Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 12

Old 10-21-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Yet more snow . . . sigh.

Another 10 min of yoga with the borrowed family member. His wife had been exhorting him to get out and walk so we did for 25 minutes in spite of the snow. It was nice. People can bring you down or help you wiggle into a bit more health and happiness. Most of us do both of these for each other.

So another challenging day of solitude here. I'm hoping to finish a sewing project, work on learning more about banktivity and find an electrician.

Off to floss, plug in my devices and text Katherine. Yeehaw!
Old 10-21-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week

D
Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Tuesday morning

Excitement here - my daughter is coming home today. Will stay over tonight and then off for 2 nights/3 days to our closest city ( and hour away) for work. But back here on Friday for the whole weekend. Hee- haw

Bee, you and I could have such fun - just jump on a plane and come - escape the snow . The temps are soaring here at the moment - and we are waiting for rain . I find it easier/cooler to garden from 6 am till 12 noon - then inside for some office work - and then back in the garden from 5 to 7 - then cook a super quick supper.

Barbs , are you okay after that fall ? I keep telling my untrainable Bassetts to keep their "following distance" - they could so easily knock me off my feet. It reminds me of when our Great Danes were still alive - and I was much younger - I would fall so often , being brought to the ground by 2 danes playing - they were like little ponies.

Alice - a long silence from you - everything alright with you ? Missing your posts.

Have a wonderful day . Lots of love and huge hugs XXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 10-22-2019, 10:49 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Ayers thanks for the chirpy post. It helps as I'm dragging today. No snow but grey and cloudy. I can do okay for a few days like this but I do get exhausted motivating myself to do each tiny task . . . a kind of mental/emotional tired.

I've built myself a fire and am drinking some herbal tea. The fire will get too hot in a bit and drive me off the couch . . . .hmmm . . . this will be a good thing.

My food selections are a bit limited as I leave tomorrow to go back to the city. I bought a train ticket and always enjoy the ride as the scenery never gets old so it is something to look forward to.

So I'm off to categorize some credit card expenses, and when it gets too hot I will make some beds.

Cheerio . . . from someone not very cheery.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Checking in again.

I've been living off of carrots, nuts and apples. It seems a bit paleo to me but is giving me a stomach ache so I went off to the market and got myself a couple of breakfast burritos and some sushi. A bit more protein seems to help.

I'm trying to make the world a better place by curing one middle aged woman's stomach ache. Yeehaw!
Old 10-23-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi All,

I feel unsure where to start or what to say really its been so long.
Just had the longest drinking binge I think I've ever been on. So much happened, me and my BF split in the midst of it all which made me carry on more I think. We're now back together again, not sure what the future holds for us just at home now trying to get well again.
I'm so shocked I'm still standing and haven't had to go to hospital.
Feeling very low at the moment and very drained but extremely pleased to be sat back with you friends here!!!!
Right now I have no plans etc or changes to make as I'm so exhausted, I had to carefully wean down at home which has taken ages this time, today is my day 1 again.
I had my Cadas therapy. assessment last month which I had to drink to get to but they knew that and understood I was weaning off carefully to stay safe, after the assessment my proper appointment came through the post and with all the drinking I missed it so I need to re refer to them again. I had high hopes with them so thats one thing I will be doing, getting an appointment again asap.
I'm all out of ideas now I just know I will kill myself if I carry on, this time was so severe, I only drank Guinness but up to 30-40 a day some days, managed to get down to 16 then down to around 12 where I was stuck a while then had 4 yesterday and now day 1 today. My jobs literally hanging on by a thread AGAIN, my Mum spoke to the office and explained I've been very unwell, they've been supportive but I'm running out of time now to pick things back up.
This is probably a real miserable rambling post so apologies, just desperate to get back on here to you all and struggling a bit to piece my words together.

