Old 06-02-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hopefully we'll hear from everyone again - but massive good wishes if not

D
Old 06-04-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Thanks,

Caramel to be honest I feel our government are completely deluded! We still have a high death rate and just as soon as it starts to lessen slightly they loosen the lockdown massively and whilst so many people are still taking no notice of it anyway and all gathering in groups etc.

I'm certain a second wave will hit and I think here in the UK it'll be catastrophic, our government are so slow to act it's a joke!

On the drinking side, I haven't managed to stop properly since the New Year but today is my Day 1 again and yesterday I went to a local drug and alcohol support place, the best one around here, I had a psychiatric Doctor assessment, and an alcohol key worker and I have been offered a medication Acamprosate, aka Campral. To stop cravings and stop me relapsing so I can engage in the counselling / therapy sessions they have referred me for.
I'm speaking with the nurse when she rings and telling her my decision, usually avoid medication but this seems a very gentle med, it doesn't even have to be broken down by the liver so that appeals to me, it's water soluble. Also it has to be better than how I've been living, a mild medication and therapy for a few months sounds better to me than ever drinking again!

So here goes a new strategy, I lost it this last few weeks so I'm not being finally offered more support, Ive never been offered this before, the medication options and proper 1 to 1 therapy for my mental health. I feel this could be a real chance for me.

Sending love to you all!

Hard times all around the world right now so I think we're all being affected in different ways.

Lots of Love xxx
Old 06-04-2020, 01:56 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hello, Sunflower.
Your new strategy sounds very positive and I hope will be helpful.
Wishing you brighter days ahead
Old 06-04-2020, 02:15 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to have to but in sunflower but I'm asking everyone to please steer away from political comments.
Reasons in link.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ics-again.html (Politics...again)

D
Old 06-04-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

No problem Dee.
Apologies
Old 06-04-2020, 07:54 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Hi Kitty, as always it is great to hear from you. I'm so happy you aren't giving up and have found a few new tools to try.

I had to go back to see what I was posting when you last checked in; I found I was planting perennial seeds. I've been nurturing those seeds since the end of March and just in the last few weeks, I planted some of the seedlings outdoors.

My state in the US has opened back up and I've taken the chance to visit some friends who I know have been carefully quarantined. I have also been driving with my nephew who is accumulating hours towards getting his license. His family have been in pretty solid lockdown too; however, nephew will go back to work shortly at a climbing gym. When this happens I'm hunkering back down with my Dad as it doesn't seem we are out of the woods yet.

I would love to start up the Augustonians again but perhaps you want to join the June class? Whatever works for you go for it and I support you to the hilt.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:05 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Kitty - have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 06-07-2020, 01:01 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Kitty, you said you were having another day 1. I'm hoping you are continuing to grind through this week sober. Tough stuff.

I can get so depressed reading the news. I have to come back here to kind of center myself on what I and you all are doing to make our immediate realities better. I know that most of the time, this is all we can do.

My family has been doing the Roman Catholic Mass readings on Zoom every Sunday . . . .well most Sundays; sometimes we just talk. We always laugh which is good. Sometimes our relationships are not that good but we are holding together.

Today my Dad and I walked down the hall which is good for his 85 year old body. I worked a bit on finances and did my usual quotidian house keeping.

Hang on to whatever rope you have!
Old 07-08-2020, 04:51 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Hey all, just stopping in to say hi. I hope everyone is hanging in there. I was working from home for a few months but finally back in the office. It's good to be around people again. Hate wearing a mask but better to be safe than sorry. Still drinking ever now and then but really surprised I don't crave it at all and even don't want it much of the time. I find I might only have a few sips and then forget about it...go figure...anyway, I do miss all of you!
Old 07-08-2020, 04:58 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Barbs.

I gotta say tho - drinking, even sips, is just baiting the bear...why do it if it's not even doing anything for you?

D
Old 07-08-2020, 05:34 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Yup. I was saying the same thing to myself as I posted Dee. I think it's time to make a change
Old 07-14-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

OK I have some amazing News!!!!

I haven't drank for a few weeks and I have been feeling amazing.
The news is though that yesterday I found out I am PREGNANT!!!!!
I have never been so happy in my life, this is it for me, the universe has blessed me with such a precious gift and I am absolutely going to make the very best of this.

Everyone who knows me is thrilled and knows 100% that this will be the making of me

I'm not in a relationship thats the only thing, the Dad is my very close Buddhist friend who I've mentioned many times. He is like family to me and I do love him like family, we adore each other but I just don't feel romantically attracted to him. We got close a few weeks ago when I was still drinking and now this precious little life is on its way

We are both thrilled and he is absolutely over the moon and wants to fully support me and the baby. So I'm keeping my own home and job etc and I have support from the best baby Dad I could wish for. My parents are thrilled and they know the Dad too, he is so close to me and my parents anyway, like I said he's already like family to us so this is a beautiful very stable, supportive situation.

I'M GOING TO BE A MUMMY!!!!!!

I'm just waiting on a call from the midwife to arrange a scan but I think I'm around 6 weeks.

Much Love to you all. I'll check in again when I can.

xxxxx
Old 07-14-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Dee, I LOVE your signature
Old 07-14-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Wishing you and your coming babe the very best of good health, Sunflower.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:50 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Oh Wow Kitty, that is amazing. I hope you are feeling well and I am so happy you have been sober for some weeks.

Please let us know how you get on!
Old 07-15-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Kitty

D
Old 07-16-2020, 02:53 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Thank you all.
Yes I'll keep checkin in and posting here and there.
I am feeling super HAPPY and super HEALTHY

xxx
Old 07-16-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

We have rain here which is lovely. Any of you in the UK probably appreciate sunshine more than rain but we have a huge danger of wildfires along with a drought so rain is a blessing.

I'm sewing an Elsa dress for my little 3 year old great neice. I haven't been able to see her since the pandemic so I have no idea if it will fit. It makes the job a bit challenging but I'm trying to make the dress adjustable.

So off to sew button holes on to the veil/train/cape thing that goes on the dress.

Onward all with whatever life holds.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

I'm working into the armpit of the day here in the pestilence riddled US of A. I have a few errands and easy tasks to do which helps. Also a shower to get me through the hot part of the day.

My huge success this morning was fixing the drain on my bathroom sink. The plug wouldn't raise all the way so it wouldn't drain properly. With the help of a youtube video and a bit of persistence I figured it out. I am not naturally mechanical and have always though people who can build and fix things are really cool so I'm feeling pretty cheeky right now.

Also I'm hacking away at my Mexican Novel La Reina del Sur, it references lots of Mexican culture. I just listened to a song called Camilia La Tejana by Los Tigres del Norte. I can't say it is my type of music but so often I am tripped up in the language when I don't understand the cultural references. I think this song is a kind of ballad called a corredo but I'm not sure.

So off to shower, text my sister and tidy up the living room. Perhaps I can maximize some Feng Sui or something to get some good energy flowing.

Kitty I hope you are feeling okay.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:59 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hi all ( anyone) left in this group
I don't even know how to do a post anymore.
If any of you read this, I would so much like to get back in touch with you.
Joining a new group now, doesn't feel right, even though it has been almost 3 years since I last posted on this group.

Hope someone reads this

Lots of love
Ayers