Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 465

Old 11-30-2019, 01:18 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sorry....I did not read this properly this morning.
Lucky aussie did.

I am sorry your day was awful....I just avoid the entire thing completely. I am binging new Amazon shows. s xx

....'The Feed' and 'Mrs Fletcher'.
Very good....as long as you have an open mind. s

Sorry you didn't sleep well darling aussie. I know you worry. I do too....I know it helps me to talk things out....I did this morning.....wanna chat baby? ❤️

(I just have back ache now....you know that hurt when you have a bug? that's it....I heal fast. I just whinge loudly, because I am an Aussie and we can ).

And hello darling Hev. Kisses. xx
I am all right, the fires are getting to me , another new one broke out 2 days ago close by , the fire fighters are working flat out , they are amazing , I am sure my sleep will come good once these fires are out .
Much love to you sweet Suze .
Old 11-30-2019, 01:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I would be the same....the fires are terrifying. s ❤️❤️❤️

And hey beautiful Purps. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx ❤️❤️❤️
Old 11-30-2019, 01:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I had a crazy attack of the AV yesterday. Straight after having been feeling SO committed to sobriety for the last couple of weeks, the AV suddenly pounced ferociously and started ripping into my resolve with loads of reasons of why it’s totally FINE for me to drink again. Huh? Where did that all spring from? I squashed it all but it was a really strong attack from sideways that I wasn’t expecting. I think it was seeing someone sitting fishing with a beer in hand. I don’t even like beer or fishing, but wham! The AV certainly did
Thankfully I didn’t cave in and happy to wake up sober on Sunday morning here, another 24 please.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Everyone make it a safe and sober weekend.
I'm checking in to check out for the night.
Sober football....Badgers rule.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone
I had a crazy attack of the AV yesterday. Straight after having been feeling SO committed to sobriety for the last couple of weeks, the AV suddenly pounced ferociously and started ripping into my resolve with loads of reasons of why it’s totally FINE for me to drink again. Huh? Where did that all spring from? I squashed it all but it was a really strong attack from sideways that I wasn’t expecting. I think it was seeing someone sitting fishing with a beer in hand. I don’t even like beer or fishing, but wham! The AV certainly did
Thankfully I didn’t cave in and happy to wake up sober on Sunday morning here, another 24 please.
Well done, Willow. It’s really odd how it will pop up sometimes— you’ll see a perfectly ‘normal’ person drinking and suddenly you’re ‘normal’ too..and ‘why wouldn’t it be just fine for me, like it is for that man..’ Suddenly you forget all the agony and pain that alcohol caused, you can hardly bring it to mind at all. It’s like this weird tunnel vision where all it would bring you is happiness and relaxation on a lovely afternoon..yikes! Very frightening; the voice that wants to kill us with that first sip. Of course, we almost instantly regret it, but then the ‘ too late now, you already messed up so you might as well have a few more’ kicks in and it’s unknown if we’ll ever make it back. Terrifying. I’m so glad you dug in until the feeling passed. I am very glad you posted about it too. I don’t ever want to forget that it could happen to me, or to any of us.

I hope you’re doing ok and feel proud that you stayed strong. So glad you’re here with us.

Love and hugs

Xxxx
Old 11-30-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Checking in for the first time on this thread...

I just found this thread and find it really interesting....I’m Thankful for the last 24 hours clean and sober and praying for 24 more!!
Old 11-30-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OtterIsland View Post
I just found this thread and find it really interesting....I’m Thankful for the last 24 hours clean and sober and praying for 24 more!!
Welcome OtterIsland! It really is a great thread with some really cool stuff to read and very kind people. We have people from all over the world here, so there’s always someone here. Glad you joined us!
Old 11-30-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good evening,

I’ve been away a couple days but Willow’s post got me thinking that I need to stay closer. Haven’t wanted to drink at all but considering all that’s happening in my life that I need to stay much closer. I feel so much better when I do.

So 24 for me, for sure.

Xx
Old 11-30-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Awesome to meet you
And so glad you joined us ❤️
Old 11-30-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hola all and I’m in for another sober twenty four hours. Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Old 11-30-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of insight? Thank you.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Welcome OtterIsland 🤗

You will really enjoy this forum !!!! Congrats on your step to sobriety!!!
Old 11-30-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It’s been forever since I last checked in. It’s been a while since I even wanted recovery. My disease wants me dead, but it’ll settle for miserable. For the first time in too long I am committing to not allowing my disease to have its way. So I’m in for 24.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗
Old 11-30-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

24 more for me too please!

6:51 PM in the forest.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like another day sober, starting by going to bed again sober. Getting very excited for my anniversary coming up.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Felt a bit blah today, but I am alright now. Checking in for my 24.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IcedVoVo View Post
Well done, Willow. It’s really odd how it will pop up sometimes— you’ll see a perfectly ‘normal’ person drinking and suddenly you’re ‘normal’ too..and ‘why wouldn’t it be just fine for me, like it is for that man..’ Suddenly you forget all the agony and pain that alcohol caused, you can hardly bring it to mind at all. It’s like this weird tunnel vision where all it would bring you is happiness and relaxation on a lovely afternoon..yikes! Very frightening; the voice that wants to kill us with that first sip. Of course, we almost instantly regret it, but then the ‘ too late now, you already messed up so you might as well have a few more’ kicks in and it’s unknown if we’ll ever make it back. Terrifying. I’m so glad you dug in until the feeling passed. I am very glad you posted about it too. I don’t ever want to forget that it could happen to me, or to any of us.

I hope you’re doing ok and feel proud that you stayed strong. So glad you’re here with us.

Love and hugs

Xxxx
You’re so right Vovo! It’s like tunnel vision and you really do forget everything you’ve learned! Thank goodness it’s only temporary amnesia, I guess just riding it out and reminding ourselves over and over to play it forward, play it forward, play it forward... to the hangover, headache and heartache. To STOP it in it’s tracks before it has a chance to derail us ....

Big hugs to you
Old 11-30-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome OtterIsland

DaneK, it’s great that you found your way back here. Alcohol will kill us if we let it. And it’s so easy to slip back into old habits if we let our guard down for even an instant. And like Vovo said, who knows if we’ll be able to make our way back here. The AV is such an insidious monster, lurking and plotting in the background waiting to attack when we least expect it. We have to keep our guards up and come here to SR whenever we need. I found that I need to come to SR even when I feel fine, because when I drifted away before, the AV snuck up and bowled me over and tried to drown me in the awful alcoholic quicksand again. Luckily I made my way back here, but I’m not getting complacent again. SR is my lifeline and I’m going to keep hanging onto it regardless of how much I might feel I don’t need it on any given day. Those big AV waves could easily wash me back into the quicksand to get sucked down again if I don’t keep ahold of the SR lifeline.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Otter it’s very nice to have you here & found SR

Hey Dane?? Where the heck have you been? It’s been a long min since we saw you here!! But, welcome back anyway

I just finished watching all the seasons of the killing; twas very good but since don’t wanna issue a spoiler alert, I’ll be quiet
My Tide lost to Auburn which was otherwise a very good game;bad calls by ref but whatever! I’m all in