Class of August Part 2 2019

LAST PART HERE:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...2019-a-21.html

D
Old 08-28-2019, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

for anyone new to monthly threads

we will move this thread to the Daily Support Forum as from some time on 31st August.

This is so a new thread - The Class of September 2019 - can take your place in the forum here.

Everyone is free to continue posting in this thread, join the new one, or do both

Nothing else changes but the location

D
Old 08-29-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I woke up early and read. I have yet another tool for my toolbox. Addictive Voice Recognition. I know, we talk about it on SR all the time, but I'm really embracing it. I am going to name mine, not sure what yet. When she starts talking to me, I am going to know that it's not the new sober me, it's a crazy person who is trying to harm me.
Another point I've picked up is that I need to take care of myself as I would a toddler. I will make sure I get enough rest, vitamins, food and all sorts of self care.
I am feeling really hopeful this morning! I hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Good morning everyone! I woke up early and read. I have yet another tool for my toolbox. Addictive Voice Recognition. I know, we talk about it on SR all the time, but I'm really embracing it. I am going to name mine, not sure what yet. When she starts talking to me, I am going to know that it's not the new sober me, it's a crazy person who is trying to harm me.
Another point I've picked up is that I need to take care of myself as I would a toddler. I will make sure I get enough rest, vitamins, food and all sorts of self care.
I am feeling really hopeful this morning! I hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Karen you sound so much better today than the other day, I hope you have a fantastic day whilst I sleep..
Old 08-29-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound great Karen, have a great day!!
Old 08-29-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
Finishing up day one... I'm feeling way better than I did yesterday. It was super hot today so I kept chugging back the water, I'm looking forward to Autumn and some rain and cooler temperatures.

I'm spending most of my time reading on here...I did go out for a walk today with my son. It felt good to get out for a bit ☺

Thanks Venuscat....I did start right away...
Awesome sauce dear Patterson....so happy to hear that.

Love and good morning.....off to read all the posts.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Trojanhorse, kgirl.....you are so lovely....gosh this group is amazing! ♥♥

So we need a much better "sobriety toolbox" pic....the one I made yesterday is awful. And then I am going to take all of the things you are all saying and put it in a post.

And I love the idea of a game to play when the AV goes off....I must admit that tennis and football (Aussie rules) are my go-to s to distract myself if I need to....or if I just want to unwind. The US Open is on now if anyone is into tennis.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Failed attempt #101. My emotions are too intense lately, then I drink and become depressed. I can稚 stand my self right now. This morning I told my husband to keep me accountable tonight. Told him I was sneaking again. How shameful. He hugged me and said he値l be there for me. I decided to take the kids to the zoo today as a healthy distraction. The funny thing is, last year when I was struggling to get back to day one, we went to the zoo and it worked ( well not long term obviously, but it helped break the cycle.)

So plan today is to get completely worn out walking the zoo, enjoy this beautiful weather, and come home tonight where I値l be with my husband.

I truly cannot believe this insidious beast within. If I can稚 do this today; I知 calling the counselor again. I really want to stick with all of you in the August class.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do it love. Every day is a new beginning....and that is an awesome AA Recovery book for women by the way.... I love it. (Oh, Each day....)

Your husband is wonderful.....what a supportive partner.
Think of the hug this morning.....you told him all of this, and he just loved you more I bet. We love you too. s xx
Old 08-29-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending love.....hoping you are alright dear Quitnow.....and all of you. s
Old 08-29-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Quit, hugs to you! Let us know how it's going! I listened to one of the Recovery Elevator podcasts on my way home. Wow, what a great tool that is! I was, as it seems I always am, having such a hard time. I had convinced myself during the day that I just can't do this. I was thinking I need to turn myself in to a hospital and go to treatment. That would be the end of my job, my home and my children and grandchildren's home and God only knows what else. That's probably way overreacting, in fact, I'm sure it is, but when I'm craving I get so nuts. But I got something to eat and listened to this story of a woman who is sober five years and how she got there and the hard parts and the wonderful parts and how she wouldn't change any of it and has no desire to drink at all, and my AV ran like a rabbit at a dogfight.
I'm so relieved. I am so glad I'm not drinking! Hugs to all of you! If you're struggling, please hang on. Build your toolbox and use it and lets all go into September sober and joyful!
Old 08-29-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

So plan today is to get completely worn out walking the zoo, enjoy this beautiful weather, and come home tonight where I値l be with my husband.
You can't wear yourself out every day tho

What do you think is stopping you from making a definite this is how I won't drink/these are the changes I'll make plan, Quit?

D
Old 08-29-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I agree with Karen lets all roll into September clean and ready to take on this dreaded beast together. That means you too Quitnow4, hop on this train and lets ride it out.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am enjoying the US Open Venuscat, its a nice distraction for a few hours a night.

Hope you are well, tkr
Old 08-29-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Quit, how are you? And Red, let us know when you wake up how you're doing, ok?
I am really sleepy and going to bed.
Hugs and sweet dreams to all!
Old 08-29-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you, All!
I am pleased to announce success today. Finally made it back to day one. What a relief.

Now, I will allow my brain some time to dehaze and begin working on a much better plan for the future. I知 so tired, but feel so relieved to be tucked in for the night. Thank you all for your support. I値l be back tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Thank you, All!
I am pleased to announce success today. Finally made it back to day one. What a relief.

Now, I will allow my brain some time to dehaze and begin working on a much better plan for the future. I知 so tired, but feel so relieved to be tucked in for the night. Thank you all for your support. I値l be back tomorrow.
Rest easy Quitnow4 you have earned a great sleep. Make sure to keep reading threads tomorrow, everyday clean builds strength.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning lovely people hope you are all ok today and thank you all for your posts. Just checking in for day 11. Hope you all have a good day x
Old 08-29-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Rainbow - congrats on day 11, that's awesome work.

Karen - It's amazing how overwhelming our addiction lies to us saying we can't do it, this is literally a receptor in your brain wanting to be filled, the key that fits that receptor is alcohol and our brain finds lots of ways to try get that key.

Quit - I'm very happy that you managed to get that day 1 as we all know how hard it is. I hope you have some plan to keep you occupied tomorrow as well.

Today is day 6 for me, feeling like crap but that's cause I ate too much sugar, like every day this week!!! It makes me feel bloated and then I get this horrible depressed feeling and just want to go to bed. I really need to look into this over the weekend as I am not swapping one addiction for another. I have recently given up smoking and then the nicotine gum and drinking and I don't want to turn to sugar now. Maybe I can just buy lots of fruit or chop up raw veges and snack on those at work.
I think I will get an early night tonight as I am shattered.
has anyone else been having crazy dreams now that they aren't drinking??
I'm having some real doozers, kinda fun but not feeling like I'm getting any rest, feels like I've been up all night reading a Stephen King novel lol
Old 08-30-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
nmd

Red78, stopping drinking can definately create vivid dreams . I've had a few but dont really recall what they were about other that i had them. Unless i write the dream down i forget pretty quickly

Getting over general exhuastuon for me has taken longer and I've paying more attention to my well being overall. Ive definately felt more tired recently, and I've had an eyelid twitch return that had gone away. Im trying to get a full nights sleep ,mange my sleep apnea and started taking vitemans again. My vit d level is always low and ive had low b and iron in the past (related to drinking and associated reflux and bleeding). I also find i really dont do well with carbs at lunch. I usually pack a lunch but have been trying to go easy on breads or starches. I also need to cut back on caffeine as i drink too much coffee to compensate. Anyways, exhaustion is a tough one. It can take months to get things back in balance or to even understand what is wrong. Ive been better before though and I'll be there again