Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 464

Old 11-25-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I’m in for a sober Monday.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Kenton - Lapland, I remember when you first posted about it. How exciting. Are you going to stay in one of those hotels made of ice?

Feeling better. Virus is on the move...thankfully to my throat and not my stomach.

Using Alanon principles when watching the Packers now.

I'm up and at 'em 0616 requesting sobriety and peace, hope, love, and understanding.

need to come back and catch up on posts.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“No one else can ever make your choices for you. Your choices are yours alone. They are as much a part of you as every breath you will take, every moment of your life.” - Dr. Shad Helmstetter

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 11-25-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free.7:48am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today
Old 11-25-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

24 more please @ 1.04 pm - completely forgot to sign in this morning x
Old 11-25-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi Zanna. ❤️

Old 11-25-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Checking in for another 24 hours of not drinking.
Monday morning here and I would love to just stay in bed but there are too many things to do, including work, so I opt for coffee instead

I too love reading everyone’s posts including about family
Delilah, well done on your daughter growing up to be such an amazing person, like her Mum!
Trees I hope your MIL gets off her high horse without a fuss. Let us know how it goes.

At a recent family gathering, my BIL said to my sister, but directed to the family in general, about me not drinking “I really don’t know if we can trust her anymore.”
I think it was meant as a joke but it really got under my skin and I keep thinking about it. To be honest, it hurts, almost like I’ve been pushed to the outer, because I don’t drink and everyone else does. I know it’s not really like that. I know I shouldn’t let little things like that upset me, but it has. I need to let it go, I know.

Anyway, it’s not worth drinking over, that’s for sure. Nothing is.
That hurts my heart darling Willow....and it's mean. And if he really said that (rather than it has gotten changed slightly as it got passed on) then he sounds as if he may have an alcohol problem. Really. Does he? I have only ever heard life-committed drinkers say something like that...I had a friend, a lovely man called Bill who owned local our local bottle shops (what a surprise that I became friends with him, ha ha I was in there all the time). He was an alcoholic, and I drank with him many times. He said something like that to me when I stopped in 2013....that I couldn't be trusted anymore ~ he died not long after that.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
another 24 for me too please !
Willow I know what you mean about things being said about you being the only one who does not drink. I'm ok with it too but, feel very excluded some times. that passes too but, not always in the right frame of mind to see the humor.
and with the Holidays coming up I will be on my guard ---especially when that stinking thinking pops into my head.
Babs
I see this as people with issues trying to not be alone with them....sometimes drinkers around us are a little challenged by continuing sobriety.....I understand in a way.....if I couldn't stop drinking and my spouse did? Hmm.....

Their stuff not ours. We are going to get through Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years together.....happily sober. s ❤️
Old 11-25-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IcedVoVo View Post
I went to see my mother at her home, and my brother was there too. She was, overall, so out of it, and weak. But at times she would snap at us, and that was actually good in a way. Then she’d drift away again. By the time I left she was lifting her arm to wave goodbye, and eating some snacks. The prognosis is very poor, and likely she has only days left. When I got home I realized that I have accepted that. I’m really numb which is a blessing. And also know it could be longer. Yesterday was a very good day. It’s so hard to know and now I have accepted that. The worrying, fear and trying to control and predict things hurt the most. I want it to be as comfortable as it can be for her.

I’m keeping things going in my life, in a bare minimum way. Showered, hair clean and slightly fixed, regular meals, a bit of exercise, sleep. Letting go of resentment about troublesome things in my life, or how limited life has become helps. This is how it is. I can’t struggle so much. I just need to hold steady and keep my head above water. I stare at shows, read stupid stories on the internet, play Bubble Witch, drag through work, putter out in the yard, sweep the floor and am pathologically obsessed with laundry. There can be no unclean clothing item anywhere in the house! I’m actually coping somehow. It’s even slightly comical. Whatever keeps me steady. I have a gorgeous red oak out back that is stunning and it helps me to watch the leaves fall.

I know there are tougher days ahead—but accepting this is huge. I have gotten kindness from people I didn’t expect to..people who know where I’m at and somehow know what to do. My manager is one..and he has never ever known how to talk to me. I’m just a far northeastern girl. He’s quite pleasant and very Texan. We’re just culturally as different as we can be... but he walked right up anyway. He stood right by me for an hour and listened. He then hugged me and it was funny since it was like hugging an alien, I’m sure. I talk funny, think funny, act funny. Truth! Happily, I have plenty of Texas friends who seem to really like aliens..haha

And here, people on this thread. Total strangers are reaching out though they know me only from my posts. And I know you that way as well. Just yesterday something lovely was sent to me from a dear friend. We have a connection. I am cared for. The people on this thread are amazing. I hope I meet you someday so I can hear you shout ‘VoVo!’ And I shout your screen name and everyone around gives us crazy looks.

Some friends ghost...politely disappear..they are afraid. It’s not about me. I let them be as they are and don’t love them less. It’s ok. All over the US and Northern Europe it’s common to deny death, to fear it and rarely speak of it. I see now how I can help others through this type of pain. And the pain of getting sober. It’s a blessing. So much good can come from terrible times in our lives.

