Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 466

Old 12-13-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:03am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today
Old 12-13-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Good morning all, it's 6:50am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

I had a rough evening yesterday. My moods have become increasingly more steady nearing the 6 month mark. Yesterday I don't know what was wrong with me. I came home from work and picking up my son with so much pent up frustration and sadness that I eventually couldn't hold it in.

It was like a full blown meltdown, panic attack, I'm not sure what to call it. I didn't lash out at anyone or yell or be mean, but I was in a complete state and my wife was angry that I was exposing our son to it.

I feel a guilt that reminds me of what it was like the morning after a drinking binge. I feel like an awful mother. I feel like an awful wife. I know these things aren't true, but I feel completely sucked back into old emotions and thoughts.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"Stop trying to impress people. Impress yourself. Stretch yourself. Test yourself. Be the best version of you that you can be." - Vex King

5:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 12-13-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

24 mo
Old 12-13-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

24 please.

Shortstop, hopefully only a blip of a crappy day. Push the negative thoughts out and congrats on nearing 6 months.

Happy Bday Delilah.

Wisc, glad you had a better day. 35 yo twins - proud dad!

Enjoy Friday and a sober weekend ahead all.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
Hi MsV? How’s sch?
Grateful to be recovered!
Hello lovely one. s
Adjusting to winter here, doing OK.
Hope today is a good day for you. ❤️
Old 12-13-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
Just lost 15,000 words of my new book on my computer. Could have driven me to drink..........................bit it did'nt. I'll start all over again.
Oh no Bub!!!!

Well done for not losing it. s ❤️
Hope it comes back to you easily xx
Old 12-13-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
10:53 pm in California and checking in for another 24.

Today I celebrated another sober birthday. I turned 49, and still cannot believe I am entering my last year in my 40s.

I had an incredible day. I was spoiled at work with gift cards, a few sweaters that are absolutely me, and a princess crown and sash. My secretaries decorated my office the other day since I’ve been at school sites doing trainings all week, and that looked amazing. My kids and husband gave me a new wallet, and a phone case wallet, which was what I really need, they also got me a weighted blanket and something bubble bath. I’m using the blanket now, and really like it.

We went to dinner at a little Italian restaurant with my MiL and BIL and they gave me a beautiful long jacket. We then went to my daughter’s holiday show, she had an additional solo tonight because she was an understudy for Santa Baby, and she sounded incredible!

I feel so grateful to be sober, to be surrounded by family and friends, to have this amazing community, and to be able to enjoy and remember all of the amazing things life brings.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

❤️Delilah
How absolutely incredible.
You deserve every bit of it....especially the crown.
Love you to pieces and

Old 12-13-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Happy Friday all! 24 more clean and sober hours please.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
In at 0453...requesting 1 24hour period of recovery and kindness.

NGB -- a new residence....love it.
Bubovski - no lost to your extent but yeah....that feeling.
Delilah - what a wonderful post...so many people loving you and for you to love.

Today I am happy. My twin's birthday are today. They are 35. I am proud of them. I am grateful to have made amends to both of them using the AA 9th step. When they were born I was in the navy and several years sober. It's great to be included in their lives. I don't take it for granted.

I first started NA and AA in 1980. Married twice and children all during sober times.

Ate better yesterday, a lot of fruits and berries. Started today healthy.

Happy to be awake, sane, sober, this Friday morning.
Beautiful Wisc. s

And to your twins.....

Old 12-13-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
Good morning all, it's 6:50am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

I had a rough evening yesterday. My moods have become increasingly more steady nearing the 6 month mark. Yesterday I don't know what was wrong with me. I came home from work and picking up my son with so much pent up frustration and sadness that I eventually couldn't hold it in.

It was like a full blown meltdown, panic attack, I'm not sure what to call it. I didn't lash out at anyone or yell or be mean, but I was in a complete state and my wife was angry that I was exposing our son to it.

