Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 4

Old 12-09-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning, class! Got a couple of inches of snow last night, it looks wonderful out there now. Life is back to normal, my GF is back home and we had a nice, sober weekend with the kiddos. This year I'm really looking forward to Christmas, only 15 days left! (We celebrate Christmas Eve here in Norway, in case you wondered if I can count... )

Wish you all a great day!
Old 12-09-2019, 01:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sounds marvellous Falling!

I slept for 9 hours straight and feel like a man reborn this morning. That long walk yesterday evening sorted me right out. Had a nice little start to the week work wise too. Ahh, it's nice to get to day 10 - that's when I usually start noticing a really big difference in terms of feeling fully detoxed.

Have a great one, all!
Old 12-09-2019, 02:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Magnumcat I hope things settle down at home soon. Infighting at home can be a real trigger, even afterwards, but it’s great that you didn’t cave in to it.

Iced ginger cookies sound delicious SBTS, I hope your bf enjoyed them! Yum!

Fallingleaves it’s good that you feel more settled again

Briansy I find exercise helps me sleep too, I’m glad you got a good sleep. I can’t remember the last time I slept a solid night, I usually wake up heaps. I just took some magnesium tonight to see if that helps me sleep .

It’s nearly 9pm here on Monday, night night everyone
Old 12-09-2019, 03:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm still here. I've been in the process of moving so I haven't been able to check in. I'm typing this on my phone now. I'm going to try and set up my computer today but not stressing over it. I still have so much to do which I'm happy for. I don't feel hurried so I'm grateful for that. I'm enjoying the process. 🤗

31 days today. Yay! My husband drank Saturday and Sunday. I wasn't tempted. I love waking up clear headed and excited for the day more then I like the buzz of drinking. The short time alcohol is fun isn't worth the time it takes to get over the shame and regrets.

I will not drink today no matter what.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi Shelly and awesome love!!
Hope the new place is lovely. ❤️
Old 12-09-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
Not a great weekend. My son (21 years old) is stressed out about a test that he's probably not going to pass because he has been doing everything except studying. He gets stressed and turns on his dad and I as if it's our fault. He started fights with us on Friday and again on Saturday. The Saturday one got so bad that I left the house to get away from it all. I drove around and picked up a coffee. Normally I would hit the liquor store instead, so that was a plus! Today though, I thought of drinking. Everything was fine today. Strange! I decorated the house for Christmas instead.

Hope you all had a good weekend!
That is so not cool. I would refuse to engage in the argument....I know that's hard, but I would tell him that I wasn't going to be yelled at because he hadn't prioritised studying, and that he is way too old for this kind of behaviour.

I know, easier said than done. Well done for leaving the house love and getting coffee. I wouldn't be surprised if it triggered you though and made those thoughts show up yesterday. Maybe? ❤️
Old 12-09-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Smiling at you Briansy..... a nice start to the week work-wise must feel awesome. ❤️

I feel way way better today, slept like Briansy....like a happy log for about 9 hours.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well, that's Monday in the office down. Scurried back home and got underneath the duvet on my sofa for some netflix. Freezing out there. I hate winter! 4 more full days before waking up looking out on to Lake Como. Bring it on. Trudging, that drinking book is seriously triggering. And I feel very oriented towards women although it is really well written. Think I might leave it as I'd much rather focus my alcohol related chat on avoiding it, not luxuriating in it!
Old 12-09-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

I feel way way better today, slept like Briansy....like a happy log for about 9 hours.
Amazing. Eating better today? If you were making efforts to slim down then the bug will have been no bad thing!
Old 12-09-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Interesting, I do not like many of the books other people here love for the same reason: they trigger me. And upset me to be honest. I don't need to go down someone else's rabbit hole ~ mine was more than enough to remember for life.

I like daily meditations, life affirmations.....Just For Today for example.

EDIT: Nope...I tried a piece of toast this morning and no good. It hurts to eat.
And yes.....I need to lose chubby Suze.... My husband says I look thinner. Good. xxxxx
Old 12-09-2019, 10:02 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And yes.....I need to lose chubby Suze.... My husband says I look thinner. Good. xxxxx
BINGO! And you don't even need to try!

Yeah, rabbit holes...

I did buy both that one and another on Audible - maybe I should just listen to them through and be done with it. I did find some books good but I kinda know what I need to do now. I don't need any more answers. Just commitment and discipline!
Old 12-09-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Briansy I'm glad you slept well and FL I'm glad your gf is back

Meshelly, good to see you!

Have a good night Willow

Suze, sorry you're still feeling ill

Day 37 for me. Nearing the end of my lunch break here at work... although to be completely honest, I spent a lot of the morning dealing with divorce-related stuff and not actually working. But it needed to be done. It's been stressful but I'm really hoping to have the whole thing wrapped up soon and wanted to do what I could to move things along. Now it's off my plate so that's good. In a few minutes when my lunch hour is over I am going to sit down and make a work plan for the rest of the week.

I can't wait to scurry home like Briansy after work and get under the duvet for Netflix. Tonight is the only night my bf will be out this week, which is good. I got really tired of us both being so busy last week and not getting to spend much time together or have dinner at home together, but this week looks like it'll be better.

Will check in again later at home. x
Old 12-09-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Oh boy do I have shows.....but more Amazon tha Netflix.
I have watched about 5 movies in the past few days.

Really glad you got more of the divorce stuff off your plate love. s xxxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-09-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

doing well o n another rainy day in Cali....BUT...just got a notice from Dell repair that my computer has "liquid damage"....Ugh....gotta be wine....SOOOO...now I need to pay for repair (despite warranty) and see how much it will cost to repair (as opposed to buying a new one. (Just bought mine in APRIL 2019)....ugh
Old 12-09-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

hubby and I are going to "calendar :"date nights" today., plus a couples massage and a psychic reading, both of which I bought on GROUPON......YAY!!!!
Old 12-09-2019, 11:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I did that. To an ASUS.
But we won't do it again, right? s xxxxxx

And lovely. s
Old 12-09-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Suze, how are you feeling now? I hope you’re getting better

Briansy if it’s triggering, I wouldn’t even finish reading it myself, I try to avoid things that trigger me, especially in the early days. I figure why make things even more difficult for myself, it’s hard enough as it is sometimes. Just my 10 cents worth

Meshelly great to see you I love this
“I love waking up clear headed and excited for the day more than I like the buzz of drinking. The short time alcohol is fun isn't worth the time it takes to get over the shame and regrets”
So true!

SBTS it sounds like all the divorce stuff will behind you soon so you can focus in your lovely new sober life with your bf enjoy a quiet night under the doona (duvet)

Trudging I’ve spilled wine on soooo many things too, oh I shudder to think of the things I’ve ruined with wine, ugggh. But never again, hey

Tuesday morning here and I’ve just been drinking coffee and reading and posting on SR. This is how I start every day and is a BIG part of my sobriety plan. Starting the day with coffee and SR helps keep me on track all day
Thanks for being here everyone
Old 12-09-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Have a great one, Willow!
Old 12-09-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Briansy, if the book's a trigger, dump it and try another one. There's a vast number of addiction recovery books out there.

I actually only read one book (except some AA materials given to me by my sponsor), and it wasn't that great. It was made up of chapters written by musicians who had allegedly gotten sober, but it wasn't that insightful, at least for me.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Three months until the first bicycle event of the year, the Chilly Hilly near Seattle on Feb. 23. It's been fun eating everything in sight, but it's time to get after it again. Ugh.