Right now I'm curled up with my dog on the couch in my pjs and I've no plans to move much today, my body is so drained. I'm drinking lots of fresh orange juice and water with fresh lemon. I managed avocado on toast this morning and a yoghurt so Im eating healthy bits too. Just be glad to get up and out Im so bored stuck in, I've spent so many days trapped in this house weaning off the drink and too ill and anxious to leave the house.
My Mum is calling in later so I might see if I can push and just have a very short walk with her and my dog.
I've missed all you guys and I'm sorry its been so long!!!!!

Might just be my low mood but I'm finding Christmas approaching bringing me to tears, not sure why, I guess I look at other people and families all getting together and being so happy and going out dressed nice and enjoying the festivities and I just picture myself indoors either sober and just avoiding life outside or drinking and being sat in a mess, feeling really down with it being this time of year. Just want my life back, I don't know who I am anymore.

Lots of catching up to do to see how you're all doing.

xxx
Old 10-23-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back Kitty - making it back can be the start of something wonderful for you

D
Old 10-23-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Ah Kitty, no matter how sad I am for what you have been through, I so so happy to see this post this morning. We of course have been looking for you.

WELCOME BACK YOU BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!
Old 10-23-2019, 09:39 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Thursday am

Kitty, so so so glad to see you back. No matter what/why/how you got to where you are now - the way is forward. And being back here is a step in the right direction. Just know that we are so very elated that you made it back to us.

Try and eat more and more often , and keep hydrated. Drink your vit B's.Talk to us and get things off your chest. And look ahead - not back.
Thinking of you - as always.

And Bee, enjoy the train ride back. I love trains. When I was in high school I used to go and visit my sister on Fridays for the weekend by taking the train ( in the days when you could still do that in SA) And back again on Sundays . Used to love it.

Lots of love and huge hugs XXXXXXXXXXX
Old 10-24-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much

Last night was my first night sleep in weeks without drink in my system so I'm feeling much better today, still a lot of tiredness but much more clarity in my mind and I've been able to get out twice, been for a morning walk with my dog and just been for a few foodie bits from the shop.

I'm taking a strong Vitamin B complex and an extra Thiamine alongside and I have my Skullcap tincture for anxiety and my St Johns Wort for mood. Drinking lots of herbal teas and lemon water still. I had tomatoes on brown toast for brekky and some cheese, crackers, hummus, cucumber etc for lunch and I'm making some fish with potatoes and vegetables for dinner so I'm eating well.

I've just finished work, it's going slow but just getting back into it so it should pick up soon enough, fingers crossed! Next job is to change the bed and hoover then I'm going to read for a while before my BF gets home then we'll have food together. Theres a small cinema just over the road from us here, this is a very small town so its probably the smallest cinema ever lol but its so handy being so close so we're going to watch a movie there tomorrow night which will be nice.

This weekend will be very quiet, just want to rest! Read, walk, meditate, eat nice food and rest some more...

Anyway I'll leave it there, still feel I'm rambling lol but really is a help to get on here with you All and share whats going on. Hoping you're all ok too, much love as always! xxx

Back Soon x
Old 10-25-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Yeehaw for the a good night's sleep kitty!.

I took pictures of my train ride to share with you all . . . whether you like it or not but I can't get the photo to load on the website that Dee suggested.

I'm back in the city with yet more snow. Worked on my Dad's mail and then got a flu shot and a measles booster shot. The nurse said I may feel crumby for a few day and am feeling kind of tired right now . . . not sure this is the shot or not. Kitty I may be lying low with you this weekend.

So picking up my nephew to take to climbing in about an hour. I will try to work out a bit as he climbs.

One day at a time all!
Old 10-25-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are they normal jpg format bekind?

D
Old 10-25-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Are they normal jpg format bekind?

D
I will check. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2019, 09:02 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cool

D
Old 10-25-2019, 10:54 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Saturday morning

Had a wonderful evening on the patio with daughter and hubbie - she has finished her work and home till Sunday - then she goes back to her home. Sat chatting and listening to music.

Promising looking clouds - holding thumbs for rain. Will be so glorious to have a good downpour.

Went to yoga again yesterday - loved it - again. Going to try and find an additional class/es closer to home - but that one is worth the drive , won't be giving that up

Booked myself and daughter for a nice back and neck hot stone massage for this afternoon - can't wait .

