Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 3

Old 11-28-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

It’s good that you’re here with us Trudgingagain. It sounds like you’ve been through the wringer. Sending lots of support to you. We’re all in this together and can help support each other to get and stay sober

Good to hear from you Citrus, it sounds like your body needs lots of rest to get rid of whatever is bugging it. I hope you’re feeling much better soon. Well done on staying sober

18 days is great JimiC!

I’ve just been for a walk and a swim, although I only had a small swim as my neck is too sore for swimming. I think I need a new pillow as I keep waking up with headaches and a really stiff and sore neck it’s been over a week now and I just gave in and took ibuprofen. I have to work this afternoon and can’t think straight with a headache. At least I know it’s not a hangover and I don’t feel sick.

See you all later you rock stars
Old 11-28-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

40 days today. It was a loving day with family. Although my relationship with my son is not the same. Of course not, he is college dude now and hates these family things currently. It has left my a bit gutted and I've had some tears today. He leaves at 4am tomorrow to Kentucky. I'm almost glad because our time has sucked these few days. But inside I'm sad. Sigh.... This adjustment sucks. I loved his childhood except of course for the 2 households.... and him having to bounce back and forth. The thought of drinking only slightly crossed my mind to get the pain gone. But I know better now. I'm feeling strong with my sobriety other than the bummer relationship I currently have with my son. xoxoxoxo
Old 11-28-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 40 days Joy.

as for your son,the older I get the more I want to spend time with my folks. I'm sure he'll feel that way too once he's proved himself as an adult

D
Old 11-28-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Awful day that resulted in me not being allowed in the theatre....and then on the on the way home he just ragged on me. Since I fell while boarding next to the gate....there wasn't anyone to help My husband was able to get a refund thank god...even though we tried to board. Weird thing is that we boarded first, since I am disabled.No one could get our luggage, at that minute. We had to wait longer, to get our luggage (about an hour....0h and so since I fell and cracked my head open, they took me to the closest ER for CT brain scan, and many other tests. On my discharge papers, Alcohol was definitely the cause of me falling. NOW get to deal with all of this ****
Old 11-28-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Still no luggage! UGH!
Old 11-28-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Trudgingagain, so sorry for what you’ve been going through but I’m so glad you’re here.

Citrus, feel better soon!

Joy I agree... the older your son gets, the more he will probably appreciate you.

I’m ending day 26. I feel so happy that no one drank all day, I kind of think my influence helped. We went out for the meal and I ordered a cranberry seltzer, then my aunt who also doesn’t drink ordered a coke... so then after that, I think my mom and boyfriend (who I thought might both drink) felt like they should go sans alcohol too. I’m glad, no one needs to be drinking that stuff as far as I’m concerned and I certainly didn’t feel like watching them do it.

Good night everyone. x
Old 11-29-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Tontene dear Willow....I bought as many as I could on Ebay after I got here.....they have some fantastic pillows I think (I have neck issues as well). s

Reading..... s
Old 11-29-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
40 days today. It was a loving day with family. Although my relationship with my son is not the same. Of course not, he is college dude now and hates these family things currently. It has left my a bit gutted and I've had some tears today. He leaves at 4am tomorrow to Kentucky. I'm almost glad because our time has sucked these few days. But inside I'm sad. Sigh.... This adjustment sucks. I loved his childhood except of course for the 2 households.... and him having to bounce back and forth. The thought of drinking only slightly crossed my mind to get the pain gone. But I know better now. I'm feeling strong with my sobriety other than the bummer relationship I currently have with my son. xoxoxoxo
I'm sorry love....I know how this hurts you. ❤️

I do think Dee is right....this will change.....I think there are a few years when they are not interested in family stuff, but then it changes back. It's the equivalent to the monster years that teenage girls have I think....but they seem to be a bit earlier. Maybe? s
Old 11-29-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
Awful day that resulted in me not being allowed in the theatre....and then on the on the way home he just ragged on me. Since I fell while boarding next to the gate....there wasn't anyone to help My husband was able to get a refund thank god...even though we tried to board. Weird thing is that we boarded first, since I am disabled.No one could get our luggage, at that minute. We had to wait longer, to get our luggage (about an hour....0h and so since I fell and cracked my head open, they took me to the closest ER for CT brain scan, and many other tests. On my discharge papers, Alcohol was definitely the cause of me falling. NOW get to deal with all of this ****
Not sure why you were not allowed in and so very sorry that your husband was upset with you. That is really hard right now while you are going through the physical repercussions of this. s

Love ~ things have changed in the last few years. Substance Abuse Disorder is now a recognised disease, and "alcohol-related" on medical papers does not have to be the shameful thing it used to be. Now it means that we get help....proper medical help, if we want it.

