Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 461

Old 10-26-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

24 More is the Plan of the Day!!!

Feeling GREAT! Getting stuff DONE! Busy Busy Busy!

Loving Life Again!

Sobriety ROCKS!!!!
Old 10-26-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 12, yay! 24 more please.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm in for 24 more please, just gone 6.30pm here in a wet UK.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:54 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Purplrks3647 ~ 10 months! ♥
Hats ~ 2 years & 2 months! ♥
lilymaz ~ 2 years & 3 months! ♥
PhoenixJ ~ 3 years & 7 months! ♥

Old 10-26-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 10-26-2019, 12:14 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I will take another 24 please!
Old 10-26-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 10-26-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi darling Willow........I am not counting your days as you said you did not feel that you wanted to do that, so let me know if you change your mind my beautiful friend! ❤️

......oh, Snooz is here.....more love to you beautiful one. s

(And Aussie Aussie Aussie go go go us..... )
Yes, Aussie Aussie Aussie
You’re awesome Suze ❤️

I don’t mind if you count my days or not, I’m not really focussing on days this time although October 21st is etched in my mind as significant as day 1

I guess I just felt bad that the number of days had gone from so high (over a year) to zero, in one fell swoop
It’s really hard work accumulating sober days and then puff, they’re gone, just like that, and back to zero.

But I’m back to day 7 now, so by the end of today (Sunday) I’ll have a whole week again. Day 1 this time round was Mon October 21st.
I’m just taking one day at a time, mainly because I’m just trying to focus on the “now” and making the most of now, rather than dwelling in the sadness of past experiences and thinking about bleakness in the future which my mind tends to do (mainly still grief over life without my Mum in it).

So I’m trying to stay present and make the most of each moment. A very difficult task! So I’m trying to do some meditation or yoga every day....
like NOW.... actually after coffee

Another 24 hours please
Biggest hugs to everyone on SR for being your amazing selves, and you are ALL amazing, no matter what is going on in your life ❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

But you didn't lose that year of sobriety honey.....look what you gained. s

And if it is the 21st, that sounds like a week right now....the 27th....which is my 5 year anniversary, and you will share it with me. That is very special. This is just one day at a time.....and we do it together. s xx ❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Evening folks, 24 more for this tired warrior.

Worked till 3 pm today, came home and fell asleep for a while, woke up feeling awful. Just getting dark outside and I could feel the darkness creeping into my head and thoughts too.

Hit my homegroup meeting and immediately started to feel better. My friend lost her mind with me because I have no signal when I’m at this particular meeting, she’s confusing me because for all the ‘I don’t care about anyone, I don’t want anyone, I’m going to do this by myself ‘ that she keeps saying, tonight when she rang me she was upset with me for not checking in, (we’d only messaged each other half an hour before my meeting and she knew where I was going)...

Bizarre stuff. Women are very complicated creatures. And there’s no instruction manual either 😂

I’m ready for bed on a very crisp, quiet evening here in the midlands. Grateful for much tonight, particularly my sobriety because without that, I’ve got nothing.

Need to find something I can enjoy on Netflix or similar, but I struggle to get into anything and can’t concentrate so I get bored.

I’m warm, safe and sober tonight and that is more than enough to make me feel grateful and sometimes I can even feel a little serenity among the chaos in my head, so this stuff must be working!

Peace and love
James
Old 10-26-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Your friend sounds like she might be a bit needy right now love. Be careful.... you know the stuff they tell us in the rooms....there are reasons for that. s ❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Your friend sounds like she might be a bit needy right now love. Be careful.... you know the stuff they tell us in the rooms....there are reasons for that. s ❤️
i think it's more a case of being confused, and perhaps conflicting emotions, than being needy as such, although I'm very aware of being careful... One day at a time. And thank you 😌
Old 10-26-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

grrrr Badgers
going down early
everyone hope you are having a great day
Old 10-26-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Belatedly in for another 24
Old 10-26-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Checking in super late.... Almost 1am!! Very late for me. Staying with friends this weekend in the beautiful city of Cambridge. We did a walking ghost tour of the city this evening. So fascinating. I love ghost stories and I love exploring new places so it was the perfect evening for me. Off to sleep.... Thank goodness we get an extra hour tomorrow. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxxx
Old 10-26-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours 🤗
Old 10-26-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
nmd

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone

In for 24
Old 10-26-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hola all! In for another sober twenty four hours. 9:05pm.

Great job on ten months, Purps!
Old 10-26-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

My dryer repair worked! No more squeaks! I would never of been patient enough to fix it if I was drinking. Checking in for my 24.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi it’s Vo.

What a strange day. I woke up and was feeling so dark, down, a bit angry...then away it went. I think I had some sort of epiphany but I can’t remember what it was! it was about not obsessing about work nonsense or something... I am trying to keep my chin up just enough to enjoy an ideal, lovely weekend. Trying to stay positive . Things are bad but there’s some choice about how I think and act..I can enjoy something. I got a little sun and got my head back on. It kinda flies off here and there.

24 for me and it’s a very quiet Saturday night over here. I love the peace and stillness, and the warm blankets. Very grateful at the moment regardless of what’s happening. I had no idea when I was drinking that I could make a choice to relax a bit. I’ll just read and stream something. You don’t have to either be happy or in despair..there’s ok places too. In fact, I want nothing to happen...right now!

Hope you’re doing well tonight. Thank you and much love.

24 for me. 24 sequential hours of freedom from overwhelm and that awful numbness of heavy drinking.

X