Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 459

Old 10-14-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

today is thanksgiving day here in Canada .
and so grateful to have found you over 6 years ago. hoping the ones that are not here any more are sober and happy and for the ones that are here thank you for the guidance you give me.

24 more please.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

24 more for me!
Old 10-14-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

So much love dear Eric. s ❤️

And you too dear Lila. ❤️
Old 10-14-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 10-14-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

back again, may have missed a day on here due to weird work schedule, nonetheless in for another 24
Old 10-14-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

24 hours more please.

Enormous congratulations to all soberversaries. And as for you, Hevyn: 11 years and 9 months. Incredible and truly wonderful. I'm beyond impressed.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:10 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you so much . It still seems like an incredible dream.

So please allow me another 24 - can't stop now.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

That doggo eating a melon has made my day
Another 24 please folks
Old 10-14-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

hi all I am here. woot woot had a great week end. went to a baby shower for Eddie Lee's niece and I got to pop the cork on the champiane bottles I did a great job. had a ball. and had orange juice and a cupcake..
Old 10-14-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
orangutan

24 please

7.49 am in Auss.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗
Old 10-14-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

I'm greedy, I'll take yet another 24 hours of sobriety
Old 10-14-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

24 more for me please, and thank you.

Good homegroup meeting tonight, although I didn’t feel like sharing it’s nice to listen. A.A. is a safe place for me, and for someone who has spent much of his life feeling insecure, unwanted and not good enough that means a great deal.

I’m tired tonight, physically, but not sleepy. I have this sense of disconnection and a little uneasy. Thoughts of my ex partner and children are strong, and my mind is running circles telling me that she’s with someone else, the children are getting to know another man as a stepfather, etc etc...

It’s all crap and to be perfectly honest, I could do nothing to change it even if it happens to be true, so I wish I could think of something else. (Where’s my rainbow unicorn got to?)

The weather is dismal, for the first time since I’ve been in my new job I felt like ringing in sick today, but I would have been lying and it didn’t sit well so I put on my big boy pants and got my act together.

Actually had a pretty good day, all things considered. Feeling listless and without direction at the moment, I have my guitars looking at me but haven’t the inclination to pick one up.

Can’t concentrate on tv programs, I’ll put something on but can’t get interested enough to pay attention.

I feel like doing something out of control but safe, if that makes sense. I’m thinking I’ll maybe do a bungee jump, or see if I can book a flying lesson, or something else a bit off the wall, just because I can and I want to feel alive...

I could do with booking some time off work but I’m scared of having nothing to do. I hate the places that my head will take me to if I don’t keep it busy.

Physically I know I look and feel very much better for not drinking and using. Mentally, it’s tough. The pain, self doubt, guilt and remorse I feel are all things I used to try and escape from, in sobriety I no longer have my usual method of getting away or forgetting. But the choice is mine today, and I’m very grateful that I have that choice. I never did before.

So I’m signing off tonight in the knowledge that even though I’ve done bad things in the past, today I have done the right things.

Peace and love from a sad, tired and introspective James tonight. I wish I hadn’t been such a horrible, selfish person for so long .

Stay safe everyone
Old 10-14-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Love, joy, peace.

Congrats Milestoners and all those sober today!
Old 10-14-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

24 for me, please
Xx
Old 10-14-2019, 06:06 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
24 more for me please, and thank you.

Good homegroup meeting tonight, although I didn’t feel like sharing it’s nice to listen. A.A. is a safe place for me, and for someone who has spent much of his life feeling insecure, unwanted and not good enough that means a great deal.

I’m tired tonight, physically, but not sleepy. I have this sense of disconnection and a little uneasy. Thoughts of my ex partner and children are strong, and my mind is running circles telling me that she’s with someone else, the children are getting to know another man as a stepfather, etc etc...

It’s all crap and to be perfectly honest, I could do nothing to change it even if it happens to be true, so I wish I could think of something else. (Where’s my rainbow unicorn got to?)

The weather is dismal, for the first time since I’ve been in my new job I felt like ringing in sick today, but I would have been lying and it didn’t sit well so I put on my big boy pants and got my act together.

Actually had a pretty good day, all things considered. Feeling listless and without direction at the moment, I have my guitars looking at me but haven’t the inclination to pick one up.

Can’t concentrate on tv programs, I’ll put something on but can’t get interested enough to pay attention.

I feel like doing something out of control but safe, if that makes sense. I’m thinking I’ll maybe do a bungee jump, or see if I can book a flying lesson, or something else a bit off the wall, just because I can and I want to feel alive...

I could do with booking some time off work but I’m scared of having nothing to do. I hate the places that my head will take me to if I don’t keep it busy.

Physically I know I look and feel very much better for not drinking and using. Mentally, it’s tough. The pain, self doubt, guilt and remorse I feel are all things I used to try and escape from, in sobriety I no longer have my usual method of getting away or forgetting. But the choice is mine today, and I’m very grateful that I have that choice. I never did before.

So I’m signing off tonight in the knowledge that even though I’ve done bad things in the past, today I have done the right things.

Peace and love from a sad, tired and introspective James tonight. I wish I hadn’t been such a horrible, selfish person for so long .

Stay safe everyone
I can't change anything for you, obviously, but I care a great deal. ❤️

All I can do is this:

Old 10-14-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Goat just took this pic upstairs in our office.....how cool is this?

Old 10-14-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Had a quiet thanksgiving eating bbq chicken. Checking in for 24.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hola all. In for another sober twenty four hours. Quarter to ten. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 10-14-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of no bad news? Thank you.