Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 455

Old 09-12-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“When you feel like giving up, like calling it quits, just try one more time - do that little bit more.” - Catherine Pulsifer

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 09-12-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I’m in for another 24 hours sober. Looking forward to a nice visit to the hair salon tonight.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

24 please for me.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24
Old 09-12-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more for me.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

VoVo, prayers you, your Mom and, your family.

Count me in for another sober day. Let’s all make today a sober one.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

in for 24 important news to soon follow!!! 0806 CDT
Old 09-12-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

^^^ Sending love and looking forward to hopefully good news dear wisc.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EDT ~ 8.59 am EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Ananda
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bubovski
Caramel74
Canadian Koala
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
erfra7
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
IcedVoVo
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
Nine
nmd
NoGoingBack
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
Petecrab
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Pouncer
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Red78
RJY9
Rose335
Sapph21
Saskia
shortstop81
soberista
SoberLeigh
Soberwolf
stargazer016
StartAnew68
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
Tictoc
Treesofgreen
trudgingagain
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
venuscat
Vinificent
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

♥ thank you dear abcowboy.

September 12, 2019

NoGoingBack ~ 4 months!
Sweetpeacan ~ 4 months!
goose333 ~ 2 years & 1 month!
BarbieKen ~ 6 years & 10 months!

Old 09-12-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IcedVoVo View Post
Not a good day. Tough talks with doctors at the hospital—Mother is taking it hard. I knew she was in great pain too. The phone conversations between my brother, Dad and I were absolutely dreadful, as I was at work standing outside trying to hold it together. But then I had time with her and I helped her after they had gone. She took pain medicine, which is rare, but it made a world of difference. She knows things are bad and she may not have long . That makes everything more painful. That some fairly mild medicine did so much can give me comfort and hope too. Again, she’s still with us..and the time left is unknown. The loneliness and uncertainty is terrible. It’s a crushing feeling. I need to focus on her comfort and happiness no matter what. Whether the odds are very against her and she can’t survive long..or if somehow she does. It is painful for her either way.

I’m so exhausted and distraught but I need to help, keep taking action. And just keep a minimal life going. I’m sober and I have loving friends and family, and I still have her. It’s some kind of balancing act. I can accept that she’s in very bad condition, but still not give up hope. That’s where it is today. She has rallies and huge setbacks. She smiled at me before I left...that was so good. Maybe tomorrow will be a little better..maybe there will be even better days. We just have today to do.

Thank you for listening and helping me. I wish I could be more helpful to you.

24 with love

Xx
My darling Vovo.....please lean on us.....and please lean on me....I have Messenger on and I am home all day.....let us help you honey. s

I know how this part feels...this is the hardest stuff, yet this is when all the love our parents gave us pours out of us and back into them....the roles reverse....and the world turns upside down.

We need strong shoulders to lean into, and strong arms to hold us up....we are your arms and shoulders love.....and we will do everything we can to help get you through this, one day at a time.

Sending love and prayers for your mom.....and so much love for you. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 09-12-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
May I please have another 24 hours with a side of mental ease? Thank you.
Absolutely, and also a huge hug.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Hi,
18 years ago TODAY someone I love woke up excited, it was her 65th Birthday!This was the day her & her Grandson were going to do Tandem Parachute Jumping! The woman was/IS my Mom. The Grandson was my nephew who died 3 years in a freak motorcycle/deer accident, which killed them both.

I'm here in Northern Idaho for a week to celebrate her 83rd Birthday, and to visit both my parents in this BEAUTIFUL part of our Country. . BTW, they both did that Jump, once it was safe again in our skies.

So, checking in for my next 24, from the piney forest ❤️

Bobbi
I will never forget that day dearest Bobbi....you came and told us and of course it was all over the news.....so so tragic. s

Happy Birthday to your lovely mom....hoping it is a wonderful day for her. ❤️❤️
Old 09-12-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Announcing my Granddaughter Eliana Trinity Turner 9/11/2019@1126 7lb 3oz 19.5 in (49.53 cm) YAY Aislynn and Bryan!!!
Old 09-12-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Good morning and Happy Thursday everyone.
I'm in a state of confusion these days. My marriage has been rocky for many years now and my husband and I had the worst fight ever in front of the kid 2 weeks ago. After that I vowed that it would never happen again and I closed my heart to him and started making plans for separation (down the road.)

