Notices

The Power Of Sobriety Thread (POST!) #10

Old 01-20-2020, 12:03 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I am glad that you are feeling more self acceptance FBL. Society sometimes makes us feel like we are square pegs in a round hole world.

Glee, nice job practicing calm in another tense work situation. You are birthing a new leadership style under fire. Well done!

Have a good day folks!
Old 01-20-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

FBL - Emotional residue. I like that phrase.

I am so grateful to have been provided a framework to work through it in recovery. I am better off when I practice the steps. I don’t know if I wasn’t taught good orderly direction, or if I didn’t understand the lessons provided to me until I needed it to heal.

We’ve all felt pain of addiction. Look how it’s opened the door for healing, though!
Old 01-21-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

You are so right Glee in saying that the pain of addiction has opened the door for healing.

I watch almost zero television, but one of my sober coworkers suggested I watch "Mom" a sitcom based around a mother/daughter whom have struggled with addiction and their relationship with each other. AA is part of many episodes. I binged most of the first season, and I enjoy how the characters realistically try to balance sobriety and living in the real world. Apparently, the show has been on for seven years so I am, as usual, late to the table.

Welcome home Courage!
Old 01-21-2020, 09:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

SG, I watched Mom a few times and I ended up really not liking it. I think it could have been good done another way, it's pretty bad.
SOOOO glad to see Courage's name today! I missed you my darling girl!!!
Have a great day all. I'm really dragging today. I had to cut someone lose that I had become close to and it's probably the right thing to do and once I get that hurt feeling from someone, I usually cut them loose. It won't get any better. I feel a little low today, but I'm sure once I get back to ARF I won't even remember his name.
Cour I so hope you had an awesome time in Mexico. But very glad to see you back. ♥♥♥
Old 01-22-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Alysheba, sorry you had to end a relationship. I have gotten much better about letting toxic relationships go, whether personal, work related or even extended family. Some relationships become an energy leech, just sucking joy out of things while receiving little in return. I hope you can find a more satisfying partnership when you are ready.

So Courage, how was Mexico?

FBL, how are both your Mom and your coworker doing?

Glee, how are you making out with your work situation?

Have a good day all!
Old 01-22-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

SG, thank you for always being so supportive and kind. You really are a treasure.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:43 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi peeps & thanks for the welcome back! Mexico was wonderful -- I learned a lot, and took on some new challenges, soaked in beauty, and had some chances to be foolish Perfect!

I'm trying to digest what I've been reading from you all. Your posts are so thoughtful! FBL, I'm glad and full of admiration that you're still making progress in recovery, still growing to new levels of acceptance. Without romance, perhaps you experience other kinds of relationships with people, nature, or art more deeply than others. I have wished dearly to be rid of powerful romantic/sexual feelings.

Aly, thank you for wishing me a good trip, and thanks for missing me, too I'm sorry you're feeling the pangs of cutting someone lose, but I'm sure you know best. One of the many beauties of sustained sobriety is that you can sometimes see the fork in the road ahead, and even predict in advance which direction will lead to heartache. And even even, choose not to go that direction. That's three beauties! If we're doing those things, even sometimes, that's 3 things I never did when I was drunk.

I'll catch up on your posts, glee & stargazer, later. There's a lot to think about in this thread.

Dee, I'm sorry about the plight of Australia this season. Wishing you better days, clear air!

snoochie boochies, all!
Old 01-22-2020, 09:44 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back and thanks Cour - my part of Aus is looking ok this week

D
Old 01-23-2020, 09:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thank you, Cour. I'm already feeling better and the fork in the road down a way, you are so right, I just couldn't see that going down. So good to have you back.

I'm going to see my psychiatrist today. I don't know if he can help me with my gabapentin problem, but maybe he can help me with something. Since he wasn't the one that prescribed it, his hands may be tied. I have got to get a new network or doctors. But I am hopeful. What else can I be? Lol.

Love and peace to you all. Courage, I didn't realize how much I'd miss you! ♥
Old 01-23-2020, 01:17 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am hopeful for you too Aly

D
Old 01-23-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Dee. Good to see you and I hope all is well. Sending prayers for the terrible bushfires down there.♥
I'm so happy. I went to my psychiatrist and he gave me a referral to a new Primary Care Doctor with John Muir. Thank God. I hated the primary care doctors where I have been going. It's like they are all 25 years old or younger.
With the 10+ major surgeries I've had, I need someone who will listen to me. I'm so happy and I'm calling him tomorrow morning! Yay!
Have a nice evening all!
Old 01-23-2020, 03:48 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad things are looking up Aly

D
Old 01-23-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Old 01-24-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Aly, glad you're getting the doctor situation sorted out. I've been to more different doctors this past year than in the rest of my years put together! Of course, i avoided all doctors (and dentists) for over 20 years, so there's that.

A little more snow here this morning, but nothing major.

Have a great weekend, gang!
Old 01-24-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on getting a new primary doctor Aly. It's so hard to do these days to find one you like due to insurance coverage. I too know how awkward it can be to be older than my medical staff.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-24-2020, 10:28 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thank you. I called the doctor's office and my insurance is little different. They are going to call me back. My psychiatrist worked with his father and knows him too. I pray they take me. If I have to go to another child doctor, I'll scream . Lol

You all are the best. Thank you and love and peace to all of you today! ♥♥♥
Old 01-24-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope they can work it out Aly

D
Old 01-25-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Funny Aly, I just got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that my eye doctor is retiring. I have been seeing him for twenty some years and was one of a kind. He was into playing guitar and martial arts and quite a unique personality for a medical professional. I liked that he was my age also. Off to find a child doctor.

Have a good weekend all!
Old 01-25-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

My dentist just announced his retirement. I haven't met his replacement yet. Hopefully, he's my age or older!
Old 01-25-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good luck SG and FBL! There are a lot of children out there practicing medicine! LOL! I'm glad we can laugh. I sure hope this new guy works out for me. And I sure hope you two get really good doctors, seriously. ♥