Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 4

Old 10-23-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Enjoy your pyjama day Lucinda.

I work from home some times. Somehow I have made mine the rule that if you work from home you should dress and behave as if you were going to the office. In the past few weeks I have allowed myself to stay in bed with my laptop. surprise!! I worked even better and save heating.

It started just before the 3 month mark. Have not thought about the link with not drinking!

90 days is a biggy I think. It is enough time not only to feel better physically and mentally but also to create some 'sober memories' where you can relate good times/celebrations/business trips/social events with no drinking.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:14 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
Morning.

Back, I think you misread my post. I handled the demon and there is no way I'm going to drink, so why would I cancel the trip? Also, I handled my wife being away with no urges.

Just checking in this morning. Good F2F last night. I want to get packed and get all the loose ends tied up today.

Hope everyone has a great, sober day.

Sorry Charon. Probably I am projecting my own fears in the way I read your messages.

Have you finished packing?
Old 10-23-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackandScared View Post
Enjoy your pyjama day Lucinda.

I work from home some times. Somehow I have made mine the rule that if you work from home you should dress and behave as if you were going to the office. In the past few weeks I have allowed myself to stay in bed with my laptop. surprise!! I worked even better and save heating.

It started just before the 3 month mark. Have not thought about the link with not drinking!
90 days is a biggy I think. It is enough time not only to feel better physically and mentally but also to create some 'sober memories' where you can relate good times/celebrations/business trips/social events with no drinking.
Ooooo, I like your thinking - pyjama days are actually eco-friendly! We are breaking free of rules and saving the planet.

Yes, to the memories. I even did a sober holiday last month (with a lot of support from SR members) and it was fine, better even.

Wishing you a good day BandS.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Awesome milestones wonderful people. s
Old 10-23-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning.

Lucinda, almost everything is packed. Only meds and other last minute items are waiting till the weekend., and those will go in a napsack as a personal carry-on. I'm pretty sure I thought of everything and I'm resisting the urge to unpack everything just to make sure. Might not be successful at that. lol

Just a quick check in today. I want to get the boat broken down and put away. We are taking my Daughter to the airport so she can fly to Virginia and meet her new friend there. He's at a conference and took a few extra days so they could do some camping in the Shenandoah Valley. Then they will drive back together. We have to pick her up at 4:30 pm so have to leave here by 4 pm. As soon as we get back from the airport I have to leave for a SMART F2F. Not much time for a nap today but maybe ...

Have a fun, safe, and sober day eveyone.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I believe you will have thought of everything Charon. You always seem to have such marvellous checklists and get so much done. I have had to up my own game in response! I did lots of chores last weekend including cleaning lights and removing a broken garden gate. I think the word 'chores' needs reframing because it wasn't a chore at all, it was lovely. I had a good weekend with a big thanks to you! Funny how this place works like that.

You have a good day too Charon.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
... I think the word 'chores' needs reframing because it wasn't a chore at all, it was lovely. ...
Yes!!! I no longer think of all the things I do to keep up the property as work. It's become my hobby and the property is my private park. Perspective makes a huge difference.

Morning.

Got the boat taken care of yesterday. Took my Daughter to the airport and still had time to get to the F2F. It was good with a mix of mostly SMART with some ACT thrown in.

Not enough leaves are down to make it worth doing so I'm going to take part of the day for myself. First, I need to hang the clothes I treated with permithrin so they can dry. Almost everything is ready for my trip and I'm very excited to be going. Especially since this trip will be alcohol free. Going to get to the bank today to draw some money for the trip. Then stop at the grocery for some on plane snacks.

Not much else going on. F2F tonight. There are no SMART meetings anywhere on the Keys but there are the on-line meetings and my monday F2F has set it up for the regulars to be able to join the meeting on-line. I'll be in transit for this monday's meeting but I'll be able to join the next one.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Hold fast. Sobriety rocks!!!
Old 10-24-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Private park.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning.

Took my car to get an oil change and inspection today. Last night when I got home the "Maintenance Required" light was on. I checked for codes and when it said 0 Codes I erased them. Bad move. It takes driving toime for them to be reset and until they do it won't pass inspection. I drove about 40 miles and it didn't reset. They suggested I go home, let it cool off, then drive some more. Oh well.

