Class of March 2016 Part 81

Old 10-31-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations J

D
Old 10-31-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know I'm back here again. I've been planning my return for a while now, and today is my official day 1. I also wanted to tell you about what happened last summer, which changed my life completely.

A few years ago I found a new hobby, I started writing fiction. It didn't take long before I saw that I needed to learn the craft properly, and I took a few online courses that taught me a lot. In June last year I was invited to a workshop lead by two Norwegian authors, where I met some of the other people taking the same online course. One of these was a woman my own age, we were both married with kids about the same age, and we really hit it off. After the workshop we grabbed a bite to eat, and I drove her back to her hotel. We kept talking on Messenger the following week, and we were both happy to have found a new best friend.

And then it got really interesting and difficult. I found myself thinking about this woman all the time, and eventually I realized that I was developing feelings for her. This was very confusing, I have always thought of myself as a normal, heterosexual woman, and I had been married for almost twenty years with three kids. What was this?

After a week I couldn't take it anymore. I had to tell her how I felt, so that I could get her out of my system. I mean, she was married with kids too, and I was prepared for the worst, that she no longer wanted to talk to me. But the strangest thing happened - she admitted having feelings for me too. And then things really started to happen. I left my husband, and she did the same thing just a few days later. She lived seven hours away, which made things difficult for us, but we made things work and we have never been happier. I now know that I have never felt real love before, and she has made my life so wonderful. We bought a house this summer, we are living together and I have proposed to her.

As for my drinking, I have stopped doing it to hurt myself. The days of hiding in my office drinking are over and I have learned how to drink moderately. The thing is, I don't want to do that either. I want to stop drinking. Period. So, last night we had a couple of symbolic beers, and we are now officially on the wagon.

That was my update. How is everyone here doing?
Old 10-31-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its good to have you back FL and you certainly sound happier in your life these days

I've never regretted completely stopping drinking. Not drinking allowed the real me to emerge again and for me to live a fully engaged and authentic life.

When I think of all I've gained, and all I had to do was stop drinking - it's a no brainer really

D
Old 10-31-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So glad that you are back, FL and that you have found happiness. It's exciting that she is going to be sober with you. It really is tough trying to do this alone.

PHX. Wow. A long road and you made it to the end. Great job. I'm glad that part of your life is now behind you and you get to focus on what's in front of you. Proud of you, my friend.

Happy Freaking Halloween, guys!
Old 10-31-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am so happy you found your person FL.
It is life changing like nothing else....that is the way I feel.
And welcome to your new sober, happy life filled with love.
Awesome.

Hey Bobbi and all of the Marchies.

Time for Casey to get back here, most definitely.

Old 10-31-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Final outpatient appointment this morning- somewhere between 50-60 over 4y. No more surgery, no more burns glove...all done.
Wow. Just frikkin wow love. ❤️
Old 10-31-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Time for Casey to get back here, most definitely.
Funny you said that. I just went and looked at how we began. Casey's first post was March 14, 2016 in this class. He changed the way we talked to each other. I'm not sure we would all still be in this group if it weren't for Casey.

Fun fact:
MITA
BBG
Purps
Mish
Venuscat
Dee
me

Each had at least 1 post in the first part. My post was extremely awkward and I was really quiet until Casey kept asking me questions. Blame it on Casey, guys...
Old 10-31-2019, 05:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

FL- my home group is a rainbow group. Quite a few women share when they finally were able to be honest with their lives- it lifted a weight off their shoulders. Many still had booze to deal with, but they got there eventually. Well done on sharing.

