Lyft and found a ride really quickly. Since then we've used Lyft!
Anyway, glad you're back from that disaster of vacation. I want to try Jamaica, but I never hear anything good about that place any more. They say not to leave the resort, but I'm a bit of an explorer, so it sounds like a bad idea for me to go there.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:54 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone!
It’s just shy of 9pm on the 31st Dec here, and I’m going to bed, so I probably will sleep through the change of year and decade lol.
Here’s to a sober 2020 with better times ahead
Willow x
Old 12-31-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I have been struck down with what I think is food poisoning. Vommiting for about 4 straight hours last night and now in bed and just obliterated. Can't move, can't eat, drinking liquids us tough as my throat is shredded. Ugh. Feel so weak and vulnerable. Just back from my friend Leonie's. Wish she was here with me!
Old 12-31-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, you poor love.
I wish I was there with you to help.
OK, s it's a public holiday, do you have any Maxalon or any anti nausea med at home?
If not, try and drink water and maybe you can call an online nurse for a bit of better advice.

I really hope it subsides dear Briansy. s ❤️
Old 12-31-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Happy New Year everyone!
It’s just shy of 9pm on the 31st Dec here, and I’m going to bed, so I probably will sleep through the change of year and decade lol.
Here’s to a sober 2020 with better times ahead
Willow x
Darling Willow,

Happy New Year my beautiful friend. s ❤️

Old 12-31-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hello dear Tiles and welcome home trudging....we missed you!!!! s ❤️
Old 12-31-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I just want a morphine drip and my Mom! Failing that my friend Leonie. We have a bit of a funny relationship, she is about 9 years older but we get on really well. I don't really fancy her but we kinda act like BF and GF without the obvious! Weird. It's nice but feels kinda unhealthy. Anyone else have anything like that?!
Old 12-31-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

It sounds like a special friendship B.
They are rare and precious.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Briansy I'm so sorry! Hope you feel better soon.

Trudging I'm so glad you made it back sober.

Happy New Year Willow (and everyone else.)

Day 59 here, excited to hit 60 tomorrow. Last night BF went out with a friend and I ordered in some veggie lasagna and watched TV with my cat. I haven't had a night like that in weeks and actually really appreciated it. Today, I get to leave work at 3 pm and will cook dinner for us tonight, I'll try to make it feel special with sparkling cider in champagne glasses Then we're going to a late showing of Bombshell at a theater really near my apartment (I figured less travel = less annoyance.) We'll probably be in the movie at midnight but we both agreed we don't care.

I almost get teary eyed when I think of how supportive he's being. He didn't blink an eye when I said I'd rather not go out, even though all things being equal, I'm sure he would prefer for us to be out with his friends (which is what we did last year; ended in disaster.) He has a lot of friends and I'm sure he's probably received multiple invitations and inquiries about what we're doing that he's not even telling me about because he knows I don't want to go. I'm going to do my best to make sure he has a good time tonight.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

That's beautiful. I think you should keep him. s

And oooooo I want to see Bombshell SO SO much!!!! xxxx
And Happy New Year love. ❤️❤️
Old 12-31-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Awesome SBTS
Old 12-31-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Just had some chicken and rice. Still feel utterly wretched but am hopeful for a great 2020!
Old 12-31-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Chicken and rice is good. And water. And sleep. s xx
Old 12-31-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Patiently waiting for bed time - gonna hammer the benadryl!
Old 12-31-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Be careful love....stick to the dose they suggest....sorry.....mama bear. s xx
Old 12-31-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Glad to be home, waking up in my OWN bed, using my OWN shower, etc. Lots to be grateful for! Still trying to recover from that "vacation"....hubby and I have to decided not to travel for a LONG time. I am a homebody, so that should be easy. I guess it just doesn't feel like going through the hassle anymore. Europe has been on my "bucket list" for SO long, but I am almost ready to forego that. OH! and I just received the final distribution from my father's estate....I'm a millionaire!!!! BUT money can't buy happiness OR SOBRIETY, which is SO much more important to me. Hubby and I will be spending NYE at home. Bought some shrimp, caviar, and other munchies for the "witching hour"...but I think we will be asleep by then Enjoy, everyone!Let's all check in in the morning to see who's still here!

Briansy, hang in there....I felt like sh*t for 3 days
Old 12-31-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

When you said 3 days, Trudging I was almost embarrassed. That sounds like hell! Tap me up if you ever want advice on a Europe trip. I think you can do something spectacular so don't write it off just yet.

Awesome on the estate money - it is not a small deal to have a nest egg to fall back on. And you can probably treat yourself to an epic Europe trip!

Venice, Rome, Paris, London, Lake Como, Amsterdam - all amazing.

Anyway, am getting through this truly sh!t day - and with much hope and good plans for 2020. I think we have good commitment in this little group here - let's make it a full calendar year next year!

And Suze: I love the way you reply to pretty much every single one of my posts. And Dee, of course. It's awesome stuff and makes a big difference I can assure you!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Full calendar year it is dear Briansy....holding you to that.
And thank you.

And wow dearest trudging....Congratulations. That is somewhat mammoth. : s