Going to head out to drive again. Hope this does it. Keep well & enjoy your sobriety.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a car guy so I have no idea what the issue is but I hope the codes reset Charon

D
Old 10-26-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning.

Took a second run with the car and did some normal driving as well, not just pilling on miles. That did the trick. The problem was that I reset the codes. When you do that it takes a while for the sensors to begin working. If the sensors aren't active they can't pass the inspection. It takes a certain number of miles driving, a high speed distance, and a low speed distance to reset the sensors.

This morning Mrs. Charon & I are going for a paddle. When we get back there are more leaves (of course). Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day so I can finalize my packing and spend some time relaxing. Then we'll leave for the airport about 3:30 pm on monday. I'm very excited. No matter what the weather I have a lot of activities to keep me busy and I've continued the antabuse so drinking is out of the question. It will certainly be different being in the US instead of a different country. All my dive trips to date have been out of country, with different cultures, and different food. I'm really looking forward to being away and feeling at home. Does that even make sense?

Well, better get to it. Have a great first day of the weekend.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Glad you got the sensors to work. ❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Not long now until your trip Charon. Glad you have all bases covered. It sounds very exciting! Such an adventure doing things differently.

Hope all the gang is having a good weekend. All good here and have adopted your response to the AV, Vensuscat. "Thanks for sharing mate" - puts it in its place/dismisses it everytime. Perfect.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Raining today - perfect. Can't think about working outside so I can concentrate on final packing. Have to run to the pharmacy in another town because my local didn't stock my BP med. What? They continuously pressure me to go on autofill so they can fill perscriptions way early and then don't stock a critical med. Oh well. No big deal. Just a short drive. Mrs. Monkey said she would ride along for campany.

Not much to post except that I'm more and more excited. I'll try to post while I'm away but they will probably be short.

Yesterdays paddle was fun. We went on the Hudson River up north a bit between dams. They were letting water out and the current was clipping along. We paddled upstream and had a easy paddle back. It was cool but beautiful.

Well, can't think of much more. Going to shower and get to finalizing everthing for my trip.

Have a wonderful sunday everyone!!!
Old 10-27-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Glad you like it Lucinda....it's awesome to share this stuff. s

Have a wonderful day yourself dear Charon. s
Old 10-28-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Didn't know till this morning that other countries change their time. I'm going to be away when our clocks turn back. Have to remember to do that otherwise I'll be early for my flight home. Better early than late. I have to admit that I hate the time changes and think they are particularly STUPID!!!

Don't laugh but I got up this morning and switched my fins into checked bag and moved everything in my carry-on into a smaller soft backpack suitcase.

Really looking forward to this trip. In less than 11 hours I'll be where it's hot and there's a ton of salt and fresh water to dive and snorkel in. Just taking care of putting away things and clearing small messes so everything is tidy for Mrs. We are going to one of out favorite resturants/pizza place for lunch and I'll get a chicken parm sub. It's always twice what I can eat so I'll have half for the flight.

Well, to excited to jabber anymore. Once I get to my place on Key Largo I'll try posting a pic-of-the-day. Right now time to continue taking care of last minute stuff.

Be well and treat yourselves especially kindly.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I couldn't help but laugh a little Charon. I also smiled at your excitement. Lovely.

I will be looking out for that pic!

Warm wishes
Lucinda
Old 10-29-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Key Largo....oh oh oh oh oh....may I please come with?

Old 10-30-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning.

First night was a debacle. I finally got to the car rental and when I left I found that my GPS battery had died and my phone had only one stripe of battery (and it's a flip phone anyway). Worse, no USB cords. Somehow they didn't get packed.

With no idea how to get to the hotel I just picked a direction and started driving (all roads were expressway). Fortunately I had turned the right direction. Came across a gas & conviieinence store. Got directions and made it to the hotel. On the way I got a USB cord and was able to charge everything.

Next morning was tons better - though a huge set of traffic jams through Miami. Tankfully, my GPS split me off after a distance and I got to the marina with 20 minutes to spare. Got to sign into the dive shop, got something to eat and had a good nights sleep.

Have to be at the dive shop by 12:30 pm but am going to leave early to do some poking around and I want to buy a couple of thick beach towels for the car seat after diving.

Can't figure out how to paste a picture. Anyone have an idea how to do that?

Well, have a great day.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I use these this site Charon s

https://imgur.com/