Kitty, so good to hear that you are on a roll - slept well and eating well. Keep it up . Holding you in my thoughts.

Hi Alice and Barbs and Dee.

Bee, hope you manage to load those pics - would love to see.

Have a "lekker" Saturday all of you . Love and hugs XXXXXXXXXXX
Old 10-26-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Well I'm not sure if my Saturday qualifies as lekker or not but as soon as I figure out what it means I will comment on any lekker qualities of the day!!! (-:

Yesterday evening was interesting. I took my wonderful 13 year old nephew to a 3 hour climbing session at his climbing gym. I signed up for a half price day pass so I could use the weight equipment and do some climbing. I was also determined to get further in the book Frankenstein (My brother insisted it was Frankenstein Friday but he is a bit of a jokester so I'm not sure this is correct)

A couple hours in I was taking a break from Frankenstein to do a bit of working out and I heard a guy yelling. He had fallen and was laying on his back with his foot up. The foot was at a crazy angle. The staff called 911 as I held the guy's hand and proped his foot up on my shoulder. I felt badly for the man but I like getting to do a good deed. The young staff were a bit distraught and not sure what to do. Some things I can't do but hand holding and proping up limbs . . . that I can do.

Driving nephew to and from the gym was great. He told me about capturing abandoned ducks at a near by pond (it is illegal to abandon domestic ducks as they may be an invasive species). On the drive home he was super happy as he had "flashed" a few climbs (I think this means succeeded in climbing on the first.
attempt).

So today looks like a boring day of shopping for sheer pins for the snowblower, studying my ballot and figuring out a bit more of my Dad's finances . . . ugh.

Carry on all!
Old 10-26-2019, 09:28 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Sunday morning

Oh what an eventful day for you , Bee. I wouldn't even have thought of propping up his limb. Glad you could ease his pain and angst by being there . So sweet of your nephew to save abandoned ducks . Snowblower ? Is that similar to the leaf blower I have ? I suppose just much stronger.

Hi Alice , Barbs, Dee and Kitty. Kitty how are you holding up?

Last day of daughter's visit. She leaves just after lunch. But ... I am going to her on Thursday - for the whole weekend. She gave me a voucher for my bday to do the permanent eyeliner thing - and I am now doing it. Have never gone that route - not really a make up type girl ,(apart from my non negotiable red /coral lipstick) but this, I think will be great. Can't put on eyeliner/pencil in the mornings with specs on - can't do it without them , can't see - so ..

They had a wonderful workshop during the week - got a lady from Brazil to host a Masterclass on tattooing areolas on a reconstructed breast. I helped my daughter find a model - and this lady is over the moon with the results. It is absolutely wonderful what they do now days with permanent make-up/tattoos. They also did eyebrows on someone with alopecia (hair loss) and you cannot believe the results.

So, off to start my day - hope you all have a "flashing lekker" day xxx
Old 10-27-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ayers View Post

They had a wonderful workshop during the week - got a lady from Brazil to host a Masterclass on tattooing areolas on a reconstructed breast. I helped my daughter find a model - and this lady is over the moon with the results. It is absolutely wonderful what they do now days with permanent make-up/tattoos. They also did eyebrows on someone with alopecia (hair loss) and you cannot believe the results.
Wow that is amazing and wonderfully wierd. Who would have thought that something like this would be so great for people suffering. I love it!
Old 10-28-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Sigh . . . and yet more snow.

I'm hacking away at my Dad's finances. Realities of money is such an adult thing.

I don't know how the rest of you feel but I like being in my fifties. I was so worried about what I was supposed to be doing in my 20s and 30s. Now I'm okay with myself if I just show up for life. Not drinking is a big part of the showing up.

I've stuck my aging father in a yoga class and am waiting for his caregiver
Old 10-29-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

For today something new and different . . . . . snowing sideways!!!

I'm going to make today's resolution to stay off the computer other than finances . . . .wish me luck, courage and strength!