I feel a guilt that reminds me of what it was like the morning after a drinking binge. I feel like an awful mother. I feel like an awful wife. I know these things aren't true, but I feel completely sucked back into old emotions and thoughts.
So so much love honey. xxx

I have panic attacks....and they are bad. Big-time bad. They make me feel terrible about myself....they are coming less often now as I acclimate here, but for a while, boy oh boy.

Not being supported when you are in the middle of a panic attack is super-hard. Criticism is the opposite of what you need. A more gentle approach might have helped all 3 of you get through that more easily.

But I get it.....it's hard to know how to help when someone is having a panic attack, and well, I know what that feels like. s

It isn't your fault, not at all. You need a huge hug and a calm day.
And more love. s ❤️
Old 12-13-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EST ~ 8.59 am EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
aussieblue
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Briansy
Brenuin
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
Chaisson
Cherry40
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
DaneK
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
faith823
FallingLeaves
Finalcall
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goose333
GreenDog
Hats
Hevyn
IcedVoVo
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
NeedRest
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
NoGoingBack
OtterIsland
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Pouncer
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Red78
Rose335
Saskia
SeaSlug
shortstop81
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
Sobertoday54
Soberwolf
stargazer016
Sunflowerlife
tgirl
Tictoc
Tinker B
tomls
Treesofgreen
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
venuscat
Vinificent
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

"Stop trying to impress people. Impress yourself. Stretch yourself. Test yourself. Be the best version of you that you can be." - Vex King

♥ thank you dear abcowboy ~ following you with this one today

December 13, 2019

Briansy ~ 2 weeks!
Atlast9999 ~ 1 year & 6 months!
abcowboy ~ 4 years & 11 months!

Old 12-13-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗
Old 12-13-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Omg shortstop-my post today could have been yours. I feel the exact same way. I think for me it’s a combination of stress from work, stress at home, stress thinking of how stressful the holidays are going to be. I melted down too because my kids wouldn’t behave last night. Everything was a chore to them. I had to walk away because I felt so empty I just couldn’t deal with it but husband treated me the same after a binge as well.

Plus I had an awful sleep. So I’m host 100 people for lunch today then going home for a sleep!! Actually will probably stop at Costco first for a mattress topper. My back is killing me and i just bought this mattress last February.

congratulations to everyone celebrating milestones today.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that happened dear Trees. s
I hope today is so much better love.

Have you been turning the mattress? Or just rotating it if you can't turn it over....it can really help as well as the mattress topper. s xx
Old 12-13-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
Just lost 15,000 words of my new book on my computer. Could have driven me to drink..........................bit it did'nt. I'll start all over again.
My heart stopped when I read this. Is there no way you can get it back? I lost a few thousand words once and had to lie on the floor, meditate, burn sage, do emergency reiki, cry a little, scream a lot and pace around the house until my teenage daughter got back from school and managed to get my words back with zero effort and stress. Like magic. She never explains to me how she does these things, too busy with all the eye rolling but I can ask her if you like? Well done you for remaining so calm and stoic. Seriously impressive xx

Happy birthday Delilah! Glad you had a day that matched you in awesomeness xx happy birthday to your twins Wicsober xx congrats on your new gaff NGB (my dad always called houses gaffs - makes me nostalgic, sigh) and I hope today is a better day Trees and Shortstop. Sending you and everyone loads of love.

I got irrationally angry yesterday when someone who doesn't like me deliberately speeded up to drive through an enormous puddle and splash me and my youngest kids. Not a little splash. We were drenched. Anyway, good to see I still have a way to go on the journey towards enlightenment. I. Was. Furious. Proper rage and fury. Anyway, I stayed with the feelings, welcomed them, listened to them, respected them and then bid them farewell. No point getting upset about it....all the anger and resentment will only hurt me.... But karma, if you're reading this and have a spare moment, there's someone I'd love you to visit 24 more for me please xxx
Old 12-13-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Another 24 will do me nicely, thank you. xx

Love to all. xx
Old 12-13-2019, 08:01 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

You know that's kind of assault kent....video them next time and karma will bite them in the butt.