Thank you for listening.

24 , love,

Xxxxxx
Love you love you love you. s ❤️
And I am so glad a magnificent SR sent you a lovely gift....I have a feeling I know who that is.

With you every second....here, Messenger, phone....please don't be alone honey....and we are all praying. Big prayers. For your mum and all of your family. s ❤️❤️
Old 11-25-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Day 42 almost a full 6 weeks in! Not slowing down now. 24 more please! ❤
Old 11-25-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
(((VoVo))) what dignity you show in such distressing times. I am certain I am not alone wishing you as much peace as possible and that your beautiful mother does not suffer unnecessarily over the coming days xxx

I felt like I was beginning to drown in my own anxiety over the last week. My coping skills are poor and I cling on to negative thoughts. I did end up having a productive discussion with my partner - well huge argument to be honest but it cleared the air a little. We set to clearing out the garage to make room for Christmas things and that helped me to feel a little less out of control.

It's a dark drizzly Monday here in the UK but I must attempt to get out with the dog for a while. I really am trying to look after my physical self a little better in the hope that my mind will ease a little too. So far I must admit it isn't working too well but I won't give in just yet. The counsellor I saw said the ADs can impede the effectiveness of the therapy so I am holding off until my regular sessions begin. I am managing. That is as good as it is getting right now but goodness me it could be so so much worse. I am sober and ever grateful for that.

24 more please with lots of love
I hope you won't mind me saying this darling JoJo, but I have bells ringing in my head over your counsellor's comment. WHAT????

It is her job to work with your GP not sabotage you. This makes me very uncomfortable. How qualified is she? Does she know depression is a disease that needs proper treatment? Sorry.....just love you and this is very concerning. s ❤️
Old 11-25-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
It might not have been possible and awkward but the chairman and members approach him afterwards and talk to him. Maybe somebody did. Just me, but a well run meeting has announcements of protocol.
Gosh.....every meeting I have been to since cell phones were the norm include please put your phone on silent and absolutely no way did anyone ever use their phone during a meeting. It isn't on. You go outside.....ok...I guess it isn't as cold in Aus, or you leave if you need to be on the phone. Yes? s
Old 11-25-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 am EST ~ 8.59 am EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
BackandScared
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
FallingLeaves
Finalcall
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
HReady
IcedVoVo
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
NoGoingBack
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Pouncer
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
RattleAndHum
Red78
Rose335
Sapph21
Saskia
shortstop81
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
Sobertoday54
Soberwolf
stargazer016
StartAnew68
Stronger2017
Sunflowerlife
tgirl
Tictoc
Tinker B
tomls
Treesofgreen
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
venuscat
Vinificent
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

“No one else can ever make your choices for you. Your choices are yours alone. They are as much a part of you as every breath you will take, every moment of your life.” - Dr. Shad Helmstetter

♥ thank you dear abcowboy ~ following you with this one today

November 25, 2019

Citrus ~ 6 weeks!

Old 11-25-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

VoVo, thinking of you and your Mom. Much love and peace.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I hope you won't mind me saying this darling JoJo, but I have bells ringing in my head over your counsellor's comment. WHAT????

It is her job to work with your GP not sabotage you. This makes me very uncomfortable. How qualified is she? Does she know depression is a disease that needs proper treatment? Sorry.....just love you and this is very concerning. s ❤️
Thank you for your concern Suze. I will make my own mind up about medication if I feel like I'm falling too far into the pit. For now I am managing. Sometimes only just - but the medication actually made me worse over the summer so I am in a bit of a pickle. Perhaps I'll run this all past my doctor on Friday when I am next off work. So tired of it all....
Old 11-25-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Yes please honey, talk to your doctor....I felt like the new meds were helping?
Counsellors must not direct you re medication. Not ever.
Sorry for being bossy boots. s xxxxx ❤️
Old 11-25-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes please honey, talk to your doctor....I felt like the new meds were helping?
Counsellors must not direct you re medication. Not ever.
Sorry for being bossy boots. s xxxxx ❤️
No Suze the medication didn't help at all. 3 different types this year. I'll see what my GP says on Friday. I think I'm entering the menopause which isn't agreeing with me. Ugh!
Old 11-25-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

OK s
So sorry to stick my nose in. s ❤️❤️

I can help with the M word....I have had just so much fun with it over the last year...well, not really, but I can help. We can get through it just like we did as we adjusted to the first part of this at 14 odd....really. I am fine now.....not even a moody cow anymore which I am sure my husband is thrilled about.

I found that if I treated myself like I used to every month when I didn't feel at all well, then I would be OK. I am gentle with myself when I feel hormonal....which is a lot of the time....and much more. With you every step love. ❤️
Old 11-25-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

In for another 24. MIL won’t back off of the pumpkin pie situation. I’m headstrong but good gravy I don’t have time to stress over this. I canceled my bakery orders so she can have her way.

I need a massage, a hot bath and a movie. I have a severe case of the mondays.