I visited a friend yesterday who is deep in the deathly grip of our common reason for posting here..
It was awful to see, but I know my boundaries- offered support but I cannot rescue- or feel guilty. I still felt crap this morning- so made myself do gym work and sent message to my friend they speak to their old recovery counsellor. I actually had noticeable back spasms, which interestingly how all but disappeared post gym. We learn and grow- hard though it may be.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:36 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome back FL

Congrats on all your progress PJ

We should celebrate with startin' fluid

Old 11-01-2019, 01:40 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

A productive, albeit very long day. Very tired. Gym first- god for keeping anxiety down (no migraines since starting). Then Life Drawing. I am beginning to trust my judgement on perspective and not needing affirmation from teacher. Also my anxiety was non existent. I am not a natural, but I make progress.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

GOOD, not god!
Old 11-01-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, guys. Hope you all are doing well. My GF and I have both taken the day off work, and we're going to write today. I'm currently working on a children's book, a sci-fi story about aliens taking control of humans using nanodrones and mind control. I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo this year and am planning to write 50 000 words this month, which is a good thing considering the fact that I'm taking part in a writer's competition where the manuscript has to be ready by the first of December. So, who has time to drink?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

The book sounds right up my alley! I love sci-fi! Have a great day off, FL!

Sounds like progress, PHX. Hope you are having a restful night's sleep. Thanks for reading all my crap. I appreciate your support. It means a lot to me.

Doing that dance with you, Purps!

Wake up Marchers! It's freaking Friday! Have an awesome day/night guys.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
Good afternoon, guys. Hope you all are doing well. My GF and I have both taken the day off work, and we're going to write today. I'm currently working on a children's book, a sci-fi story about aliens taking control of humans using nanodrones and mind control. I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo this year and am planning to write 50 000 words this month, which is a good thing considering the fact that I'm taking part in a writer's competition where the manuscript has to be ready by the first of December. So, who has time to drink?
How AWESOME....I love your book!!

I wrote one children's book titled: A Man Called Glug. It's a bout a kid who is on school vacation and gets bored, and starts digging in the yard and discovers a hidden cave and you got it....a caveman who has survived for thousands of years (limestone cave ) and now he is going to see the modern world. He is so excited at first, but is saddened by the state of our world....by the noise and pollution. Etc. Moving end.....he tells his friend Tommy that he loves him but does not belong in this world and wants to return to his cave. Tearful hugs and lifelong friendship promises, and Tommy fills in the hole.

I can't believe I remember that: I wrote it 35 years ago.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

How AWESOME....I love your book!!

I wrote one children's book titled: A Man Called Glug. It's a bout a kid who is on school vacation and gets bored, and starts digging in the yard and discovers a hidden cave and you got it....a caveman who has survived for thousands of years (limestone cave ) and now he is going to see the modern world. He is so excited at first, but is saddened by the state of our world....by the noise and pollution. Etc. Moving end.....he tells his friend Tommy that he loves him but does not belong in this world and wants to return to his cave. Tearful hugs and lifelong friendship promises, and Tommy fills in the hole.

I can't believe I remember that: I wrote it 35 years ago.
Wow, that book sounds great! Did you ever try to get it published?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

No, and I couldn't find it when I was leaving Oz....I always thought it was a bit lame. I could re-write it and modernise it....you are inspiring me big time to do what I love. s xx
Old 11-01-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning friends. Made it to Friday and finally got some sunshine. It's cold though. 32F when I got up this morning. Thank goodness for startin' fluid!
Old 11-01-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

No, and I couldn't find it when I was leaving Oz....I always thought it was a bit lame. I could re-write it and modernise it....you are inspiring me big time to do what I love. s xx
This is so exciting! Do it!
Old 11-01-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Jeez - you miss a day or two because work gets a little busy and all this great stuff happens

FL - Happiness ... that's where it's at. I'm very glad for you!!

PJ - You continue to shine and show the way - thank you for being here.

Everyone else, you are awesome as always !!!!

I'm at a bit of a crossroads at work. I'm trying to string things along until bonus season comes and goes, but I'm having some ethical issues with that in my brain. There's a good deal of work that I'd normally take on if I had a longer time horizon that I'm trying to avoid. It's not fair if i do take it on, and in some ways it's not fair if I don't. I'm trying to figure it out - the answer will come to me. "When I find myself in times of trouble ... "

It would be nice to hear from Casey

Be good ....
Old 11-01-2019, 09:35 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

You write very wise crap, B.