I know you are in all sorts of pain right now and I just want to send more healing love. ❤️
Old 11-29-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Trudgingagain, so sorry for what you’ve been going through but I’m so glad you’re here.

Citrus, feel better soon!

Joy I agree... the older your son gets, the more he will probably appreciate you.

I’m ending day 26. I feel so happy that no one drank all day, I kind of think my influence helped. We went out for the meal and I ordered a cranberry seltzer, then my aunt who also doesn’t drink ordered a coke... so then after that, I think my mom and boyfriend (who I thought might both drink) felt like they should go sans alcohol too. I’m glad, no one needs to be drinking that stuff as far as I’m concerned and I certainly didn’t feel like watching them do it.

Good night everyone. x
What an awesome post to read!!!! ❤️
Old 11-29-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey darling FL.....I know, you are wondering if this Aussie chatterbox is ever going to let you get a word in? ❤️
Old 11-29-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

You guys are doing so well! I'm proud of you, for making this great change in your lives. You are an inspiration and I adore you all.

Stepdaughter is back, but there is less drama this time. Tomorrow we'll be making ginger bread men with all kiddos. Watching cross country skiing while grading English texts, life could be worse.

Have a nice Friday!
Old 11-29-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hey darling FL.....I know, you are wondering if this Aussie chatterbox is ever going to let you get a word in? ❤️
Hi sweetie! Yes, you guys are really chatty, but I love that this class is so active. And there is so much love here... wonderful. ❤️❤️❤️
Old 11-29-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
This could be the wake up call you need to make this commitment to give up this life destroying poison. I'm scared about my last fall. I hit my head 'hard' on concrete I believe (blacked out) but all I remember is that crunch sound when your head hits the concrete... I had a big lump. I never went to the Dr. I have been having massive migraines since so maybe I'll bring it up even though it has been over 40 days. Maybe I'll leave out the black out part. Wishing you the best and it's time to surrender once and for all!
Old 11-29-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

It might be a good idea to get that looked at dear Joy. s
Old 11-29-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Best wishes Novemberites, and keep it sort of real.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

joy57 - definitely have that head injury checked out urgently, and give your doctor all the facts.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Feeling quite a bit better now. The fever is definitely gone. I have slept so much! My kids have been so super sweet and have tired to stay quiet for me, not an easy feat for my 4. Lol.

The 2nd Thanksgiving is at my inlaws again tomorrow. Ah well. Just hoping at this point it will go quickly.

SBTS I am glad that everyone decided to go without alcohol at your dinner. It makes it just that much easier and really shuts AV up when everyone is sober.

Good morning Suze.

Trudgingagain I am so sorry to hear how your attempted trip went. Stick with us, this group is awsome at listening and being here for everyone. Be gentle with yourself in these early days.

Joy I am so sorry that you have had migraines since your fall. Goodness. I really hope you do say something to your doctor. ❤

I'm off to see if I can direct the kids into picking up the loving room from the mess they've made the past two days so we can up the tree up. I'm sure there are some dishes and laundry for me to tackle as well.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Love that Taplow! ❤
Old 11-29-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Everyone is doing great I’m so proud of us not giving in to holiday temptation.

Day 27. I’m at the beach now with my aunt and boyfriend, later on my mom will join us and we will go to the movies to see Knives Out in the late afternoon. I can’t imagine a better day. Mom is cooking dinner at home tonight. Still no drinking by anyone so far, but if that changes, I will not let it tempt me. I really do think me not drinking puts the critical mass on the nondrinking side for our group of 4 though