Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 81

Old 11-02-2019, 01:34 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks, MITA.

It's 9.30 am and I've been up since 8 am. The cat is sleeping in my lap and I'm trying to find a way to start writing on my manuscript again. My nephew turns 19 this week and we're invited to his house for cake, but I'm not sure if I want to go... It's a 30 minute drive, but it's snowing here now and my snow tires are in the garage... Oh well, I hope the snow is gone by the time we have to drive...

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-02-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Saturday morning and startin' fluid consumption has begun

Thanks FL and Vee for the inspiration to write.....I know I want to do something like that, but I'm still in the "fog" ~ trying not to force it.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good Saturday morning friends. I'm just chillin' with the last of my startin' fluid. Waitin' on the Georgia/Florida football game to start!

(That's American football for you Aussies)
Old 11-02-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Greetings humans, Big bike ride planned today...we shall see (my precious), oh yes- we shall see.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oh, now you've done it.....

Old 11-02-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

My GF made me watch Aliens tonight. The scariest movie I've ever seen until today is Ghostbusters, and now I don't want to go to bed...
Old 11-02-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can get some sleep FL

D
Old 11-02-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
My GF made me watch Aliens tonight. The scariest movie I've ever seen until today is Ghostbusters, and now I don't want to go to bed...
When I went to see American Werewolf In London when I was like 20, I ended up on the floor because I was so scared.....errr.....it was a comedy.....not so much for me. s xx
Old 11-02-2019, 09:15 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It’s about 9pm here, and I’m pretty tired. A good day, all in all. Not too much planned for tomorrow. A trip to the gym and hopefully a little visit from DD and DSIL.

The scary movies mostly don’t bother me. “The Shining”, though, was one that got me a long time ago. I can also remember this song, D.O. A., coming on the radio one time when I was like 10 or so and home alone. Scared me so bad.

Sweet dreams
Old 11-02-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Bike ride done- 36km return trip in 2h, with a 5m breather half way. My muscles, heart rate and breathing were all good- but the bit of me that made contact with the bike seat is rather unhappy. The 'all or nothing' thinking in me wanted to make it an even 40k, but logic won out (this time, we shall see).
Old 11-03-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

The Shining is my favorite! Like you MITA I used to be afraid of it too, but I've seen it so many times now it doesn't bother me.....in fact I have it on dvd.....Jack Nicholson is the best

I need to get off my butt and exercise too....thanks for the reminder PJ.....

I painted another rock yesterday but I need to keep the creativity going....startin' fluid first with Youtube of crashing beach waves in the background
Old 11-03-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I survived, and I slept like a baby. No problem! Still, I'll wait a bit before I try The Shining...
Old 11-03-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Meditation and exercise done ~ now more startin' fluid

Wow, it's actually nice enough outside to open the windows! This "cold front" might last until noon
Old 11-03-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Yeah, the Shining not so much of an issue now - it's a great movie still. I saw it when it first came out - I must have been 19 or 20 because I can remember I was driving this old Volvo that was my first car. I'm pretty sure I was under the influence of something when I saw it, which probably made the experience more intense.

Coffee is long gone - gym session complete - nothing crazy for today. Trying to enjoy this Sunday before that next day comes
Old 11-03-2019, 11:32 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I watch The Shining every Halloween MITA! There is something about it that is not only scary, but fine filmmaking by Stanley Kubrick. I will say I liked the Stephen King book better though. Isn’t that almost always the case?

Checking in on Sober Sunday. Packing up Halloween stuff and bringing out the turkeys and pilgrims.

Avagoodday all
Old 11-03-2019, 11:35 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I do not watch The Shining. Like ever. Just saying.....I would never ever sleep again.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

OH oh oh....I have a story for you. 2016. Suze in America meeting Nick and staying with him for 6 weeks cos fell somewhat madly in love. One night, hotel room, we began watching The Grudge.....errr.......I lost my mind.....I was so so scared.....and then the microwave oven in our room went bye byes and emitted this high-pitched whine.....um.....movie over lights on Suze hysterical.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:04 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You know how sometimes they bring back classic movies in the theater? Well, around Halloween a couple years ago there was a special screening of The Shining! I was so excited to see it on the big screen....very cool.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
You know how sometimes they bring back classic movies in the theater? Well, around Halloween a couple years ago there was a special screening of The Shining! I was so excited to see it on the big screen....very cool.
There's a movie theater down the road from me that shows old movies every Tuesday at 7:00pm. Sometimes old classics like Citizen Kane and other times just older but fun movies like Indiana Jones or Back to the Future. It's a pretty good idea.

Winding down the day here - a little general anxiety today, but not the doom and gloom kind. I'll lie low and watch tonight's football game. On the road tomorrow and Tuesday.

Be good ...
Old 11-03-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Breathe love.....and know we are here with you. s
And enjoy the game! xx
Old 11-03-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I read Dr. Sleep not too long ago. Sequel to The Shining. Main character is in recovery. (As is Stephen King). Movie comes out in a few weeks, can’t wait. Have a great evening, guys. Good luck to your patriots tonight, MITA.