SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 465 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/443724-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-465-a.html)

Dee74 11-28-2019 04:24 PM

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 465

Welcome to the New
:c009:24 Hour :ham4Recovery :sun2Connection.

https://f.ptcdn.info/657/020/000/140...4hours03-o.gif

Please join others in making a commitment to stay
clean and sober for the next 24 Hours.

Check in once a day and every day by posting
your local time.
You may post a special message or song or image or your story.
Anyone can volunteer to do something
special for the group.
---------------------------------------------

Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating today!!

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-464-a-21.html

D

Dee74 11-28-2019 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7319872)
This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EST ~ 8.59 am EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! :) :hug: ♥

1newcreation
abcowboy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
BackandScared
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
FallingLeaves
Finalcall
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
GreenDog
Hats
Hevyn
HReady
IcedVoVo
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
NoGoingBack
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Pouncer
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
RattleAndHum
Red78
Rose335
Sapph21
Saskia
shortstop81
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
Sobertoday54
Soberwolf
stargazer016
StartAnew68
Stronger2017
Sunflowerlife
tgirl
Tictoc
Tinker B
tomls
Treesofgreen
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
venuscat
Vinificent
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

https://i.imgur.com/4prBjvN.jpg
♥ thank you dear abcowboy :) :hug: ♥

November 28, 2019

:nyvhttps://i.imgur.com/PwqNoOa.gif:nyv
Endoftheday ~ 2 weeks!
Tictoc ~ 6 months!!

https://i.imgur.com/VmqZmQP.gif

congrats to all our milestoners!
D

Willow00 11-28-2019 05:11 PM

Thanks Dee :)

whopper 11-28-2019 05:59 PM

Checking in for 24.

Babs1234 11-28-2019 07:20 PM

24 more please
Babs:wave:

BarbieKen 11-28-2019 08:05 PM

:ValB002:

With so much gratitude today for my life, just the way it IS.

I'm checking in for my next 24.

:VGRearth:

Bobbi

Quincy 11-28-2019 08:13 PM

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of good news? Thank you.

1newcreation 11-28-2019 10:16 PM

Gabe1980 11-28-2019 10:57 PM

Tired today and really glad its Friday.

Love to everyone 💕💕

24 please xxx

Bubovski 11-28-2019 11:00 PM

It's approaching bed time and a sober weekend is well mapped out....:scoregood

kenton 11-29-2019 12:12 AM

Thanks for the new thread Dee. Thank you for always making sure the doors stay open for us. I'm so grateful for you.

I'm a bit worried about something but I'm trying very hard to not let the worry overwhelm me and take me somewhere I really don't want to go...... Doctor google. I've been getting repeated UTI (urinary tract infections) for years now and after the last one, my GP referred me to hospital for a scan. I've been so busy the last couple of weeks, I almost didn't have time to get to my appointment yesterday and I was considering not going because it meant leaving work early and I feel fine .... But anyway I got to the hospital for my scan and was chatting away to the lovely Irish nurse doing the scan and then suddenly she became quiet and then she said she would have to refer the results to a doctor because there's something on the scan that shouldn't be there. She told me it's probably nothing to worry about and I actually wasn't worried but then 30 minutes after I left the hospital, I got a missed call from my GP asking me to contact her urgently to book an appointment to discuss the results. I was on the tube when I got the call so didn't hear the message until after surgery had closed so I'll have to contact my doctor at 8.30 this morning to book an appointment. When I got home yesterday, my teenage daughter was really rude to me and I suddenly felt really upset. I went to my room and had a cry .... In private and I know it's irrational because I hadn't told anyone about the scan or the message from the GP but it suddenly felt like nobody ever cares. And I know that's nonsense but that's how it felt. So I stayed with the feelings for a while and recognised that they all relate back to childhood when nobody did care and I felt the feelings and let the tears fall and afterwards I felt better. I'm still worried but I'm just worried about these test results .... I'm dealing with life stuff in November 2019..... Not dredging up and including trapped feelings and emotions from the past. It feels like progress. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx

tgirl 11-29-2019 12:12 AM

Another one please

gatorman 11-29-2019 01:47 AM

24 more please.

ChloeRose63 11-29-2019 02:19 AM

24 more. :Xmasan Much gratitude for you, Dee! (Tied up with a 'bow' of appreciation!)
:thanks

Purplrks3647 11-29-2019 02:39 AM

Another 24 please and sending extra good thoughts for your appointment Kenton! :grouphug: :Valdog:

Treesofgreen 11-29-2019 03:34 AM

Dear Kenton, you are absolutely in my prayers today.

I tired to take as much time as I needed yesterday to blow off the stress. My exercise class is located next to a jc penny. At 1pm yesterday there were already 50 people in line for Black Friday. What can they be possibly giving away that standing in that line in the frigid cold, extremely windy weather would be worth it?!?

Came back around 3pm and made a delicious side of some Lima beans to go with our Thanksgiving duck. Tried MILs special pie....it was awful. She substituted molasses for the sugar and it didn’t set so it was runny and had a funky taste. No bueno. Then after dinner my husband says “can I ask you a question and don’t get upset.” I feel like this is the pitch from the mound that is going to hit me. He says “can we just cancel our Thanksgiving dinner for Saturday?”

so I’m taking off work today. An entire day just for me. I’m on the culture committee at work and part of our Thanksgiving giving is we are giving $100 visa gift cards to random people in our community. I was planning to go to the farmers market downtown and find a family to offer it to. After that I will go exercise and then I’m going to make my non gluten free cornbread. I have no idea what to do with all my thanksgiving sides I’ve already made. I guess they are just leftovers for the week.

hope everyone has a stress free Friday and congratulations to everyone celebrating milestones today.

wiscsober 11-29-2019 03:35 AM

Kenton - my thoughts are with you.
Last thread somebody else was in bed sick and I hope they get better.
I feel fine, just the cough hanging on, non-productive cough laying down.

10 full weeks today for being clean and sober. And at 0527 I pledge 24 more hours of rational recovery.

I have three sons, twins who will be 36, and another 34. They all are doing well and I am going to buy them birthday/Xmas gifts today or this weekend. I am going to send the 4 grandchildren gifts also.

Sad news on one front is that the son had the foster children taken away because he spanked one. I talked to him and heard his grieving, shock, loss, disappointment. I didn't pry or judge. He was beating himself up pretty good alone.

I am glad Thanksgiving is over. Just a holiday I don't celebrate or invited to celebrate. Due directly to my alcoholism, addictions, and mental health.

Grateful for the work Father Carr's Place does for the city, but the delivered meal was terrible and I threw it out. Disappointed.

Need to get to the grocery store today....food is becoming an issue again. Will work on it.

Well, Happy Day After Turkey Day.

FBL 11-29-2019 03:35 AM

Thanks for keeping the doors open, Dee!

It's 5:35 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.

Saskia 11-29-2019 03:42 AM

In for another 24 and grateful.

shortstop81 11-29-2019 03:44 AM

Hi everyone, it's 6:40am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

It's not Thanksgiving here in Canada, but I'm SO grateful for my current sober life. Only with perspective I can see how chaotic the past few years of my life were - getting divorced, not having a stable home, trying to care for my son. All peppered with drinking binges.

Today I am remarried to the love of my life. I have a beautiful home. I have a well-adjusted son. I love my job. I am healthy. I'd have none of these things if I'd continued drinking.