He was even back to his usual mood swings last Sunday so I left the house for a bit so I didn't have to be around him. Then, since Monday, he has made a complete 180. He is acting like a totally different person, like the person I met 10 years ago, like the person I fell in love with. He's charming, funny, kind, good with the kids. He's leaving me notes in the morning and asking me how my day was (something he never used to do.) It's confusing beyond belief.

It's like the thing I wanted more than anything (him to change) has arrived (or has it?) and now I don't know what to do with it.
My good friend who I spoke with yesterday says it won't last and that I am not trusting myself and my intuition. I kept telling her I am so confused I don't know what is real anymore.

He says it's the meds/supplements he's combining for his ADD. I guess that is possible.

I even started reading about the empath/covert narcissist relationship, convinced that this is what I am experiencing.
She says people don't change. I don't believe that. However, I don't trust this 100% yet.
It's like he saw what he was about to lose (he would have to move out in the spring) and decided finally to change.
Is it possible to change that quickly? Is this real?
He has me questioning my sanity at this point and I don't trust my feelings anymore. How could I be so sure of divorce just a week ago and now I am living with a totally different person?
I am so lost and I almost feel like I should stop talking about it with my friends. I am the type of person who needs outside opinions, perhaps I rely on them too much. I should be keeping my mouth shut through all of this.
Any insight is appreciated.
Thank you.
So.....complete honesty love. s

You know I didn't think it was a good idea to talk with your friend about this....if it was me, I would be talking to a counsellor only....friendships tend to get messed up when we get involved in each other's relationships....and gosh, sometimes we get the really really wrong advice....that's not good. s

Of course people can change....your husband loves you honey, and this may well have been the shake-up he needed. But whether it will last might well depend on both of you.....maybe you are at a point where you can sit down and talk now.

The door might be open now.....instead of completely shut. And I think it's ok to be confused right now, sure it is uncomfortable, but you don't know yet.....you need to see how this feels for you.

And I love you. xxxxx ❤️❤️❤️
Old 09-12-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Announcing my Granddaughter Eliana Trinity Turner 9/11/2019@1126 7lb 3oz 19.5 in (49.53 cm) YAY Aislynn and Bryan!!!
OH!!!!!! Wow....how completely lovely!!!!! So happy for you all!

Old 09-12-2019, 06:53 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thank you for your input. I feel like I am going crazy. I don’t know know up from down anymore. Today he left me a note in the fridge and made a coffee for me that was also waiting in the fridge. Then he texts me to tell me he has unlocked the front door so that I don’t need to do it when I get home. It’s all very strange and unfamiliar. Maybe this was him when we were in the honeymoon phase but it quickly faded.
For many of us in recovery, there was a catalyst, an event that made us decide that we would and could change. Sometimes we get pushed.....frightened into change....I know I did. And I changed.

Some of you may remember that before I lost my dad, my long-term boyfriend at the time completely ghosted me. And until last week, we had not been in contact for 4 and a half years. After catching up (just messaging) he remarked on how much I have changed....and how happy I sound.....he is right on both accounts.

No one from my past life would recognise me these days.
Change is a cornerstone of recovery: so many of us are very different people than we were when we were drinking or using.

Just my thoughts. s
Old 09-12-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

VoVo - I was so sorry to read your last post. I missed a day here so I was reading back and when I read your previous post I was about to write and say how good it was that your mother had slightly imoroved. Then I got to your most recent post. These are obviously very dark days for you and your family. There is absolutely nothing I can say to make it better so I just want to reiterate - because I know from my own experience - that the time you are spending with your mother in the here and now is a very precious gift, to both of you. Love and hugs.

Sunflower - you describe a difficult, semi-crazy situation which I'm not equipped, either in terms of knowing your husband, or in terms of knowing his particular condition, to comment. So slightly unhelpfully and without any real confidence my feeling is that if you feel he genuinely deserves the benefit of the doubt, then that's what you should give him. He is after all the father of your child. Yet on the basis of what you've posted, that same child has been subject to some very upsetting scenarios courtesy of his dad. I think Venus is right in saying that counselling would be a good option if that is feasible for you. I think you're in a really tough situation and you deserve some professional help and support.

Venus - love and kisses!

24 hours more please.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

James - so sorry, I forgot to say 'enough of that talk'! I don't think you're self-pitying at all. I think you're in a desperately upsetting emotional situation and you're doing all you can to manage that.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your loss darling Rose.....and I agree with your wise advice.
My parents have been gone for some years now. I will be grateful for the time I spent as their carer in the final years forever. s

Love and kisses back xxxxx