Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 467

Old 12-17-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks for keeping me on the list Dee, even though I’ve been absent it means a lot to see my name there!

So, checking in to pledge another 24 hours of sobriety please, and to say that I shall make more of an effort to stay connected...

Today is day 219 of sobriety for me and I’m feeling pretty good. Had a bit of a flat spot around my 6 month anniversary but I’m feeling like I’m over that. I’ve heard it said that 3, 6 and 12 months can be difficult times in early recovery and that seems to carry some weight.

Feeling very mixed emotions right now.

Christmas coming up and I haven’t seen my children for a year, still no contact. I haven’t written to them recently as the solicitor returned my last letters saying that my ex partner stated they don’t want any contact and she would inform me if that changed.

I don’t have the money to fight through court just now and the restraining order finishes in April so maybe I should just bide my time until then. I can’t even get Christmas presents to them so I’m wondering whether to send them both a card with a couple of photos and some money. I’m trying not to let self will get the better of me and asking for help to know what the right thing to do is.

I miss my boys desperately and I know I’m losing them and I’ll never be able to make up this lost time.

I must focus on sobriety and on rebuilding my life. I’ve met a wonderful woman who I’m spending a lot of time with, and being with her just feels right so I’m following my heart.

Today I signed the tenancy agreement for my new home, and went to my storage unit to see what I had there in terms of household stuff, it would seem to be not very much.

I move in on New Year’s Eve and I’m determined that this will be a fresh start and a new chapter in my life. I have nothing really, just a few pots and pans, a kettle and a few other kitchen bits, a camping mattress and a duvet... but it’s enough to make a start and I don’t have to carry painful memories into my new beginning.

I’ve got a good job, a very small circle of very committed people who love me, a roof over my head, and every intention of seeing this through. I don’t have to hide anymore and that’s priceless.

One day at a time is working well and I think I’m going to continue just the same way...
Old 12-17-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

NoGoingBack -- I know it is tough. I went a very long time not contacting my children. I am so glad you want to be a part of yours' lives. Sounds like you know what is right. Live in recovery as you are. I think you have a great attitude about material stuff.

Checking back in. Overall today was a great day. Got some financial manageability done. My drinking no longer rules that area....there are some long term amends/payments. I'm managing with a payee's help, SR, living in recovery. In a few weeks instead of cashing a check I'll be getting my money on a debit card. Less fees and time and anxiety.

Today the urges were like gnats. Bugged me more than anything. Eating and taking a walk sure helped. SR helped. Honestly there wasn't a chance of drinking, there were opportunities, but I made decisions to live sober.

Sometimes I think I'm that boy whistling in the dark. I hope that it isn't, concerning sobriety.

I made a wonderful tuna casserole. I love fish, but not canned tuna, so I'm glad it turned out great. I included some fried bacon and cooked chicken in the dish, along with crumbled and buttered crackers with parmesan.

Being responsible with two other SR threads, early-risers, and 1unders. I got some great advice today....some I had already done which is cool.

Ok now I'm feeling silly. I'll stay up a bit more, eat, and go to bed to audio stories.

Hugs all around:
Old 12-17-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We have so much in common wisc.....like tuna casserole.....mine is tuna pasta casserole but still.... s xx
Old 12-17-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Tuna casserole. That’s revolting My Mom made that when she was mad at us. That or salmon loaf. We tried not to anger her.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bailey3 View Post
Tuna casserole. That’s revolting My Mom made that when she was mad at us. That or salmon loaf. We tried not to anger her.
I must agree with you Venus and Bailey. But, I think the bacon, chicken, crackers, cheese, helped greatly.

It's on the order of hating liver, but making it the best way possible and liking it.

I use to love canned tuna, but not my mom's....she would add peas and hot boiled eggs.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Um no....mine is superb.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Um no....mine is superb.
ohhh....got it!
Old 12-17-2019, 06:33 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of being grateful and humble? Thank you.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for that situation NGB - I hope the new year will bring some custody changes

my new avi is courtesy of Ann, guys

D
Old 12-17-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Made a mess of stuff
24 pls
Old 12-17-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thumbs down on the tuna casserole. My Mom also made beef stronganoff and stuffed bell peppers. Yukky!! Can u tell I was a child in the 1960's?! I will say she worked full time, so did my Dad, and we ALWAYS had home cooked meals. So, kudos for her being a great home cook! Just didn't always like the choices ....

Anyway, time to check-in for my next 24!

Bobbi
Old 12-17-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Ahh ... thought I'd mention that I did really like when she made liver n onions with homemade mashed potato AND homemade gravy & biscuits!! Love you Mom ❤️
Old 12-17-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bobbi, gotta agree with you there, every now and then I have liver and onions. It makes the most gorgeous gravy. And of course mashed potatoes with a dollop of horseradish sauce.

Wisc you’ve got me thinking of food now. which is always a good thing.

NGB, I’m pleased life is going well, things will change with your children, it’s hard the waiting but will be worth it.

24 more please.

05.04am Wednesday 18 December 2019
Old 12-17-2019, 09:33 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Another one please
Old 12-17-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Do your best

24h London UK 5.45am Soberwolf

17th December 2K19
Old 12-17-2019, 11:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 7.25am
Old 12-18-2019, 12:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours please. Usually any talk about food makes me hungry but strangely enough not right now. Could be that neither liver and bacon nor tuna casserole are obvious options at 8 in the morning!

Wisc - so nice to resd your positive post. Feeling silly? I don't think so.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:01 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Signed in last night for today, but on seeing the mention of Tuna - here's a little something I LOVE it! x

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...una-pasta-bake
Old 12-18-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Annoying thoughts yesterday.....not even wanting to drink, but nagging "what-if-in-the-future" thoughts......AV grasping at straws I guess....

I'll take some tuna casserole ~ and another 24 please